Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 13:23   #346
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
The car definitely has presence. And that bright red colour looks smashing.
Yes, it surely stood out amongst the sea of hatchbacks.

Quote:
Quite contrary to GTO, I would not have been able to catch these guys.
I was driving my friends' 10 year old Maruti 800.

Quote:
Did you happen to see a broken-down Mahindra Getaway and a white Mahindra Scorpio on the expressway.
Hey, we saw a Getaway being attended to. Was too fast in the RHS lane to stop, but Rehaan commented that his left rear wheel had come off / been taken off. The last time, we came across an overturned Fortuner (too much power in the wrong hands), but again, were too quick to stop.
Old 24th November 2009, 14:34   #347
BHPian

exhaust_note: was there enough leg room space for rear passenger?I have feel that it's going to be similar to the A-star with very less space on rear.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:55   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
exhaust_note: was there enough leg room space for rear passenger?I have feel that it's going to be similar to the A-star with very less space on rear.
Leg room space for the rare passenger was just about comfortable. Nothing to write home about, ummm similar to WagonR/ Santro I would say. At first glance it looked like a i20/ Punto competition. But that is due to the presence. It's real competition is indeed against the A-Star/ i10 types. That said, A-Star a too cramped for comparing it for space IMO.

What I did notice was that the interiors of all variants were quite classy with nice nick-nacks thrown in. So in effect, if I were a buyer, I would place it somewhere between the A-Star/ i10 and Punto/i20. I guess it will all boil down to the price and ownership experience.

By the way, I totally dislike the rare light assembly and very much approve of the larger front Fog Lamps and the treatment given to the front turning indicators (the bulb is facing backwards into a chamber, which in turn lets out the diffused and uniform glow).
Old 24th November 2009, 16:54   #349
BHPian

Really neat car! Looks aggressive from the front. I didn't like the rear end though, seems a bit out of place.

As GTO said, a diesel would do wonders for Chevrolet.

What about the cost? Somewhere between the WagonR and the Punto would be great!
Old 24th November 2009, 16:59   #350
BHPian

The rear seat window is quite narrow IMO. The upward sweep of the belt-line and a door handle in place of a quarter glass eat up the glass area. Could be an issue.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:44   #351
BHPian

Spark got a 4 star rating in Euro NCAP.

The next generation Chebrolt Spark (which will be launched in India as the Chevrolet Beat in January next year) performed well in the Euro NCAP crash tests conducted recently. The Spark a five-star rating for child protection and a four-star rating overall. An overall score of 69 out of a maximum 100, meant the Spark did not come home with a 5 star rating, but still, it is a commendable score in this segment of vehicles.
In adult protection, the Spark recorded the maximum score of 8 points in the side impact crash test against a moving deformable barrier. A score of 7.35 points out of 8 in the side pole test, indicates solid passenger protection in the event of a more severe side collision.
In child protection, the Spark bagged maximum points in child restraint system dynamic performance tests, which evaluate child protection from possible injuries in various types of crashes. Crash test dummies representing 18-month old and 3-year-old children were properly contained in their restraints by the Spark’s protective shell during side impact tests.
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-chevroletsparkgetfourstarsateuroncap13746_1.jpg
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-chevroletsparkgetfourstarsateuroncapmedium_1.jpg
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-chevroletsparkgetfourstarsateuroncapmedium_2.jpg
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-chevroletsparkgetfourstarsateuroncapmedium_3.jpg
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-chevroletsparkgetfourstarsateuroncapmedium_5.jpg

source:Chevrolet Spark Gets Four Stars at Euro NCAP [video] - autoevolution
Old 27th November 2009, 16:10   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a blue colored Beat yesterday evening near the Ayyappa temple in srirampuram. The car looked similar to the A-star rather than the Ritz.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:02   #353
Senior - BHPian

I also spotted a Sky Bluer coloured Beat at Brooke fields yesterday morning 10:00 AM. I was wondering why there was no news about its launch. After searching the net and the GM site, came to know that it is not launched yet! The side profile looks similar to A Star.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:13   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk;16o08155
I also spotted a Sky Bluer coloured Beat at Brooke fields yesterday morning 10:00 AM. .
So did I..You beat me to it dude.. .
Anyways.This guy was coming up the marathahalli flyover at a good speed.I knew it had to be a Beat , but could'nt help feeling the similarity of the front profile was too similar to the i20/Ritz/splash from the probable 500 m distance he was tailing me in my rear view mirror. Got a good look when he stopped at the signal right next to me. It was a blue one all right , and I liked the car overall. The ritz and i10 have serious competition I must say. But that would depend upon the performance too. The rear profile was good to look at and the taillamps were also new and fresh. This car had a temp registration of MH-14. That would be Pimpri/Chinchwad in Pune! I thought GM had its plant in Halol. Wonder what's with that registration. But the labels were taped out as expected. I suppose it would have been someone from GM R&D as they have an office in Whitefield.
Anyways it was good to see in the flesh. Finally saw a test mule (all excited!). Pardon me if that sounds silly. Made my day !
Old 1st December 2009, 01:30   #355
BHPian

UK site shows two engine options, 1L (995CC) 68 PS and 1.2 (1206 cc) 81 PS. India may get the 1L due to the excise duty cut as the 1.2 is actually 1206 i.e >1200 CC
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:19   #356
BHPian

Autocar site has now pics/details about the Indian Chevy BEAT. Looks like they were pretty eager to post it before anyone else does ( looking at quality of pics )
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:47   #357
BHPian

According to that pic the Spark will get a 1199 CC 80.5 PS engine!! Should be great to drive!
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:58   #358
BHPian

Review from ACI is here
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:20   #359
Senior - BHPian

3.75 Lakhs for the base model. I am assuming that the top of the line would go for 5.15 ex showroom. Stonker of a price! They surely have a winner this time.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:34   #360
Senior - BHPian

Yup the price is really mouthwatering! Hope they got aircon and PS in the base version.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks