Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 16:32   #166
BHPian

The strike has been called off. Looks like the move to bring in the army has worked out. Lets see how long it takes for the dust to settle and things to go back to normal. Hopefully there wont be a relapse
Old 9th January 2009, 16:36   #167
BHPian

Tried going to Shell bunk near ISKON temple to fill up my bike, the waiting line looked like madness, had never seen such a situation to fill up, ever. Came back without waiting and in cruise mode, conserving every bit of little fuel left in the tank. Hope the situation gets better tomorrow and BP bunks open up. Never were Shell bunks so crowded of late, looks like they are making up all the losses in one shot now.

Last edited by grvanand : 9th January 2009 at 16:40.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Seems to be improvement. Both the HP bunks on Mahadevpura & whitefield, near cosmos are opened and fueling now. Only thing is long queue controlled by traffic police
OT:Good news for you...as you are planning to take off today to your native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
Tried going to Shell bunk near ISKON temple to fill up my bike, the waiting line looked like madness, had never seen such a situation to fill up, ever. Came back without waiting in cruise mode, conserving every bit of little fuel left in the tank. Hope the situation gets better tomorrow and BP bunks open up at least. Never were Shell bunks so crowded of late, looks like they are making up all the losses in one shot now.
Oil companies (BPCL and Oil India Ltd) have already called off strike. Hopefully the situation will improve soon.

The shell petrol bunk near my office is out of stock now. We had a long queue this afternoon.

Hoping IOC will also end the strike soon...

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2009 at 21:30. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTI-QUOTE to respond to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 9th January 2009, 17:04   #169
BHPian

At CBE, I had trouble finding petrol this morning. Even HP pumps were running dry in the morning. I finally found a petrol bunk which we always avoid (becaue it looks shady) that still had petrol - maybe that is why he still had petrol. Managed to get a measly 2 litres from him and decided it wasn't enough to drive to work and back (40+km) and decided to stay home for the day.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:13   #170
BHPian

The HP bunk in Hennur is open
Old 9th January 2009, 20:51   #171
BHPian

Few BPCL pump is open. Yday some of the pump was exploiting people. 70Rs/Lt in HSR Layout. Open Black...
Old 9th January 2009, 20:58   #172
BANNED

Kerala has announced rationing. It was in the morning; hope they will do away with it now that the strike is off.

Mathrubhumi
Old 9th January 2009, 21:01   #173
Senior - BHPian

The problem is that the truckers strike is still on. Even if the Oil companies strike is off how will the fuel reach the pumps?
Old 9th January 2009, 21:08   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The problem is that the truckers strike is still on. Even if the Oil companies strike is off how will the fuel reach the pumps?
All companies have a huge fleet of tankers. Not an issue.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

oh thanks Tejas. I wasnt sure if they were also on strike. Good to see that its not so.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:16   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
oh thanks Tejas. I wasnt sure if they were also on strike. Good to see that its not so.
I saw a BP tanker at napeansea road pump in south bombay half an hour ago... so i guess it will normalize by tomorrow night.

However, from now on i'm gonna top up my cars every weekend just like i read GTO does. Good idea mate.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:26   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Petrol was available today evening at :
* The BP outlet at BTM Layout signal,
* HP bunk on JP Nagar ring road.
* HP bunk near St John's
* BP bunk on Bannerghatta Rd - opp Cisco / IBM.

@Tejas, Indian Oil & IBP bunks are where we need to see supplies. Indian Oil's the biggest of the oil co's. And their bunks are all dry. BP bunks have been open - getting some supplies, and remaining open till they run dry.
Old 9th January 2009, 21:30   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

@Tejas, Indian Oil & IBP bunks are where we need to see supplies. Indian Oil's the biggest of the oil co's. And their bunks are all dry. BP bunks have been open - getting some supplies, and remaining open till they run dry.
Don't know about that. In south bombay area, there are only one or two IOC & IBP pumps. Rest all BP & HP. That's the reason for my post.

Anyways i hope it gets normal soon, i have three cars grounded with just enough fuel to make it to a pump!
Gonna keep all tanked up from now!
Old 9th January 2009, 21:35   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Very likely that we are both talking of our respective cities. Supplies also depend on proximity of refineries to the cities.

I myself have been very lucky in having tanked up the car on sunday before this started, and the truck being serviced leisurely over the last 3-4 days.
Old 9th January 2009, 22:04   #180
BHPian

Blessing in disguise for Shell

I think this strike came as a blessing in disguise for Shell. Many people did not know that Shell was selling normal petrol only about Re 1 more than other Govt. owned companies. I won't be surprised if a larger number of people stay with Shell as long as the price difference is maintained at current levels.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks