Tata Indica Vista 30 10.87%
Tata Sumo Grande 1 0.36%
Toyota Corolla Altis 13 4.71%
Volkswagen Jetta 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 19:30   #151
Senior - BHPian

A hornet's nest has now been opened like a mile with all new Fiat Linea (ANFL) vs City (sorry all new Honda City or ANHC)

One major point: these polls are subjective, but surely there should be at least one person voting for the Jetta!!!! (no ragazine long-termer owners here?).

Last edited by vasudeva : 9th January 2009 at 19:33.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I'm sorry if the poll caused a bit of confusion.

The Linea was included in ACI's list of cars launched in 2008 and so I assumed that the linea was actually launched in 2008. I also remember looking at a thread where a couple of people had already booked the car.
That means ACI made a mistake and we repeated it. But atleast, they would have done atleast an extensive test drive.
But here we are, people voting something they have not even seen yet !

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I never knew we use someone else's commonsense while voting. All these years i thought its mine! Thanks for the enlightment
First of all, its enlightenment, not enlightment.

But i am sorry you couldn't understand my post. Maybe this will help:

"Apna vote daalne se pahle apni samajh ka prayog kariye"

While we are at it, do have a look at this thread. Highly recommended.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:57   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
First of all, its enlightenment, not enlightment.

<snip>
DCEite,

While we are at it, the same thread of Sam says that, it should "it's" and not "its".

Let's all just stop this, can we? I really mean no offense. You've been around on this forum for quite long, have been part of MOD team for a while and it doesn't help nitpicking on such typos.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:01   #154
BHPian

Why God ? why is the Linea in this Poll ? We are not governed by any special bodies or the likes can't we just do without the Linea ?
Old 9th January 2009, 20:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
DCEite,

While we are at it, the same thread of Sam says that, it should "it's" and not "its".

Let's all just stop this, can we? I really mean no offense. You've been around on this forum for quite long, have been part of MOD team for a while and it doesn't help nitpicking on such typos.
What takes the cake is that the hindi sentence in the post is incorrect as well . "Samajh ka prayog", now that is a first!
Old 9th January 2009, 20:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

For Diabloo,

Please send a message to all auto magazines, auto forums including team-bhp and national newspapers that any COTY poll that doesn't result in a Honda car winning will be considered biased, rigged and fake.

By the way, quite a few people didn't vote for the Linea because they believe it's not officially launched and it still has blown the ANHC away. Just imagine if the car was actually launched and more people voted how badly it would annihlate the ANHC.

Quote:
But atleast, they would have done atleast an extensive test drive.
Yes they did and that surely makes them more qualified to decide the COTY then people here. But people still claim that ACI was biased and bribed to declare the Linea the winner! I think we should wait for the latest issue of ACI. Maybe they have explained why the Linea was included in the COTY list this year?
Old 9th January 2009, 20:17   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being an ex-mod or a distinguished BHPIan does not mean that i can't raise my voice against stupidity. If that was the case, rest assured, i would have left the forum a long while back.

Quote:
What takes the cake is that the hindi sentence in the post is incorrect as well . "Samajh ka prayog", now that is a first!
Again, i don't want to go OT, but go and take Hindi classes before commenting here. Please.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:21   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Yes they did and that surely makes them more qualified to decide the COTY then people here. But people still claim that ACI was biased and bribed to declare the Linea the winner! I think we should wait for the latest issue of ACI. Maybe they have explained why the Linea was included in the COTY list this year?
I think the reason why most people (including me) are opposing the Linea being declared COTY by ACI , is not because we think that ACI is biased and bribed for Fiat, but by definition COTY nominees can only include calls launched during that year. This is where the confusion and opposition is, atleast in my case. Ofcourse, how good a car Linea actually is, only time will tell, when we have more TDs and ownership reports (T-bhp and otherwise).

Last edited by DCEite : 9th January 2009 at 20:24.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:47   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Again, i don't want to go OT, but go and take Hindi classes before commenting here. Please.
Well you actually did start nitpicking about language and hence my response. Recommend you to do the same about Hindi classes. Show me one statement in any book, dictionary or magazine that has that phrase and I will apologize to you and withdraw my statement.

Last edited by hondadude : 9th January 2009 at 20:48.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:56   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DCEite,

You know what RX, soul of some people can't sleep well at night if they don't do kiddish things. Thats why i don't feel the need to reply anymore to such comments.
(Any more English mistakes in the above statement Sir 'DCEite' then kindly let me know as i have never written or spoken english my entire life so you see - 'am kinda learning it on the forum then from a school' ).

Last edited by harry10 : 9th January 2009 at 20:57.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:01   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Well you actually did start nitpicking about language and hence my response. Recommend you to do the same about Hindi classes. Show me one statement in any book, dictionary or magazine that has that phrase and I will apologize to you and withdraw my statement.
Sure, but lets not go OT anymore here. Lets, take it up offline if you want.

I will not be posting OT stuff henceforth on in this thread.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th January 2009 at 21:08.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:22   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That means ACI made a mistake and we repeated it. But atleast, they would have done atleast an extensive test drive.
But here we are, people voting something they have not even seen yet !
DCEite - two big problems with this statement.

1) Its preposterous for you to assume people haven't seen the Linea. A lot of people have seen it, and some have TD'ed. Please read other threads before making invalid assumptions like this.
2) There's no condition here saying a TD has to be done before the voting. Had it been - then ideally everyone should personally TD all cars listed here before voting. Which - i doubt will be probably a handful - if not at all.

Let me put an open question here - How many here have TD'ed the Audi A4, Captiva, Fiat 500 & new Accord?. If they haven't how can they know if its not a better car than the one they selected?

Folks - select the car you want. Respect others choice. I respect if someone else want to select A-star or Fiat 500 as the best car. Why should right do I, DCEite or anyone else have to question others judgment?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 9th January 2009 at 21:28.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:25   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Relax all you guys before this thread is closed. It's a poll and people can vote as they seem fit. (Same reason as people voting in politics, its secret and to each his own)!
Let's get back to the topic....
Old 9th January 2009, 21:45   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Relax all you guys before this thread is closed. It's a poll and people can vote as they seem fit. (Same reason as people voting in politics, its secret and to each his own)!
Let's get back to the topic....
Right.
Getting back to topic.
Few amazing results -
1.- Jetta still on - 0.- (does noone likes it?)
2.- Altis- 12. (Seems not many corolla lovers anymore here.)
3.- Vista - 27 - picking up. ( i feel if we take Linea out of poll this is a nice competitor to ANHC in terms of VFM).
4.- Honda Accord - 10 (I thought accord lovers are quiet more than the number suggest so far.)
5.- Maruti A-Star -9 (Not surprised)

Last edited by harry10 : 9th January 2009 at 21:47.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:49   #165
BHPian

Quote:
But i am sorry you couldn't understand my post. Maybe this will help:

"Apna vote daalne se pahle apni samajh ka prayog kariye"

To the Mods - How much lower one needs to stoop to? This is dissappointing!

Quote:
Sure, but lets not go OT anymore here. Lets, take it up offline if you want.

I will not be posting OT stuff henceforth on in this thread.
OT - To the cutodian of the Queen's English - Get your English straight before sharing gyan here! If you have heard of punctuation - I guess there isnt supposed to be a comma after 'Lets' ?

Last edited by car'zy : 9th January 2009 at 21:52.

Most Viewed