Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:55   #361
Senior - BHPian

I am sure at this price, they would have it. Although some how I am not convinced with the interior picture.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:10   #362
Senior - BHPian

wow - that is a mothwatering price. Now only if they market it well...
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:26   #363
BHPian

Saw news article on Bloombergutv - Chevrolet unveiled its new small car the Beat
Indian Stock Market News, Latest Industry News, India Business News, Mutual Fund India, Personal Finance, Expert Views
I am impressed with interior but from behind it is looking similar to Ritz..
Sorry posted it again as my Internet connection broke in between and later i saw both the posst on forum.
Mod - Do we have option to delete the post? Trying to fig out but could not

Last edited by raaga : 3rd December 2009 at 19:29.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:15   #364
BHPian

This car should attract some of those buyers who go for the Ritz. i10 shouldn't have too much of an issue. What remains to be seen is the engine and the performance. That should be a major deciding factor considering that Ritz probably has one of the best.

Last edited by twinblades : 3rd December 2009 at 21:19. Reason: The 1st post wasn't great
Old 4th December 2009, 10:56   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
What remains to be seen is the engine and the performance. That should be a major deciding factor considering that Ritz probably has one of the best.
Yup! This is where the Ritz beats the others hands down. Going by the intial review in ACI, I don't think the engine can hold a handle to the Ritz. The front end looks good. The side profile is very similar to the Ritz. The rear though not that great is still better looking than the Ritz. As far as refinement and FE goes, this baby ain't going to come anywhere near the K series gem on the Ritz.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:01   #366
Senior - BHPian

3.75 surely is an attractive pricing, what seems is what they offer for base model.With chevy's maintainence package this car would surely see some good customers going for this.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:06   #367
Senior - BHPian

The base version will have aircon and power steering as standard equipment. There will be two more higher spec versions LS and LT positioned above the base version. It will retail at around 3.75L ex showroom. It is expected to be launched either at or before the Auto Expo in Jan 2010.
Old 5th December 2009, 08:29   #368
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Beat in Navi Mumbai a couple of weeks ago. Took photos on a friend's phone and forgot about them. Here's a few photos. Looks production-ready and it should be launched here in Jan-Feb 2010, considering their brazen flaunting of these cars without any masking now
Attached Thumbnails
New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-1911200900101.jpg  

New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-19112009002.jpg  

New GM Chevrolet Beat- Scoop pics on Pg 6, 12,18 & 22 - Details on Pg 16-19112009003.jpg  

Old 5th December 2009, 10:14   #369
Senior - BHPian

Whoa that front bumper is really huge. Looks like they have attached some sort of unit to the engine for taking readings.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:16   #370
Senior - BHPian

thats one masculine front looks and huge too.This was something we were expecting to see from new chevy Uva as well, but they didnt offered here.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:45   #371
BHPian

I don't think it is that simple for this car to be a big success, the way Chevrolet would be hoping. At 3.75 lakhs base version price, its success would depend upon the features list in this variant and specs and price tag of upper variants.

It should at least offer front power windows in the base version if not the rear ones as well. i10 Era is priced at 3.65 lakhs, has front power windows, lots of discounts, great interior quality and above all a Hyundai badge. Wouldn't matter to much people if it is 1.1 as compared to beat 1.2. If not spec'ed correctly, it would also go spark way with huge discounts after the initial euphoria is over.

On the other hand, this car's exterior looks to me very much like an i10 shape wise though front grill and rear lights make a big difference. The side profile look ditto to i10 except the rear lights.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:54   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
This car had a temp registration of MH-14. That would be Pimpri/Chinchwad in Pune! I thought GM had its plant in Halol. Wonder what's with that registration.
The Beat is manufactured at the Chakan plant alongwith the Spark. The Halol plant caters to the Tavera, Cruze, Optra and Aveo versions.

And I saw a bright blue Beat in Navi Mumbai with white number plates - and asked a Chevy dealer sitting next to me how was that possible and he was as shocked as me to see a registered Beat - We then came to the conclusion that the number plate must be a jhol !

The car looks mean and macho from the front - the rear window looks small but the space in the rear looks adequate as I saw 2 people sitting comfortably in that car.

Interiors have a fresh feel too. Hoping this car does well.
Old 5th December 2009, 16:20   #373
Senior - BHPian

Some videos I found:

cheers
Old 5th December 2009, 19:50   #374
BHPian

What he forgot to mention is that India Seems to be getting all the new Chevy 300S before they are getting in US. Is it by design or we being made guinea-pigs for testing these cars first?

Anyways happier to see that happening. I am awaiting for the Team-BHP review before thinking too much about this car. 2010 sure is a good year to buy a new design car.

Last edited by ported_head : 5th December 2009 at 23:40. Reason: Post edited to accomodate deletion of quoted post. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:16   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
What he forgot to mention is that India Seems to be getting all the new Chevy 300S before they are getting in US. Is it by design or we being made guinea-pigs for testing these cars first? .
If it launched first in the US and not launched in India for a year or two, then you will probably say that we are getting outdated technology. I guess some people can never be satisfied.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed