Toyota Corolla Altis 13 4.71%
Volkswagen Jetta 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 10:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Guys, Fiat Linea has won the AutoCar India COTY.
This is fantastic news! The value proposition of this car at 9+L on road is amazing. Skoda will be hard pressed to justify an Octy at 13+L on road after this hits the road. Ford Fiesta, which is a full size smaller looks grossly overpriced and under equipped now.

Wish Linea a great success!
Old 8th January 2009, 10:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat Linea has won the AutoCar India COTY.
To add to that:

- Honda fans need not worry. The viewers choice was the ANHC.

- Fiat Linea won the Best mid-size car award also.

- ACI (who have test driven the car) say the car has a creamy smooth diesel engine.

Last edited by amit : 8th January 2009 at 11:01.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:07   #78
Senior - BHPian

If you take Linea out of the equation, this becomes a single horse race so what's the fun in doing the poll. Besides, it's boring to see every Honda model being awarded COTY. After a long time we have a car that will sets new benchmarks for features and gizmos in that segment and deserves an award.

I have voted for Linea and I haven't TD'ed it. I have based my vote after reading detailed reviews in ACI and Overdrive.

I haven't TD'ed other strong contenders like ANHC, i20 and A-Star as well. So, instead of being rigid about voting for only those cars that I TD'ed, I voted for the cars based on what I know about them. It is quite possible that several others voted like I did.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:21   #79
BHPian

That sounds sound. I absolutely liked the ANHC but was dissappointed when I got to know alloys etc were not standard. Even the Ford Fiesta S offers it as standard. I have seen quite a few ANHCs in Bangalore, but havent TD'ed it. I liked Linea better after seeing it, but again I have not TD'ed it.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:43   #80

Being Indian, VFM factor definitely creeps in how much ever avoided. One thing the COTY 09 should do is take competition forward which would also have maximum impact on Indian market.
Linea, being popular on the forum didnt appear to be competition to me as IMO that segment should have cars powered by a hundred horses at least.
ANHC with its breathtaking exteriors and one amazing engine has to be the winner. However, Honda seems to be way to confident in terms of its pricing. Wonder how much impact it would have on long term basis.

A-Star oozes a lot of desirability in terms of Styling, Safety, New Engine and VFM. Seems to me to be a Winner on Indian roads.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Honda 35 and Fiat 57. Great going Fiat. I wish I had the moolah to buy the car!
Old 8th January 2009, 11:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

From what I have heard, the diesel Linea is fuel efficient but engine huffs and puffs pulling the weight of the car. It is not a very peppy car.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:20   #83
Senior - BHPian

I have TD the ANHC . Will wait for Linea TD before voting.

ANHC - Better powered on paper ; Under equipped
Linea - Under powered on paper ; Over equipped

My biggest concern for Linea is A.S.S. Linea is no doubt a very promising car. But Tata/ Fiat dealer in my city doesnt boast of great A.S.S.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

i feel its captiva cause it showed for the first time that GM can do well in d segment if it chooses to launch the right car

it deserves the credit for selling captiva in numbers close to that of the CRV
Old 8th January 2009, 16:07   #85
BANNED

Every car has opened it account, except 'Volkswagen Jetta'? No body feels its good?
Old 8th January 2009, 16:22   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Every car has opened it account, except 'Volkswagen Jetta'? No body feels its good?
I actually really like the Jetta and it is my 2nd choice since I voted for the Altis.

The reason I voted for the Altis is because of Toyota's approach to fight the Civic not only on price but also on features. Resulting in higher standards being offered to us consumers at a competitive price.

The Jetta although a good car didn't do much to shake up it's segment, for me it's a better version of the Laura. I love the car for what it is but it hasn't done much to be given the COTY title.

Ok, I also admit my votes biast because I just got myself an Altis
Old 8th January 2009, 16:33   #87
BHPian

Mine will be the Audi A4, it has the presence, appearance, jaw dropping style, power, pleasure driving etc..
Old 8th January 2009, 17:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
This is fantastic news! The value proposition of this car at 9+L on road is amazing. Skoda will be hard pressed to justify an Octy at 13+L on road after this hits the road. Ford Fiesta, which is a full size smaller looks grossly overpriced and under equipped now.

Wish Linea a great success!
Isn't it time for Skoda to pack up octavia and launch a new model or atleast facelift it with reduced price tag because with the success of Verna,a few selling magnums and now the Linea i dont think many would like to buy a boring looking age old Octavia design which does not gives many features as per the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
For me Jetta didn't induced any excitement. Yes i haven't TD it yet however the feature list is so similar with the Laura and also the price tag.
Old 8th January 2009, 17:42   #89
BANNED

Fiat Linea doesn't deserve to be on this poll. The thread title reads very correct; Team-BHP New Car Launch of the Year 2008
No place for doubts and confusions. Launch of Linea is yet to happen. Huh! The dealers aren't even sure when it will be (just asked my uncle who is waiting eagerly for one).

My vote goes for Indica Vista. It's more car per car, excellent technology, distinguishable features, good driveability and very good VFM!

As for the launch, the best launch was done by Mercedes for their C class. The rolling in and the german models, wow! It was soooopppaab!
Old 8th January 2009, 17:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

My vote goes for Indica Vista. It's more car per car, excellent technology, distinguishable features, good driveability and very good VFM!

You mean the Fiat's Multijet plonked in the Vista?? Zak , when did you start praising about fiat ( kiddin)

Most Viewed