Toyota Corolla Altis 13 4.71%
Volkswagen Jetta 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 19:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
neither have any TD reports. So on what basis people have voted for Linea?
on the contrary, Autocar Dec 08 had a detailed TD on Linea, and Overdrive Jan 09 had a TD on Linea and comparo against ANHC. There are numerous other TD's available on most car magazines.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

To all those who are opposing Linea being in the list, this thread is about the "New Car Launch ..." and since Linea can be seen in flesh, I think its fair game to have Linea in the poll. This is significantly different from Honda Jazz and Xylo.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Car launches of 2008 means Linea cant come into picture because its not launched yet.

Its just emotional feeling and shows ego to have Linea in this Poll and shows members need more maturity.

I prefer real truth rather than emotional feeling. I request every member not to fight too much about silly thing of Linea launch.

Please note that once its launched expect reverse feedback from same members who are backing up Linea here

Linea is good car but it deserves car of the year 2009.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

I am confused. Is this poll for the COTY 2008 or launch of 2009?

My vote for the already launched would go to the Hyundai i20. Yes, it is on the pricey side, which is subjective given the features on offer. ANHC ran a close second.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:19   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
on the contrary, Autocar Dec 08 had a detailed TD on Linea, and Overdrive Jan 09 had a TD on Linea and comparo against ANHC. There are numerous other TD's available on most car magazines.
I am refering to TD reports by T-Bhpians. Since the car is yet to be launched there are no TD comprehensive experiences by any of the members. the other thread on linea, have some members had small TD reports and also have been booked by 4 people. once launched and members find it good and above the rest, no problem in crowning it the King COTY. but if it has not had TD by T-bhpians, i won't believe any other reference / forum.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am refering to TD reports by T-Bhpians. Since the car is yet to be launched there are no TD comprehensive experiences by any of the members. the other thread on linea, have some members had small TD reports and also have been booked by 4 people. once launched and members find it good and above the rest, no problem in crowning it the King COTY. but if it has not had TD by T-bhpians, i won't believe any other reference / forum.
TBHPian Muneemmk has written a TD report and his experiences on his training for the Linea! He was an ex-employee of a Fiat-Tata dealership.

TBHPian JRD has taken a brief TD of the Linea before he had booked the car.

Kindly do a search!

Good to see that the Linea has already created a dent in Honda's hopes! Atleast in TBHP for now !

Last edited by anachronix : 7th January 2009 at 21:04.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be said Linea is surely leading the poll which shows its current popularity. Somehow i feel ANHC must be feeling the heat under the neck! Is a Sports variant of ANHC with the fog lamps,spoilers,ACC,alloys on the card
@anachronix - Yup, you are right. I am sure many people who have voted for ANHC haven't taken a TD themselves but just singing praises as its a 'Honda'.

Last edited by harry10 : 7th January 2009 at 21:04.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
once launched and members find it good and above the rest, no problem in crowning it the King COTY. but if it has not had TD by T-bhpians, i won't believe any other reference / forum.
That's your view point and that's perfectly fine. Everyone is free to vote for a car they think deserves it.
Old 7th January 2009, 22:21   #69
Senior - BHPian

I really don't understand how can Linea be in this poll. Even though some BHPians might have seen it and all, it hasn't been officially launched!! If thats the case, lets have the Xylo, the Honda Jazz, the Chevy Cruze, the Suzuki Splash etc etc. Having Linea in this poll doesn't do justice to the title Team-BHP New Car Launch of the Year 2008
Old 7th January 2009, 23:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I really don't understand how can Linea be in this poll. Even though some BHPians might have seen it and all, it hasn't been officially launched!! If thats the case, lets have the Xylo, the Honda Jazz, the Chevy Cruze, the Suzuki Splash etc etc. Having Linea in this poll doesn't do justice to the title Team-BHP New Car Launch of the Year 2008
thats because the thread title is a typo and the mods ought to change it to 2009 And yes I agree all those cars which may be launched in 2009 should be in the poll!!
Old 8th January 2009, 01:00   #71
BHPian

Biased?

I fell that on T-Bhp the Linea and Fiat in general is slightly hyped, which can be seen in this poll from the number of people voting for the Linea without even seeing it in flesh!

(I know I am going to get many remarks for this post, but then I feel it is unfair towards the other contenders)
And I myself am actually a Fiat fan having owned the Uno before and a DDiS now

Voted for the Vista as it seems to be a commendable effort from Tata and will actually affect a large no. of car users
Old 8th January 2009, 10:09   #72
Senior - BHPian

Linea? When was it launched in 2008?

Maruti Swift Dzire is the one widely reached in terms of sales.

Indica Vista was not seen much on the roads like the welcome given to its predecessor in 1998.

Altis was a popular launch and expected much after City.

Grande was a disappoinment.

Fiat 500 must be he least selling cars, least expected too.

Mitsubishi Outlander is the one I have never seen on the road till date.

i20 was launched only in Delhi, other cities are yet to see - Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by agbenny : 8th January 2009 at 10:15.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Fiat Linea has won the AutoCar India COTY.

Looks like ACI and team-bhp think alike. Since they have driven and expereinced the car much better then all of us, it will be interesting to read why it was chosen the COTY by them.

I do agree that the Linea should not have been in the shortlist either here or by ACI.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

even the Hyundai i20 should not be there on the poll, I feel but since it was officially launched by Hyundai before 2008 was over - I guess it should be fine.

A couple of people might have booked the Linea but it was not launched officially by FIAT and hence it should not be in this poll.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 8th January 2009 at 10:32.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

I don't want to make it battle, but when I called Fiat customer care they said bookings not started yet. People who booked Linea unofficially. XYLO was suppose to be launched in dec. 2008 and then they postponed it to Jan 2009 and its same case with Linea too.

Members in any car forums create waves like the way its done in this thread, its ok I feel as long as people are getting popular Actually this biased/ego nature has hurt sentiments of people and economy has taken a hit.

Linea is good car it deserves good credit but we need to evaluate only once its launched.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 8th January 2009 at 10:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks