Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 20:48   #61
BHPian

wow but why no airbags?the european accent(ie verna) has them.want to sue the manufacturers.are our life cheap????
Old 4th February 2009, 21:15   #62
BHPian

Your cameras not that bad!
The new stereo seems better fitted, but it looks so outdated. Doesnt look anywhere as funky as many of the new ICE systems that are there in the market. I'm sure others would agree with my opinion? The car still lacks 195 tires. No other changes as such are there? Also, no steering controls. I thought this was going to be available.
Old 4th February 2009, 21:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Sri. Really love the Verna in white!!Why no airbags, better alloys,steering mounted controls???? Also i somehow dont like the area around A/c controls.
Old 5th February 2009, 13:09   #64
BHPian

Hyundai is ripping off Indian customers

Hyundai is taking Indian customers for a ride guys. Seriously expected at least the updated Verna to come with dual airbags and maybe automatic transmission in the petrol version too. If not the automatic (which somehow, they seem to be interested in offering only with the diesel versions - like Sonata Transform and now this updated Verna), at least the airbags should have been provided.

Why don't they learn from the other offerings in the market like the updated Fiesta, new Linea and the SX4 which came with dual airbags and ABS from the time of launch ?

I have written a long detailed email to Hyundai India last night and will be posting a copy of the mail on this forum for you all to read. Whatever thoughts I had in my mind, I have put them down in the email. Hope they do something.

Their cars are now seriously overpriced and lack some important features. When they can be offered on overseas versions, why not here ?

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 5th February 2009, 13:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hyundai is taking Indian customers for a ride guys. Seriously expected at least the updated Verna to come with dual airbags and maybe automatic transmission in the petrol version too. If not the automatic (which somehow, they seem to be interested in offering only with the diesel versions - like Sonata Transform and now this updated Verna), at least the airbags should have been provided.

Why don't they learn from the other offerings in the market like the updated Fiesta, new Linea and the SX4 which came with dual airbags and ABS from the time of launch ?

I have written a long detailed email to Hyundai India last night and will be posting a copy of the mail on this forum for you all to read. Whatever thoughts I had in my mind, I have put them down in the email. Hope they do something.

Their cars are now seriously overpriced and lack some important features. When they can be offered on overseas versions, why not here ?

Warm regards,
Venkat
At the service center that day, about 5 guys had come from HMIL taking customer feedback on the hyundai car they own and stuff. So I gave them a very very long detailed list of ups and downs in the verna and potential upgrade issues. The list spanned almost an entire page ranging from the positioning of the air conditioner to the suspension. But yes, the lack of airbags is a dissappointment, though this is a cost cutting exercise. And the lack of automatic in the petrol is probably explaiend by the fact that 1)diesel is a better seller then the petrol variant 2) automatic increases the price, and they probably want to keep the petrol variants price as low as possible.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

called mum dealer CRDI Auto Rs. 10.13 lacs for on road mum price I think very steep
Old 5th February 2009, 17:13   #67
BHPian

medium sized diesel car with auto should be ideal for city use
10.13 in mumbai then it must be 10.5 in karnataka
my view it should be priced below 10 lakh maybe 9.99 on road
Old 5th February 2009, 17:21   #68
BHPian

I really wonder if all verna owners should march up to Hyundai and make them listen to us and get thoes airbags as a standard fittment on all verna's. Why is hyundai killing the verna like this.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
my view it should be priced below 10 lakh maybe 9.99 on road

Sooner or later you'll hear dealer offering such price as navratiri special price or special discounted price
Old 5th February 2009, 17:51   #70
BHPian

My opinion is that Hyundai should at least have the airbags / automatic transmission as options, though airbags and ABS are pretty much standard on these cars' overseas versions. In India, due to the price factor, they should have these at least as add-ons. At least give us buyers the opportunity to opt for the airbags / automatic tranny at a price. But sadly, they have chosen to ignore this.

Adding the automatic tranny to the CRDi top end variant has taken the price of the Verna beyond 10L which I think is too much for a car in that segment.

And, when they can offer airbags on cheaper models in the range like the i20 and i10, why not on the Verna which is more powerful and which is likely to see more high speed drives on highways ? I feel the airbags should be offered on bigger cars with more powerful engines as a priority, though of course safety should not be compromised depending on car size.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 9th February 2009, 17:42   #71
BHPian

Now launched at Rs 6.38 to 8.65 Lakhs ex showroom delhi.

here is the link Hyundai launches new Verna in 4 variants- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Most Viewed