Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 23:52   #376
BHPian

Saw the review on NDTV. I loved the dash, this is definitely a small car on steroids!!

Guess this will be launched in few weeks.
Old 6th December 2009, 01:31   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If it launched first in the US and not launched in India for a year or two, then you will probably say that we are getting outdated technology. I guess some people can never be satisfied.
Looks like Mpower is in a bad mood today.

anu21v was just trying to put forward his inhibitions, no need to be pissed with him for that.

So coming back to our topic of discussion. The car does look good from the front, but I cant just digest the rear end and it definitely needs fatter rubber. The pricing is real good and will surely cause some headache for Maruti and Hyundai.
Old 6th December 2009, 09:22   #378
BHPian

I saw the review on the C and B show. He did say that the performance and the handling is up to the mark. No word about the FE. i don't like the way it looks from the profile(this is because the head lamps good a long way back on the bonnet).
Old 6th December 2009, 10:47   #379
Senior - BHPian

Saw the review on zee wheelocity. they say the car is going to launch on 04th Jan.

FE claims of 18 kmpl, but they found it doing well at 15kmpl. Engine not so silent

Last edited by tanwaramit : 6th December 2009 at 10:49.
Old 6th December 2009, 11:39   #380
BHPian

Saw on NDTV. Looks good and gave an inkling where the Ritz inspiration is from. Looks like small car segment is getting real hot.
Old 6th December 2009, 12:10   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Saw on NDTV. Looks good and gave an inkling where the Ritz inspiration is from. Looks like small car segment is getting real hot.

Just saw it here on road, the testing car. It seems to be same as what frankmehta has posted the pics of, so no pics posted.
it looks nice by design, clever package overall for small car, though rear seat space doesn't seem to be class leading, also the boot space is not impressive either, overall its exterior proportion is comparable to i10.
the futurustic meter console design is cool, and will be liked by many,
seems to be good product. and given the ongoing service package and dealer trend, BEAT ( only if the name can be corrected ) surely seems to taste success, which GM is desperatly looking for.
what say?
Old 6th December 2009, 13:13   #382
Senior - BHPian

to me the Beat looks a clone of Ritz underneath that GM Chevy badge!

Beat does gives a hint of Ritz and specially the rear!
Old 6th December 2009, 21:07   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Looks like Mpower is in a bad mood today.

anu21v was just trying to put forward his inhibitions, no need to be pissed with him for that.

So coming back to our topic of discussion. The car does look good from the front, but I cant just digest the rear end and it definitely needs fatter rubber. The pricing is real good and will surely cause some headache for Maruti and Hyundai.
Oh and i was thinking i was simply drawing everyone's attention towards the fact that India is getting the world cars before even US gets it. Just saw on net Cruze gets in US 3rd Q and Chevy Beat/Spark gets in US only in 2011. Thats like Getting a brand new world car one year in advance.

Indian Customer are sure going to have helluva time next year what with so many launch plans already announced by various brands.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:36   #384
Senior - BHPian

Saw the review today morning and I really liked the dash board. Absolutely funky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Oh and i was thinking i was simply drawing everyone's attention towards the fact that India is getting the world cars before even US gets it. Just saw on net Cruze gets in US 3rd Q and Chevy Beat/Spark gets in US only in 2011. Thats like Getting a brand new world car one year in advance.

Indian Customer are sure going to have helluva time next year what with so many launch plans already announced by various brands.
This is because India and China are the markets that are growing in double digits. Auto sales in UK/US/Europe without state aid are only decreasing rather than increasing.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:03   #385
BHPian

Watched the revies on zee business wheelocity. The interior looks very nice. They says the cabin is really spacious. But engine was really noisy even though its a 1.2 petrol and if I my guess is correct its having some close to 75 horses of power. I havn't gone through this topic from start , and sorry if some body already posted the correct specs and am wrong.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:30   #386
BHPian

Here is a review from Overdrive. The car looks cool.

Beat the heat - Chevrolet Beat Driven - Test Drives : Overdrive
Old 6th December 2009, 23:43   #387
BHPian

Don't know how many of you noticed this car in the movie Transformers: Revenge of the fallen
Old 7th December 2009, 04:35   #388
BHPian

Interesting car , looks set for good volumes . But can Chevy lure customers from the trusted Maruti and Hyundai stable ?
Old 7th December 2009, 07:50   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Don't know how many of you noticed this car in the movie Transformers: Revenge of the fallen
I saw that.
@KRf1
I think Hyundai customers will definitely try this car out. However Most of the Maruti customers are people who play it safe. Cracking that nut would be hard.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:13   #390
BHPian

I dont know if following information have been posted earlier or not.
Chevrolet Beat is part of Transformer 2(Revenge of the fallen) film. This car was seen alongside Bumblebee as The Twins(Mudflap and Skids).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks