Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2009, 00:51   #46
BHPian

Captiva AWD is imported as CBU from Korea. So the pricing is spot on.
Old 25th January 2009, 01:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

decent pricing i may say Rs 2,030,495.00 ex in blore
Old 30th January 2009, 16:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Thanks for the link to the website. If it has a rear centre 3-point ELR seatbelt and a rollover sensor, then it should be a good competitor for the VW Tiguan. Although, the Tiguan received five stars in the EuroNCAP test versus the Captiva's four.
Bad news: I have been told that the Captiva LTZ does not have side and curtain airbags. The rear centre seat does not have a 3-point seatbelt. And the ESP does not have active rollover protection. Also, there is no rollover sensor.

I have also been led to believe that there is no sign of the Tiguan being launched this year. It may be launched in 2010 but it is not confirmed. Currently, the safest auto under 30 lakhs seems to be the Passat.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:19   #49
BHPian

how good an off-roader will the AWD Captiva be?
Old 8th February 2009, 21:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
how good an off-roader will the AWD Captiva be?
Not really meant to be true off-roaders now, are they?
Old 9th February 2009, 13:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Not really meant to be true off-roaders now, are they?
well. i dont really know - hence my post.

the vitara and outlander are pretty good off-roaders (maybe not great though).

the awd cr-v is a frnt wheel driver which only transfers 20% to the rear when required. this makes it not so good to take off-road.

I have been trying to find out more about the awd system of the captiva. but none of the websites I've checked have more info about this.

Does anybody know how much power gets transferred to the rear in the awd cativa?
Old 9th February 2009, 17:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
Does anybody know how much power gets transferred to the rear in the awd cativa?
The weakness of AWD is increased fuel consumption but not in the Chevrolet Captiva. In normal road conditions, the Chevrolet Captiva operates with only the two front wheels. But when the system identifies a situation where four wheels would be better than two, such as in wet road conditions or rough terrain, the all-wheel-drive system will transfer power to the rear wheels in proportions ranging from 50:50, 60:40, or 70:30 depending on the situation. The benefit of this is that Captiva gets much better fuel economy without the trade-off of safety or flexibility when compared to other AWD vehicles.

Source: ::General Motors - Philippines
Old 14th September 2009, 17:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Captiva 2wd price slashed (may be also 4wd)upto 3 lakhs for festive season, as told by a salesmen at an Auto Show in Jaipur. Big thanks to Fortuner.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 14th September 2009 at 17:22.
Old 14th September 2009, 17:39   #54
BHPian

Till now, No price change on its site but I am 101% sure that Captiva Prices will go down to earth
Old 14th September 2009, 18:40   #55
BHPian

Same story. GM never learns. First Opel Astra, Forester, Spark. They have the finest products. All they need is some lessons in marketing. Launch the product with high price, product fails, reduce the prices and the productd fizzles out.

The Forester was a worthy product. AWD, Boxer Engine. Ride and Handling at any speed. Man it was a dream to do a TD.
Old 14th September 2009, 21:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
Till now, No price change on its site but I am 101% sure that Captiva Prices will go down to earth
They are giving discount, I guess, may be a facelift version is in pipeline.
Old 14th September 2009, 21:47   #57
DRC
BHPian

Gotta watch this thread closely...
I do no see a reason why it is bad to cut the prices when you made good of hay-days. It is there in all industries. We get concerned about the resale value because we plan of selling before buying.

On the other hand, there were cribs that VW doesnot reduce prices when it is switching from CBU to CKD.

PS : all under the assumption that when the reduce the price, they pan to switch to CKD. Otherwise I am worng, sorry
Old 14th September 2009, 21:58   #58
BHPian

I assume GM will go via CKD route. They simply cannot compete via CBU route.
Thats why they MAY be clearing whatever stock they may have.
Old 14th September 2009, 23:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

I absolutely agree with people who are unhappy with VW's tactic of bringing in cars through cbu first then shifting to ckds.
well they should pass on the benefits to the customer rather than selling it at the same price to make quick profits.
well
about the captiva generally company's dont shift from cbu to ckd with a price change unless a new model comes in(like the superb i think).
Old 15th September 2009, 07:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
I absolutely agree with people who are unhappy with VW's tactic of bringing in cars through cbu first then shifting to ckds.
well they should pass on the benefits to the customer rather than selling it at the same price to make quick profits.
well
about the captiva generally company's dont shift from cbu to ckd with a price change unless a new model comes in(like the superb i think).
What about the investment that entails changing a product from CBU to CKD?

That costs money right?

First that you have to get the Return on that Investment.

Then you can see some profit. (they do make the change for profit right?)

Unless someone has the investment figures for putting up an assembly line, and therefore the number of cars they have to sell at a higher margin to cover the interest first and then recoup that investment, I think we should stop bashing car companies for charging similar prices for CKD or CBU imports

@ CA's & Accountants: I'm sure one of you can try to get us some figures from the car companies Balance Sheets.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks