Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 21:16   #31
BHPian

The Thai camry looks very beautiful..I wonder why they didn't launch this in USA.
Old 12th January 2009, 23:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Forget this facelift. They need the Thai/Malaysia Camry here. It's called the Aurion in Australia and have a look at this baby's looks:

Attachment 88157

Attachment 88158
Well, the Camry looks fantastic in this guise. I wonder Toyota would be sensible ever to launch this here. Going by their half hearted attitude on the Innova face-lift and the sloppy styling of the Altis, I doubt whether ANY face-lift would be there for the Camry at all.

I owned a face-lifted last gen Camry, and it was good, albeit priced high. Bought it second hand, with hardly 7,000 on the odometer from a friend who went abroad. Sold it when the present gen was launched. Trouble free and comfortable for the 4,000 or so km I clocked on it.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I owned a face-lifted last gen Camry, and it was good, albeit priced high. Bought it second hand, with hardly 7,000 on the odometer from a friend who went abroad. Sold it when the present gen was launched. Trouble free and comfortable for the 4,000 or so km I clocked on it.
I read somewhere that the rear seat in the older model of the Camry had better comfort. Is that true? You own both versions, so you are the best person to answer this query.
BTW, was someone saying there aren't enough Camry's around? I have a person staying below my flat who owns 17 Camrys, of which 2 are parked in my complex. He owns a medical college in Vizag District. Real die-hard Camry fan, eh?
Old 13th January 2009, 17:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I read somewhere that the rear seat in the older model of the Camry had better comfort. Is that true? You own both versions, so you are the best person to answer this query.
Sorry sir, but I sold my first generation Camry when the Second generation car was launched. I did not buy a II- generation Camry. But I have traveled in my friend's new Camry from Cochin to places like Bangalore and Chennai, and yes, it is marginally less comfortable in the back seat than the older version. IMHO, the earlier generation Camry is way better than its successor.
Old 14th January 2009, 17:27   #35
BHPian

Wow... The thai version of camry is classy... Eventhough the design of camry we have here is a state of art one, we get easily fed up with its plasticky radiator grills and it looks like the whole car has the same color.

Hope the next version of camry they bring to india is this chrome grilled beauty
Old 14th January 2009, 18:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Indians in India seem to be mesmerised by the 'H' badge for some strange reason, regardless of the car that wears it. Indians outside prefer the (right) T when it comes to reliable comfort.
Couldn't agree with you any more.
Old 29th January 2009, 09:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Camry may drive out of India

Toyota plans to start manufacturing of Camry in India, will help reduce price tag.

Toyota Camry may drive out of India- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Mods: Please move this post in relevant thread (if it exists).
Old 29th January 2009, 10:07   #38
BHPian

If they make it in india , then the price should dropped and then it should come near accord range This will be definitely good for new indian customers but question is, what will happen to old customers who have already paid lot of price for the CBU?

What will happen to their status / Ego as the car price will be dropped by drastic amount?
Old 29th January 2009, 13:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yes there will be a price saving of 3.5 to 4 lakhs. So the New Camry 2.4 (Made in India) will be priced below 2.4 Accord. Terrible Value... I think Toyota is going to storm in. Pumping Rs 3,200 crore in India is not for child play.
Old 29th January 2009, 15:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Yes there will be a price saving of 3.5 to 4 lakhs. So the New Camry 2.4 (Made in India) will be priced below 2.4 Accord. Terrible Value... I think Toyota is going to storm in. Pumping Rs 3,200 crore in India is not for child play.
i guess you mean great value...
Old 29th January 2009, 17:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
If they make it in india , then the price should dropped and then it should come near accord range This will be definitely good for new indian customers but question is, what will happen to old customers who have already paid lot of price for the CBU?

What will happen to their status / Ego as the car price will be dropped by drastic amount?
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Knowing Toyota now, they might be talking about 2011 or 2012, about next generation Camry. With next generation they can upgrade the car to new standards and keep the present price tag. That way they keep both new and old customers happy.
Old 29th January 2009, 18:00   #42
BHPian

When did this facelift launched? i have just heard about the facelifted version of the Toyota Innova that has just launched yesterday.
Old 29th January 2009, 19:05   #43
BANNED

I assume that Toyota is going to make one model of Camry locally. Most probably the 2.5 ltr version. There may be an auto box too and some variants to cater different customers.

But if priced in the bracket of Accord will definitely make this car sell in good numbers. And if it is priced below Accord (which I hope and expect to be), then it will become the class topper for sure!

My last TD of the current Indian Camry gave me mixed feelings and reactions. While I am a shameless fan of this brand, I was also a bit unhappy with it's outright performance, driveability and limited choice of models/variants. But absolutely practical, class leading service and maintenance backup, nicely thought out features and luxury makes this the best D segment car.

Keep it up Toyota! It's time to wake up.
Old 29th January 2009, 19:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

All this investment to produce dreadfully boring cars for wealthy folks?. Where are the Scions, the Vitz/Belta range and other exciting and affordable products from Toyota?. Everywhere else but here. This is India, where gimmickry and false prestige is more important than style , affordability and performance in cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks