Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
May be the NHAI should follow this thread and get updates.
A relative of mine works for R and B(roads and buildings) department in the state government. He was instrumental in getting some good roads in the villages he was posted. Also I got to know through him that there were many roads he was aware of which required immediate attention but he could not anything about them. I think the NHAI officials are aware of these roads but we dont know what kind of conditions/situations they are in.

raj.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:49   #62
BHPian

NH60 stretch between Balasore and Bhadrak has been slightly repaired.
Atleast now there are no crators, but lots work on Diversions is not done yet
Old 27th January 2009, 12:14   #63
BHPian

There was this stretch on NH-7 near Maihar in MP (Oct 2007). Approximately 15 kms of crater-laden National Highway and I had to drive in the 1st and 2nd gears throughtout. Took me close to 75 minutes to cross this stretch.

Perhaps its already mended, but this has to be worst road I ever traveled.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Gutty – Belary:Though I havent done this route, but recently few guys from hyderabad xbhp encountered this route, they had a horrifying experience on this route. Anyone here did this route in the recent times???

On the contrary they described Bellary – Challakere as bikers paradise!!!

Bumping an old thread.

Oh man I did that stretch once in 2006 on an Octavia. It was a nightmare. When we finally reached Bellary, we had 2 flats. The reason being told was the soil over there and the initial road design was not suited for high tonnage the ironore trucks were carrying. Not sure how much of it is true but I guess it will take a lot of time to improve.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:19   #65
BHPian

One of the worst roads has to be a stretch between Nawada and Gaya. It was NH82 as far as I can remember. I'm not sure of its current state but few years back when we went from calcutta to patna we had to cross this highway (if its at all one remotely) it was the worst road I've ever ventured on.
During that time there was some riots going on in Nawada, so we had to take a detour on this highway. We were in our then new Matiz and it was supposed to be her first long highway trip. I clearly remember that for a stretch of around 30-35 kms the car never got to see even the 2nd gear. It was so terrible that we couldn't even recognize that its actually a road.
Later on when we reached Patna my uncle told us that the state govt. had received huge funds from central to upgrade this road few years back and the contract was suppose to go to some japanese firm.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:21   #66
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2010 at 13:21.
holysmoke is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th May 2010, 16:36   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
One of the worst roads has to be a stretch between Nawada and Gaya. It was NH82 as far as I can remember. I'm not sure of its current state but few years back when we went from calcutta to patna we had to cross this highway (if its at all one remotely) it was the worst road I've ever ventured on.
During that time there was some riots going on in Nawada, so we had to take a detour on this highway. We were in our then new Matiz and it was supposed to be her first long highway trip. I clearly remember that for a stretch of around 30-35 kms the car never got to see even the 2nd gear. It was so terrible that we couldn't even recognize that its actually a road.
Later on when we reached Patna my uncle told us that the state govt. had received huge funds from central to upgrade this road few years back and the contract was suppose to go to some japanese firm.
Not anymore, since the last funding by Japanese govt, the road is fantastic. All because of Bodh Gaya the roads around the area are well maintained. My cousin hails from Nawada and the nearest station on Grand Chord being Gaya, the drive is absolutely fantastic, well paved and smooth roads all the way. My last road trip in 2007 on the Nawada-Nalanda-Rajgir-Koderma circuit was excellent. But sadly the road manners are pathetic, witnessed atleast 3 accident on the whole stretch, cars turning turtle while high speed overtaking.

The worst road I have encountered was NH-80 from Kahalgaon to Mokama, around 160 odd kms, the roads were full or craters or either no roads because of being washed away by floods in river Ganga. earlier the time taken for traveling used to be 6 hrs later it became worse 12 hrs. The last time I did the trip it took me full two days to reach Patna(200 odd kms), night stay at a relatives place on the way.

The complete journey used to be in 1st or 2nd gear with speeds hovering around 10-15 km/hr.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

this one thread where KA will over shadow all others .
the city roads are in absolutely pathetic state , Imagine the state of rural roads.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:50   #69
BHPian

In Kerala

U will lose hours on the highway
There is practically no road from Kuttipuram to Edappal/ Changaramkulam !!
Old 5th May 2010, 16:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Worst road around NCR has to be the 'Dadri road' connecting NH91 to greater noida!!

I still shudder when I remember driving there!(had a M800 then fortunately)
It was literally hell there!!

I never actually saw the road where I was going!! totally filled with water no lanes etc.

I'll never ever go through there again!!
Old 5th May 2010, 18:57   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Not anymore, since the last funding by Japanese govt, the road is fantastic. All because of Bodh Gaya the roads around the area are well maintained. My cousin hails from Nawada and the nearest station on Grand Chord being Gaya, the drive is absolutely fantastic, well paved and smooth roads all the way. My last road trip in 2007 on the Nawada-Nalanda-Rajgir-Koderma circuit was excellent. But sadly the road manners are pathetic, witnessed atleast 3 accident on the whole stretch, cars turning turtle while high speed overtaking.

The worst road I have encountered was NH-80 from Kahalgaon to Mokama, around 160 odd kms, the roads were full or craters or either no roads because of being washed away by floods in river Ganga. earlier the time taken for traveling used to be 6 hrs later it became worse 12 hrs. The last time I did the trip it took me full two days to reach Patna(200 odd kms), night stay at a relatives place on the way.

The complete journey used to be in 1st or 2nd gear with speeds hovering around 10-15 km/hr.
Thats wonderful! I really feel like revisiting that road and cruising this time. O.T This shows even the roads are improving in Bihar with time. Truly a real success story.
Old 6th May 2010, 04:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Worst road around NCR has to be the 'Dadri road' connecting NH91 to greater noida!!

I still shudder when I remember driving there!(had a M800 then fortunately)
It was literally hell there!!

I never actually saw the road where I was going!! totally filled with water no lanes etc.

I'll never ever go through there again!!
Sohail, you did the mistake of driving through that road. Really the worst road in NCR, although some roads in Gurgaon will beat the famous Dadri road, I had to travel at times through Dadri road it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Thats wonderful! I really feel like revisiting that road and cruising this time. O.T This shows even the roads are improving in Bihar with time. Truly a real success story.
My cousin proudly boasted that he touched 100 on that road and my eyes popped out of shock. Even from what I have heard NH 80 which I mentioned earlier is well paved now. There has been massive investments on roads in Bihar ever since new government took over.
Old 6th May 2010, 06:14   #73
BHPian

National Highway No. 44 in the districts of Cachar and Karimganj, Assam. It is roughly 50 kilometers of the same condition as you see in the pic below (date taken 17/4/10)

India's Worst Road-p1040924.jpg
Old 6th May 2010, 07:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

In Kerala. the Ernakulam/Cochin to Kottayam road the Vaikom - Thalayolaparambu strech is indeed horrible. Indiscriminately dug on both sides for water pipe laying, the roads are a nightmare with the heavy tipper and private bus traffic. Many cars have come a cropper here. Last week a friend had to shell out Rs 25000 as the zen hit the underbody damaging the engine crank case and getting seized as the oil got drained off.

I would post pictures of this stretch soon.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th May 2010 at 07:02. Reason: spelling
Old 6th May 2010, 08:50   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad roads? - Welcome to Cochin. I want to post the pics but then it would take ages for me to upload the pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks