Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 21:06   #31
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how many KMs a Swift D can run if the fuel guage is pointing at one notch above E mark? I plan to get up early and reach the bunk omorrow, but in case I dont get diesel, this would be very helpful information for me!!
Old 8th January 2009, 21:15   #32
Team-BHP Support

If your normal driving fetches you 18-20 kmpl, I think the diesel will last for at least 60-70 kms.

A proper tankfull lasts for more than 700 kms.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:28   #33
BHPian

Lucky for me, there was a IOC bunk open near my place (Jalahalli), so filled the tank with normal petrol.

And in the evening there was a heavy traffic jam near the HP bunk on new BEL road.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyKING View Post
70% of petrol pumps will run dry from tommorow. So guys tankup.

Cheers
MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
pumps in west delhi have also started shutting down.used some silly reason and got 20ltrs of diesel from one BP bunk (A-blk vikas puri).

That is unnecessary. If you gonna tank up like there is no more petrol anymore, then you are gonna create an unwanted big big demand. This will lead to lots of problem to everyone and of course rise in all commodities price.

Guys, buy sensibly
Old 8th January 2009, 21:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ritz830,

Your views are absolutely true. While everybody want to tank up, most will be left with dry tank. Black market takes over the reins and charge hefty premium.

Not in this time of recession.

Go easy on filling.

Dwarak
Old 8th January 2009, 21:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

just came back after a 50 min ordeal at HP bunk
Old 8th January 2009, 21:47   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

i have a 300KM+300KM trip to make on this Monday with family. i am hoping the situation improves by then. otherwise, i am in serious trouble!
Old 8th January 2009, 21:49   #38
BHPian

I Was driving from Santhome to Kottivakkam and all 8 bunks on the way are closed.

Lucky that I filled up my tank yesterday at Shell Velachery, after it was almost empty due to my visit to banglore and back.

Keeping my fingers crossed, about the duration of this non-sense.
Why cant the govt take strict action against these people who are holding the country for ransom..
Old 8th January 2009, 21:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys Any idea if the strike is continuing tommorow as well?
Old 8th January 2009, 22:03   #40
BHPian

does anyone know of any pertrol pumps in delhi which have stock available ? (cant beleive im asking this LOL)
Old 8th January 2009, 22:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Coimbatore has completely exhausted all its stock! The roads are finally empty! Had a blast riding around town today!! No more pesky TVS 50's!! Whopee!!!

Fortunately, I had topped up yesterday!!
Old 8th January 2009, 22:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

The situation is going worse than it was anticipated ! Lucky are those who have tanked up on time. Its something that happened out of the blue. Did anyone see it coming before lunchtime today ? I doubt. My carriers might run a maximum of 10 kms each, which means no more private vehicle until the issue is resolved. Any team-bhp petrol/diesel donation camps anywhere ??
Old 8th January 2009, 22:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Guys Any idea if the strike is continuing tommorow as well?
Just saw in the news. The stand off between the truck drivers and the govt still continues. It certainly is bad news for all. I do not know how all the people go on strike at same time - the truckers, the oil co officials etc. Delhi govt has evoked ESMA but still there is no improvement.

Last edited by snaronikar : 8th January 2009 at 22:25.
Old 8th January 2009, 22:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Coimbatore has completely exhausted all its stock! The roads are finally empty! Had a blast riding around town today!! No more pesky TVS 50's!! Whopee!!!

Fortunately, I had topped up yesterday!!
Dude, beware, those tvs 50s are going to hit you with a vengeance once all this strike stuff gets out of the way!
Most of the pumps in chennai were dry today. The 2 hp petrol pumps around my locality(royapettah) had a mile long queue, while the one at my office locality(adyar) had people lining up with cans like it was some thirupathi darshanam. Crazy I tell you.
Finally managed to fill up 500 bucks of diesel at IOC. I have been using only BP from the same station since i bought my car, and today i found that the fuel that guy filled did not reset my distance to empty meter to the same value that I always get if I fill up for 500 bucks from a near empty tank. The meter showed 170 after filling, while normally I get an initial reading of over 200. Fraud? or does IOC diesel suck big time? or am I making a deal out of nothing?
That guy also claimed that by tomorrow morning they'll have supply of both diesel and petrol. Dunno how true it is though. When I went they were fresh out of petrol and had only diesel.
Also, is there only one shell petrol pump in the whole of chennai? Google map shows it on velachery main road. Is there another one? How much does a litre of diesel cost at shell in chennai?

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 8th January 2009 at 22:27.
Old 8th January 2009, 22:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Guys who are rejoicing about full tanks , how long can you guys run ? ..3 days ? ... 4 days ? .. after that ?

Its a serious problem .Basic and emergency services will be hit badly . Hope everything is sorted out ASAP .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks