Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 14:21   #61

Hyundai i30 coming around this June. To be priced at 12Lac +.
(As told by one of Hyundai sales person in Delhi when I went there to enquire about i20)
Old 9th March 2009, 21:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVasishtha View Post
Hyundai i30 coming around this June. To be priced at 12Lac +.
(As told by one of Hyundai sales person in Delhi when I went there to enquire about i20)
Hyundai | New Cars | I30 looks like a Premium Hatch (Kinda bravo), will it come to India? Or modified as Sedan?
Old 9th March 2009, 21:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Yeti for early 2009 i guess ,
Skoda to unveil three Fabia variants- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

The company will also venture into the sports utility vehicle (SUV) segment with the launch of its Yeti model in early 2010, expected to be priced around Rs 10 lakh. It will expand its dealership network to 60 this year. In a bid to augment spare part supplies from its European facilities, Skoda has set up a warehouse at Aurangabad at an investment of Rs 12 crore
why not ? they will probably setup multiple warehouses .. as most of their income comes from ripping customers by selling them spares for sky high prices.

OT any confirmed news on the cruze?
Old 9th March 2009, 21:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
priced around Rs 10 lakh. It will expand its dealership network to 60 this year.
10? can you get me an Octavia for that much.

Try 20-25 lakh. Its based on a Tiguan.
Old 9th March 2009, 22:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Hyundai | New Cars | I30 looks like a Premium Hatch (Kinda bravo), will it come to India? Or modified as Sedan?
It has to be the sedan version. Hyundai might bring it as an Elantra replacement. The hatchback version cannot sell in India at 12 lakhs.
Old 10th March 2009, 07:05   #66
BHPian

please tell me when the lancer is going to be launched ...waiting for it since a LONG time
Old 10th March 2009, 12:11   #67
BHPian

Bravo

The pdf says Bravo to be assembled in india and cost around 6-7 lakhs. Any idea whether this is true. AFAIK, speculated price for bravo was 16-17 lakhs as CBU's.
Old 17th March 2009, 15:03   #68
BHPian

Ford to roll out small car in 2010-India Business-Business-The Times of India
Old 30th March 2009, 09:46   #69

New Teana... Launch date?

Guys, I was just in Thailand last week and saw and test drove the new Nissan Teana. I have to admit, I was mindblown!!! This is an amazing amazing car. The looks, the features, the drive, the comfort; everything was insane. And over there it was priced around Rs.18 lac.
Does anyone know or have any information about when this car is going to be launched in India?? I really can't wait to see this car on Indian roads. Thanks!

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th March 2009 at 11:46. Reason: Search please
Old 31st March 2009, 07:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
The pdf says Bravo to be assembled in india and cost around 6-7 lakhs. Any idea whether this is true. AFAIK, speculated price for bravo was 16-17 lakhs as CBU's.
Motor_breathing - you're right - the Bravo appears to be coming in via the CBU route, which would put it in the price range well beyond 10 lakhs. There's also a Bravo specific thread in T-BHP discussing this point. Check out the recent Zigwheels interview with Rajeev Kapoor, CEO FIAL - He states that the Bravo is planned as CBU import. Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com. However, there also seems to be little technical reason as to why the Bravo cannot be made locally - I mean its a great car, but making it here isnt exactly rocket science, especially with FIAL's Ranjangaon plant already operational. So, perhaps it could go either way?
Old 31st March 2009, 10:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Motor_breathing - you're right - the Bravo appears to be coming in via the CBU route, which would put it in the price range well beyond 10 lakhs.
if they are - they are wasting their energies on it. They should spent that energy in bringing a 1.6 VGT for Linea and for GP.
Old 31st March 2009, 21:10   #72
BHPian

Team,
Any idea about the launch date of Indigo-Vista? Autocar Jan edition was mentioning around March-09. March is just getting over. Can we expect it at least in May?
Old 31st March 2009, 21:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
It has to be the sedan version. Hyundai might bring it as an Elantra replacement. The hatchback version cannot sell in India at 12 lakhs.
They do have an Estate version - Estates have never been a hit in India YET , but who knows. I for one wouldn't mind one - would make a wonderful family car!

Hyundai | New Cars | I30estate
Old 1st April 2009, 19:16   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Team,
Any idea about the launch date of Indigo-Vista? Autocar Jan edition was mentioning around March-09. March is just getting over. Can we expect it at least in May?
The launch appears to have been postponed to Sep 09 - check out this link in Zigwheels - the interview with Mr Ratan Tata (last page)- the Tata-Fiat combine have given the schedule of their forthcoming models. Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com
Old 1st April 2009, 19:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
if they are - they are wasting their energies on it. They should spent that energy in bringing a 1.6 VGT for Linea and for GP.
Absolute waste of their time and energies is right - if its the CBU route! I wonder what's the big deal in making the Bravo locally and pricing it between the GP and the Linea ? In terms of price equivalence it could have been probably be in same bracket as the New Indigo or SX4 (VXi) variant. That would enable the tag of the 'exclusive' hatch as well as ensure decent sales!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks