Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 15:31   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
TOI reports BPCL calls off strike.
yes confirmed news. BPCL employees call off strike. To work overtime on saturday and sunday to clear backlog.

So when will the fuel actually reach the pumps to normalize the situation?
Old 9th January 2009, 15:33   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Sorry if this is going OT but the difference is that these guys get a pay revision every 5 years with minimal increments every year unlike software engineers who have a revision every six months - one year. Considering that fact, I feel it is quite unjust. Again that is my personal opinion.
I have worked in an oil PSU as sales officer for one year before my aversion for bureaucracy got better of me. From what I know a job in oil PSU is comparable to creamiest jobs in govt services, in terms of comfort and perks. The salaries of oil PSU officers are better than those in civil services. The only down side is that if you try to be honest you may be shot down like Manjunath was. The flip side is that if you play ball with dealers you can earn few lakhs a month without breaking a sweat. In spite of the above facts, oil PSU employees have every right to resort to strike just like employees in any other industry, but the pity here is that govt letting these guys paralyze the nation.
Old 9th January 2009, 15:48   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Below is the Breaking new flashing on TOI

BPCL employees call off strike
To work overtime on Saturday, Sunday to clear backlog
BPCL controls 25% of the petro goods market in the country
HPCL accounts for 27% and IOC the rest.

Hope panick on petrol stike comes to rest.
. Now when will IOC follow this suit.

You guys have got any idea how the strike was called off? Has govt agreed to their demands or these striking officials could not bear the heat of the people of India.
Old 9th January 2009, 15:52   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
. Has govt agreed to their demands or these striking officials could not bear the heat of the people of India.
Big question? What went on under cover?
Old 9th January 2009, 15:54   #155
A.R
BHPian

No info anywhere about what talks were held & what was agreed finally to restore service. But then, why only 70% returned to work? Shifts or do we still have some hangin on? Whata bout IOC? still thinking.....?

If all of the needs were agreed to, then thats pure mass 'blackmail', despite the underlying reasons. This is not the way to achieve it.

Anyways, it could take about a day to resume normal service at fuel pumps. That is if the public do not continue to hunt down pumps & tank up!
Old 9th January 2009, 15:55   #156
Team-BHP Support

Harry, its better you take a cab. Situation is grim on the route you mentioned above.
Old 9th January 2009, 15:58   #157
BHPian

Good to see that BPCL employees call off strike.....but wen will this normalize the situation ??
Old 9th January 2009, 15:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

Is the strike called off ? Nice, our cars were running dry. What is the cost to tax payers ? I am sure some really sweet deal was thrown in front of them to call off strike.
And again to clear backlog, they will work overtime and earn more money.

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
I have worked in an oil PSU as sales officer for one year before my aversion for bureaucracy got better of me. From what I know a job in oil PSU is comparable to creamiest jobs in govt services, in terms of comfort and perks. The salaries of oil PSU officers are better than those in civil services. The only down side is that if you try to be honest you may be shot down like Manjunath was.
This is OT, but this behavior itself is killing the tax payers. I dont know the extent to which the damage is done to India, but if this is the level of corruption, we are heading down and sinking. Some of my neighbours work for IOC and I know what they eventually bring home every month financially.
Real bad. I dont if we will even come up. Things are looking good on paper, but in realty things are going from bad to worse.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:01   #159
BHPian

Shell, Hosur Road, Bangalore

Finally able to get a Tank full from Shell, Hosur Road. The bunk did not have a very long queue, but they were out of stock of diesel.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:06   #160
BHPian

OT:

Do you guys know that diesel sold in India - 80% overall and 100% on highways - is adulterated with kerosene. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned "playing ball with dealers"..
Old 9th January 2009, 16:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

My party is spoiled. The dealer dint have enough fuel for the car to make it to the RTO (atleast this is what he says). So vehicle is not registered. And I have to wait till Monday for the delivery! :(
Old 9th January 2009, 16:21   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
OT:

Do you guys know that diesel sold in India - 80% overall and 100% on highways - is adulterated with kerosene. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned "playing ball with dealers"..
According to various surveys between 67% and 93% of 'fair price' kerosene ends up as adulterant in fuel. Also, a lot of TSR and Tempo's run on Kerosene (they call it Ghaslate).
Old 9th January 2009, 16:21   #163
Senior - BHPian

Had to wait for more than an hour and a half at the HP bunk on MG road (Brigade Road junction). Absolute madness, and a circus due to an unhappy congregation of bikers, cars, taxis, policemen, pedestrians with bottles, cameramen, newspaper reporters and what have you!!
Man, I have been in Bangalore for 8 years now and have not witnessed this kind of a spectacle. Petrol limited to 1000 bucks for cars.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:26   #164
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be improvement. Both the HP bunks on Mahadevpura & whitefield, near cosmos are opened and fueling now. Only thing is long queue controlled by traffic police
Old 9th January 2009, 16:27   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I guess the hapless employees need to take a long hard look around them & see what's happening across the world by way of recession, pay cuts & lay offs. And then wake up & smell the coffee & be thankful that they have stable jobs

Just my two cents, no offense to anyone.
Well Said Suman.. Appreciate your Words.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks