Tata Indica Vista 30 10.87%
Tata Sumo Grande 1 0.36%
Toyota Corolla Altis 13 4.71%
Volkswagen Jetta 1 0.36%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 14:22   #106
Senior - BHPian

Linea is winning coz people like it. If you put Jazz or Cruze or even fortuner in the poll I am sure they won't get more votes then ANHC. Its Linea who is getting votes..
Old 9th January 2009, 14:24   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
ajayr, ajnagpur, aks_karthik, amaan, anachronix, architect, bhanusrinivas, bhp1, car'zy, Comrade, coolbareilly, crn12, cruiser_1982, deccangroove, dude131, Ferrari1976, finneyp, gaurav911, GeekSrik, gr8guzzler, greatDrive, HappyGoLucky, harry10, hashcode, hondadude, hrishig, kiren, krish3, lamborghini, manoj_joseph78, maverickxx2006, ms001, nitinralli, ntranced, okvinu, pawan_pullarwar, penpavan, Puffdamgcdragon, Rach, rajen83, RakishRam, ram.west, Sacrosanct, safari_lover, sanku, sanstorm, sathee46, shabahmad, Shaddow.Fax, shantyrocks, shineshine, SilentEngine, sj_koova, SkyWalker, sridharp77, sriramv.iyer, sukrit7, SumitBahl, superbhikari, Superleggera, swami, swifts, tez, tinkywinky, vikasb, wannabe loser, windsurfer

Are truly great people. Without having even looking at the car in real, they have declared it the car of the year. Kudos guys!
Thanks DCE for appreciating our votes. But I believe we should appreciate the CAR for its built, engine, performance, VFM, etc. One should never blindly believe on brands. As far as I know there are many T-Bhpians who owns Fiat and most of us have never faced any problem with their cars (except for After Sales Service). If After Sales Service is a major point then Audi, BMW, Merc, VW, Nissan and other luxury segment cars will always disqualify for the same. Unlike Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Honda, etc. these manufacturers dont even have service centers for Tier 2 cities. So After Sales Service will always be problem for non metro guys who purchases these cars.

Last edited by coolbareilly : 9th January 2009 at 14:25. Reason: *** (After Sales Service was replaced by ***)
Old 9th January 2009, 14:24   #108
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the Tata Indica Vista catching up slowly in the vote! I hope it doesnt put the ANHC to shame !

Last edited by anachronix : 9th January 2009 at 14:26.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
ajayr, ajnagpur, aks_karthik, amaan, anachronix, architect, bhanusrinivas, bhp1, car'zy, Comrade, coolbareilly, crn12, cruiser_1982, deccangroove, dude131, Ferrari1976, finneyp, gaurav911, GeekSrik, gr8guzzler, greatDrive, HappyGoLucky, harry10, hashcode, hondadude, hrishig, kiren, krish3, lamborghini, manoj_joseph78, maverickxx2006, ms001, nitinralli, ntranced, okvinu, pawan_pullarwar, penpavan, Puffdamgcdragon, Rach, rajen83, RakishRam, ram.west, Sacrosanct, safari_lover, sanku, sanstorm, sathee46, shabahmad, Shaddow.Fax, shantyrocks, shineshine, SilentEngine, sj_koova, SkyWalker, sridharp77, sriramv.iyer, sukrit7, SumitBahl, superbhikari, Superleggera, swami, swifts, tez, tinkywinky, vikasb, wannabe loser, windsurfer

Are truly great people. Without having even looking at the car in real, they have declared it the car of the year. Kudos guys!

What to say. What makes you think all of them have not seen the car?
I HAVE seen the car and sat inside it and I am no way linked to fiat.

Please behave yourself before making such foolish comments in future.

Also I spotted the red color car on university road , pune twice in this week near E-Square. It was shoffer driven car with temp registration.

Are deliveries started?
Old 9th January 2009, 14:35   #110
Senior - BHPian

Linea it is! I almost issued a check of 1 lac on the emotion + for booking, but held up when my friends who came with me at the showrooom called me nuts of blindly buying a car purely on looks .. waiting to lay my hands on this Italian beauty on 16th Jan for TD
Old 9th January 2009, 14:35   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

For me, its the accord for now... can't say anything about the linea since it's still not TDed yet by me nor prices announced.

if the Linea is on this poll, then so should the Nano. Both cars announced, but deliveries not started! If nano was here in this poll, i'm pretty certain that it would be the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig
It was shoffer driven car...
You mean chauffeur driven right?

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 9th January 2009 at 14:37.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:37   #112
BANNED

Linea is winning because Fiat fans are voting for it. Just like Amitab Bachchan is No 1 and Govinda is No 10 in BBC's The Vote for Greatest Star between 1000AD to 2000AD, yes thats last 1000 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Linea is winning coz people like it.
Let Fiat first announce that they indeed have a car called 'Linea'. Then we worry about deliveries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Are deliveries started?
Old 9th January 2009, 14:41   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Linea is winning because Fiat fans are voting for it. Just like Amitab Bachchan is No 1 and Govinda is No 10 in BBC's The Vote for Greatest Star between 1000AD to 2000AD, yes thats last 1000 years.

Let Fiat first announce that they indeed have a car called 'Linea'. Then we worry about deliveries.
Diabloo, for heaven sake please stop posting CRAP here!
Old 9th January 2009, 14:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
For me, its the accord for now... can't say anything about the linea since it's still not TDed yet by me nor prices announced.

if the Linea is on this poll, then so should the Nano. Both cars announced, but deliveries not started! If nano was here in this poll, i'm pretty certain that it would be the winner.

You mean chauffeur driven right?
yes my Bad! I mean chauffeur driven. Next time I will try to take picture , but I don't know what's the point as you can see them in tata showrooms also.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:44   #115
BHPian

Quote:

I have been all proper on this forum till now, but then reckless posts/sarcasm like this dissappoint!

You would be better adviced to mind your writing here!! I'm included in the list above and I have seen the car! I take serious exception to that, you have no business judging for others - there could very well have been some here who have voted without seeing the car, but that doesnt justify sweeping comments like above.

And, I guess you are dissappointed, but as a distinguished member of this wonderful forum - we would expect some sort of decorum and a more restrained/measured post from the likes of you!

Last edited by car'zy : 9th January 2009 at 14:49.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:45   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
One should never blindly believe on brands.
Ironically, that's exactly you have done, by Voting something you have (in all probability) not even seen, forget driving it or been driven in one.

Quote:
As far as I know there are many T-Bhpians who owns Fiat and most of us have never faced any problem with their cars (except for After Sales Service). If After Sales Service is a major point then Audi, BMW, Merc, VW, Nissan and other luxury segment cars will always disqualify for the same. Unlike Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Honda, etc. these manufacturers dont even have service centers for Tier 2 cities. So After Sales Service will always be problem for non metro guys who purchases these cars.
When did i mention anything about After sales, FIAT, Audi, BMW in my post? I only said, i find it extremely funny that there are some people who voted for the car they have not even seen. There are no long term ownership reports, no extensive TD by any team-bhpian, nothing.
Car of the year for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig
Please behave yourself before making such foolish comments in future.
It was shoffer driven car with temp registration.
Shorry sir, i wont make phooolish comments in future.

Last edited by DCEite : 9th January 2009 at 14:49.
Old 9th January 2009, 14:50   #117
Senior - BHPian

^^ Coming from a Dist' BHPian
Old 9th January 2009, 15:02   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ironically, that's exactly you have done, by Voting something you have (in all probability) not even seen, forget driving it or been driven in one.

Quote:
When did i mention anything about After sales, FIAT, Audi, BMW in my post? I only said, i find it extremely funny that there are some people who voted for the car they have not even seen. There are no long term ownership reports, no extensive TD by any team-bhpian, nothing.
Car of the year for what?
What makes you decide this probability. Is it the probability that you have not seen it! Reminds of a old chinese proverb. If you have not seen it doesnt mean that the whole world has not seen. There are lot of people here who have seen the Linea and also TDed it.

Quote:
A little overboard and looks like plain ridicule to me. Some respect to other members in this forum is expected!

One thing that makes me feel excited is the effect Fiat brings when they bring their new cars. Many were moaning about Fiat in 2001 when the Palio came. And it repeats in 2009. Good to see people moan against Fiat for making good cars. And its a pleasent feeling when its the ANHC thats taking the beating from Fiat.

The Linea looks really nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP New Car Launch of the Year 2008-fiat_linea_market_debut.jpg  

Last edited by anachronix : 9th January 2009 at 15:11.
Old 9th January 2009, 15:07   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
^^ Coming from a Dist' BHPian
I second that!

I thought a distinguished BHP'ian is supposed to show the way! I thought there were all about Knowledge, balanced views, politesse, decorum, etiquette and restraint. And, especially in a thread like this where there have been quite a few strong opinions and tempers brewing!

Quote:

Alas! Not to be! The comment above lampooning anothers language skills is in poor taste!
Old 9th January 2009, 15:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Diabloo, for heaven sake please stop posting CRAP here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Holy cow !! How the hell did Amitabh enter Linea thread?? Diabloo common buddy lets stick to some decent comparison.

Most Viewed