Team-BHP - Car Launches for 2009 (List uploaded in post #81)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Car Launches for 2009 (List uploaded in post #81) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/51492-car-launches-2009-list-uploaded-post-81-a.html)

There has been lot of speculation of the launches lined up for 2009. Of which only Xylo & Linea have confirmed.

Can the members list down the cars that are lined up for 2009 based ONLY ON ACTUAL SPOTTING OF CARS in India.

- Grand Punto
- New Indica
- Skoda Superb

Pls add to the list of these upcoming cars.

There is also speculation of a face-lifted Verna in January itself with new grill, orvm turn indicators, 6 airbags ( too much ) sun/moon roof, alloy wheels and controls on sterring wheel. Can members confirm ?

Any spottings of Chevy Cruze?

A new Indica ? Again ? :uncontrol

I guess there aint going to another "new" Indica. Tata might launch the Indigo Vista.

Apart from GP and Superb, I am sure the Jazz will be launched in 2009. And maybe the i30 too along with the Fortuner and the Hyundai Avante.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkplug (Post 1115280)

Can the members list down the cars that are lined up for 2009 based ONLY ON ACTUAL SPOTTING OF CARS in India.

- Grand Punto
- New Indica
- Skoda Superb

Ooops... Not Indica. Indigo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1115324)
A new Indica ? Again ? :uncontrol

Agree with you Fountainhead... Here is how i describe the Tata car line-up or its achievements in last 10 years:

Car :: Indica

Indica - Indica (now Xeta)
Indigo - Badi Indica
Indigo CS - Thodi Badi Indica
Indigo XL - Ekdum Badi Indica
Indigo Marina - Lambi WagonR Jaisi Indica
Indica Vista - Nayi Vali Indica
Indica Vista Aqua - Nayi Safed Indica
Indicruz - Innova Jaisi Indica

Of the cars mentioned above, 7 are on road except the Indicruz; each has 5-6 variants. Indicates we have 35-40 versions of one car in market :Frustrati

I admire Tata Motors for Nano... but I hope Innovation needs to be defined as new cars and not new variants of Indica.. there are already so many.

Other launches in the 2009 would be:
2008 Audi A6
2009 Merc E-Class
2008 BMW 3 series
Maruti Splash/Ritz
New Skoda Laura

Fiat Bravo and Chevrolet Captiva AWD should be on the list

Nano
Honda Jazz
Maruti Suzuki Ritz
Renault Megane
Chevy Cruze
800cc Spark
i20 CRDI

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel (Post 1115407)
Nano
Honda Jazz
Maruti Suzuki Ritz
Renault Megane
Chevy Cruze
800cc Spark
i20 CRDI

What about the CRV and Accord diesel.We can also expect a 4 door Reva.I saw few 4-door Reva under test in Bangalore.
We might get a new MUV or the refreshed Rhino from ICML.

Last week an executive of Chevy showroom told me that the CRuze is going to be launched in Februvary 2009 with only a petrol engine initially.The diesel will be offered later according to him.Any news on this guys?

Yes the Chevrolet Cruze is going to be launched during the second quarter of 2009 . The month as of now is April 2009. It is coming with both a petrol and Diesel engine from its initial launch. The car is very well built and totally in a different league with respect to the cars we have seen from GM till date in India. This car would give the Laura , Civic and Corolla a run for its money with the quality feel it exhibits. The launch month of car has been given to my the General Manager of a Chevrolet Dealership in Cochin. clap:

Here is a list of expected cars for 2009.

Hyundai-Santa fe
Maruti-swift kb
Maruti-sx4 diesel
Tata-indicruz crossover
Hyundai-i10 diesel
Tata-Nano
Maruti-Ritz
Tata-new Indigo
Toyota-diesel Corolla
GM-Chevrolet-epica
Toyota-Innova facelift
Honda-jazz
GM-Chevrolet-small car
GM-Chevrolet-Captiva automatic
Mahindra-megane
Mahindra-Xylo
Skoda-yeti
Skoda-Roomster
Skoda-Fabia combi
Mitsubishi-Lancer gallant
Volkswagen-Passat cc
Fiat-Bravo
Skoda-new superb
Fiat-Linea
Fiat-Punto
Nissan-Micra
Chevrolet-Cruze
Nissan-Murano

I copied the above from this url - 2009 Car & Bikes List | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog

Nothing new from Stingy Toyota. Same old face lifted tactics.

Its not going to be a good year as far as new launches is concerned. Thanks to the credit crunch most manfacturers have delayed their plans of investment, expansion, and new launches.

even the new BMW 7 series and the Audi Q5

Heard Fortuner is also coming this year.
The global new model will be introduced in India somewhere around March April.

Toyota , everyone is waiting and it has been long.
get it finally please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkplug (Post 1115280)
There has been lot of speculation of the launches lined up for 2009. Of which only Xylo & Linea have confirmed.

- Grand Punto
- New Indica
- Skoda Superb

Pls add to the list of these upcoming cars.

There is also speculation of a face-lifted Verna in January itself with new grill, orvm turn indicators, 6 airbags ( too much ) sun/moon roof, alloy wheels and controls on sterring wheel. Can members confirm ?

Any spottings of Chevy Cruze?

All that on the new verna? :Shockked: I bought my sx a few months back and i would not know where to go and :Frustrati if the new verna is coming out with all that stuff!! But do you know how much the price tag on that will be? I got my sx diesel for 9 lakhs diesel. The price of the new one will go through the roof if its offering all that stuff. Are hyundai planning to push the verna past the 10lakh barrier to compete with the likes of the optra magnum?