Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 11:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

So far no clue when the situation will improve ! I saw atleast 6 bikers pushing their vehicles to be parked somewhere safe and take public transport. Number of vehicles on road might decrease dramatically in this case. One thing I didnt understand though, how is Shell able to sell ? Do they have a different supply and system from the rest ? Sorry for my ignorance !
Old 9th January 2009, 11:38   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Slightly OT : This morning, and with supply uncertainty looming over our heads, I thought of changing my driving style & maximising FE in the Vtec. 10 minutes of driving.....NAAH! Back to high-revving, baby. I simply can't be bothered about fuel efficiency.
Somethings never change

@himanshu : You could call up the Mariott. I think they do have some kind of pick up service for their guests. They will definately have one in place at this time for sure if not otherwise.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:41   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Vinod, since you stay in Velachery your best bet is the one on Velachery Main Rd, at Palikaranai, before Balaji Dental College & Jerusalem Engg. College if you're travelling towards Medavakkam.

I'm kinda in the same boat, around 4 to 5 liters in each tank. While it could be stretched for a week tops, I'm planning to hit one of the Shell outlets very early tomorrow morning !

Hi, are shell bunks open 24 hrs? What is the cost of diesel there? is it the normal one or with additives?

tnx
Old 9th January 2009, 11:41   #109
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Veyron : Nope, this mornings drive to work was a breeze too.

@ Himanshu : Shouldn't be a problem at the airport. However, in case you are stuck, drop a line (PM sent). I'll have something arranged.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:59   #110
BHPian

Luckily tanked up my cars (Swift Vdi, i10 Kappa, and Santro Xing) day before yesterday itself. Will easily last a week, I guess.

But, the problem is power cuts. Today morning, there was no power at home.

And, even at my workplace, there is power shortage - the facility guys are saying that the backup can only last till today afternoon.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
Couldnt find an open pump last night, went to atleast 7 pumps all of them were closed. I live in delhi and theres no shell over here :(, dont know what to do. Does anyone know of any gas stations in delhi which still has fuel ?
  • HP COCO, opposite Hyatt (Ring Road).
  • HP on left side of expressway, apporaching Delhi from Gurgaon, after the Toll Plaza, before the Radisson flyover
  • HP on Mathura Road (proceeding towards Apollo), just after Ashram
  • HP in Chanakyapuri (next to CNG pump, near Jesus & Mary College).
All as of a couple of hours ago. But be prepared for a long wait & pray that they don't run dry by the time your turn comes......
Old 9th January 2009, 12:17   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi Vinod, since you stay in Velachery your best bet is the one on Velachery Main Rd, at Palikaranai, before Balaji Dental College & Jerusalem Engg. College if you're travelling towards Medavakkam.

I'm kinda in the same boat, around 4 to 5 liters in each tank. While it could be stretched for a week tops, I'm planning to hit one of the Shell outlets very early tomorrow morning !

srini, any idea what time the pumps open ?
Old 9th January 2009, 12:24   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Luckily, I fill my cars up every weekend, irrespective of how empty the tank is. Thus, I have 2 cars with a 3/4 tank of fuel in them and the other 2 with a 1/2 tank. That's good enough for two weeks of running at the least. ....
I thought you may have a Reva as backup . Unless you need the help of a diesel generator to charge it... :o
Old 9th January 2009, 12:31   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly OT : This morning, and with supply uncertainty looming over our heads, I thought of changing my driving style & maximising FE in the Vtec. 10 minutes of driving.....NAAH! Back to high-revving, baby. I simply can't be bothered about fuel efficiency.
Heh same here. Thought of saving fuel when I left home but completely empty roads meant I couldn't stop myself . Revved it all the way to redline
Old 9th January 2009, 12:38   #115
BHPian

Yesterday in Panvel area even HP decided to supply petrol only to one of our outlets on the Pune highway just after Kalamboli circle. On knowing availability there, I rushed there and got caught in an intertwined queue of petrol and deisel vehicles. Lots of trucks (though they are supposed to be on strike) manouvering into the crowd. For petrol found it very difficult in the midst of the militant auto drivers and motorcyclists. Finally by pure luck after an hour in the queue I got myself to top my Swift tank. Today situation is worser there. Seeing lots of people carrying gerricans to beat the queue and collect fuel !!

Heard domestic piped gas is going to be affected in Mumbai as MGL has issued an advt in TOI requesting people to look out for alternative.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:42   #116
Team-BHP Support

Tomorrow is a holiday... I doubt things will get better before monday.
Its not unnecessary panic. There is shortage of fuel, and its very real. Its not like somebody spread rumor of truck and oil companies strike, the strike is real.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:44   #117
BHPian

Service on Mumbai - Pune Highway ?

Do anybody have latest news about services on Mumbai Pune Highway ?

As these Pumps are Company operated, they might be on closed.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:48   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi, are shell bunks open 24 hrs? What is the cost of diesel there? is it the normal one or with additives?
tnx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
srini, any idea what time the pumps open ?
Hi guys, check this link out for details on where each Shell outlet is & its operating hours. Usually, they open at 6:00 AM or 7:00 AM & close at 11:00 PM. The last time Shell was in demand (a few months ago during the fuel shortage), queues were beginning to form an hour or so before opening time, mostly consisting of BPO cabs & tourist taxis !

Please be aware that the Shell outlet at Anna-Nagar-West-Extension (near Padi) could be unapproachable due to the grade-separator work that is going on. Unless you drive right up to it, you do not notice that it's been completely cut off by huge trenches ! This was the situation a few weeks ago though...
Old 9th January 2009, 13:34   #119
BHPian

long Qs in pune and nagpur. situation is getting worst. somehow i did not notice any information regarding fuel shortage and suddenly noticed long Qs on gas stations, wondering why?

My magnum is running out of fuel, looks like its time to burn some fats and walk straight to office (11kms) on monday if I dont get any fuel till then :(
Old 9th January 2009, 13:40   #120
BHPian

I think this is the right time to buy that bicycle I was planning to buy. Any idea if we can buy tandem bicycles in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks