Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:48   #16
BHPian

when i had contacted GM a few months go, they told me captiva is not available in awd version anywhere in the world. so awd version for india is not an option at all.

they had mentioned that they were contemplating the automatic though.

Last edited by BikerSG : 3rd January 2009 at 13:55.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
when i had contacted GM a few months go, they told me captiva is not available in awd version anywhere in the world. so awd version for india is not an option at all.
Hmmm.... now if you actually google for "captiva AWD" you find a lot of hits. How did you contact GM a few months ago ?
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:26   #18
BHPian

I doubt GM would get so over-confident as to price the Captiva AWD @ 26 lakhs. A premium of 1.5 lakhs would be more like it.

Quote:
when i had contacted GM a few months go, they told me captiva is not available in awd version anywhere in the world.
Sure is. Google's your friend.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Hmmm.... now if you actually google for "captiva AWD" you find a lot of hits. How did you contact GM a few months ago ?
I had met a GM employee at a track day, and got to chatting with him about the forrester and stuff a long time ago. and had met him some tie last year at a friends garage. he had then mentioned to me that the captiva was being contemplated in automatic. and also that the captiva was NOT available in AWD/4WD guise anywhere in the world!
Old 5th January 2009, 12:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
and also that the captiva was NOT available in AWD/4WD guise anywhere in the world!
Fyi, here in Brunei, my collegue sitting next to me is driving a AWD Captiva 2 VCDi.

Here it costed him exactly as much as a 2.0 CRV Petrol ie around 39k which is equal to 12lakhs (at today's rate approx).

According to my friend, the drive is a bit tough and bumpy. Also the noise insulation is bad esp after 100+kpml.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:55   #21
BHPian

Captiva Automatic - Additional Features?

Soon to be launched Captiva Automatic comes with AWD option. It is also rumoured to cost 2.5 lacs above the present version.

Does this new version will offer other:

1. Sunroof
2. Traction control

Any inputs?
Old 10th January 2009, 21:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes AWD is expected, but I think it would be equally good if AWD was available with manual also.

I think this is already discussed here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tiva+Automatic
Old 10th January 2009, 21:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

what a rip off IMO!! in Bangalore the captiva on road comes close to almost 21..so when this will come out expect to be around 27-30 lakhs.. The price you get a Benz for...well can the technology on this Korean turned Chevy match a merc?? i really don think so.
I think its the prefect time for Toyota to launch the fortuner..
If priced around 17-18 lakhs or so it will surely burn the captiva n its competition to the ground.

Last edited by vinaydas : 10th January 2009 at 21:30.
Old 10th January 2009, 23:19   #24
BHPian

Got it. As good as this forum is the search function sucks! I typed "Captiva Automatic" and got nothing!
Old 11th January 2009, 01:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Got it. As good as this forum is the search function sucks! I typed "Captiva Automatic" and got nothing!
I find that when I search "thread titles" with keywords, I get better results. In this case, I would have searched for just "Captiva" in thread titles because there aren't that many threads on Captiva.
Old 11th January 2009, 08:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

OT :
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
I know its OT, but the search facility has only one restriction of minimum words requirement.

I will put up an image for this " Captiva Automatic ".
Attached Thumbnails
Captiva AWD launching on Jan 26th EDIT: Now launched-tbhpcaptivaauto.jpg  

Old 11th January 2009, 08:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
what a rip off IMO!! in Bangalore the captiva on road comes close to almost 21..so when this will come out expect to be around 27-30 lakhs.. The price you get a Benz for...well can the technology on this Korean turned Chevy match a merc?? i really don think so.
I think its the prefect time for Toyota to launch the fortuner..
If priced around 17-18 lakhs or so it will surely burn the captiva n its competition to the ground.
Optimism

If Chevy sells Captiva at 21L OTR Bangalore, do you really think Toyota would do it for 17-18L?
Old 12th January 2009, 13:27   #28
BHPian

All i wish is Captiva AWD comes with manual trany. And IF they start localization it would be worth every penny you spend on it. If they price it in the range of 27-30 L it would remain a distant dream for many of us.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:04   #29
BHPian

Unless one manufacturer decides to locally produce a suv and to price it right until then all the others are enjoying huge margins.Come on toyota get the fortuner and bust all other manufacturers they need a lesson.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:19   #30
BHPian

IMHO, an SUV around 25 lakhs + OTR with a good Diesel and auto gearbox might have an unfilled niche for itself in the Indian market. People with Superbs, Lauras, Jettas and Passats are looking for a second car which comes with high ground clearance, good economy and the convenience of an Auto box.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed