Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What petrol C segment sedan would you buy?
Honda City 1.5 iVtec 113 55.39%
Fiat Linea 1.4 Fire 91 44.61%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 13:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
For the nth time, I dont think majority of Linea sales wont come from Linea Emotion Pack, therefore those who dont buy the pack wont get the safety features. However 100% of Honda City owners will get access to all the safety features.
That is completely immaterial from car point of view. If someone chooses not to go for these features to save money, you can't blame it on car.

At a given price point, if both cars are offering same safety features, then they ought to be rated the same. At different price points, you are comparing apples to oranges.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, but the logic looks flawed, if not biased.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the nth time, I dont think majority of Linea sales wont come from Linea Emotion Pack, therefore those who dont buy the pack wont get the safety features. However 100% of Honda City owners will get access to all the safety features.
and for the nth time - let me tell you your logic is totally flawed.
You should compare models across the same price range (and not based on your perceptions on who buys what) and both offers the same features there.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:03   #63
BANNED

Actually there is no reason to speculate. We have historical information. Only if Maruti discloses sales of SX4 VXi (without ABS/Airbags) vis a vis SX4 ZXi (with ABC/Airbags). I have reasons to believe that VXi sales are far greater than ZXi sales.

TBHPians go gaga over mention of ABS/Airbags. But how many actually buy variants with ABS/Airbags? Good that certain manufacturers have 'no options' when it comes to security . So its for those who have options on security.
Quote:
I dont think majority of Linea sales wont come from Linea Emotion Pack, therefore those who dont buy the pack wont get the safety features.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

TBHPians go gaga over mention of ABS/Airbags. But how many actually buy variants with ABS/Airbags? Good that certain manufacturers have 'no options' when it comes to security . So its for those who have options on security.
@Diabloo
Isn't it only in the current generation they have made safety as standard? In the previous version, the safety options came much later. Also, you never know, they may introduce an entry level version of ANHC without ABS/Airbag in future
Old 20th January 2009, 14:22   #65
BANNED

Previous version was introduced in 2003 . Why compare 2003 car with 2007/2008/2009 cars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In the previous version, the safety options came much later.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:46   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
@Diabloo
Isn't it only in the current generation they have made safety as standard? In the previous version, the safety options came much later. Also, you never know, they may introduce an entry level version of ANHC without ABS/Airbag in future
There is an interesting point. Honda might come with a cheaper version of City. May be they will shed ABS/Airbags to lower the price range. But if we see pricewise, Linea wins handsomely.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you on this. But, a comparison can't be definitive unless you include the price too. On this front, the ANHC may score 2 vs a 4.5 for Linea.

Regards,
Mohan.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:21   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo
Only if Maruti discloses sales of SX4 VXi (without ABS/Airbags) vis a vis SX4 ZXi (with ABC/Airbags). I have reasons to believe that VXi sales are far greater than ZXi sales.
Even without any sales figures I can bet that the Zxi sales would be miniscule compared to the Vxi figures.

Quote:
Good that certain manufacturers have 'no options' when it comes to security .
Ha ha. Till few months ago (late 2008), we had the same 'certain manufacturer' who did not have ABS or airbags on their C-seg sedans costing 8-9lakhs, while others had it even in their 5lakh hatches. Now that the 'certain manufacturer' has finally woken up (and so late at that), it is being trumpeted as if it is a big deal on safety front.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

I think calling Linea extremely underpowered is taking things too far. I have driven one and while it may not be fast, it certainly isnt underpowered.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:26   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Even without any sales figures I can bet that the Zxi sales would be miniscule compared to the Vxi figures.
I think all of us will be surprised. I believe Zxi will be quite comparable to Vxi in the case of SX4.

Can we actually get some data on this ?
Old 20th January 2009, 15:31   #71
BANNED

I have nothing more to add.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Previous version was introduced in 2003 . Why compare 2003 car with 2007/2008/2009 cars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Till few months ago (late 2008), we had the same 'certain manufacturer' who did not have ABS or airbags on their C-seg sedans costing 8-9lakhs, while others had it even in their 5lakh hatches.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
I believe Zxi will be quite comparable to Vxi in the case of SX4. Can we actually get some data on this ?
For the SX4 you are right. Infact for the SX4, I believe the top-end Zxi outsells the VXi. But that is not the case with the Swift. Just a casual look at the Swifts on the road will make this amply clear.

Quote:
Might have been introduced in 2003, but was selling as recently as Dec-2008 - maybe some stocks are even being sold now. They did do a makeover with the City ZX, but still did not think it important to add safety features at that time. My point was just that there is nothing to gloat in about the ANHC having ABS or airbags in this day & age.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

May be an opinion poll would resolve this debate once and for all?
Old 20th January 2009, 16:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Linea may look underpowered going by its spec sheet, but is it underpowered going by what the City (not the new Honda City) EXI and GXI have to offer?. People go to Chandigarh and from North to South India in a 800 and Omni.

Second: no manufacturer as a matter of course and as a regular update, provides variant wise sales. That includes Maruti, Toyota, GM, others, and of course Honda.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:21   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
May be an opinion poll would resolve this debate once and for all?
Poll regarding what ?

I see more SX4 ZXi when compared to the VXi. But of course it isnt the same case with the Swift (I love this exclusivity ). The problem in the Swift is that the ZXi has way too many extra features when compared with the VXi (Non-ABS). So the difference of around 1L is too much in a hatch segment. But to me the ZXi is extremely VFM when compared to the VXi.. for that's for some other thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks