Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2005, 19:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
TATA can be benifited by this
If they sell FIAT cars with TATA-FIAT badge with TATA's customer support there will be nothing like it! (seems highly unlikely though)

as for Indica & Palio,
TATA should discontinue Indica Petrol & replace it by FIAT Palio Petrol & disconnect Palio diesel
just my thought
What you say makes sense. They can use the learnings from the Palio and Petra Diesels to make the Indigo Diesel better. Makes sense indeed. And preserve the parts and hence earn the gratitude of those who own Petras and Palios. Good good.
Old 22nd April 2005, 21:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

That would be really dumb. What about the R&D costs put into the Indica. Also I tihnk the Indica sels more than the Palio.

Last edited by khanak : 22nd April 2005 at 21:19.
Old 22nd April 2005, 23:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

question is which indica sells more? ans: its diesel one!
petrol indica sales are low, while Palio would be good car to replace Indica petrol.
they can market Indica for entry level\frist car buyers\economical car while palio would go for luxury small car\performance small car segment.
Old 23rd April 2005, 03:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

For that theyd have to price the Palio a good 1.5 lakhs above the Indica in which case it would create problems for the Indigo.....Plus making the Indica an ultra budget car wont make sence cos Tata is currently developing one such car which is supposed to retail at a lakh. That is supposed to Ratan Tata's dream

Last edited by khanak : 23rd April 2005 at 03:29.
Old 23rd April 2005, 12:16   #20
BHPian

As far as Fiat is concerned, i don't think anything can be true till it happens, for the moment though nothing seems to be happening.

BTW, the tieup could be for the truck manufacturing div , IVECO, though i think they have something going with the huindujas in that front.
Old 25th April 2005, 13:30   #21
BHPian

umm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
All talk and no show, that's the way Fiat goes.
it is the other way round, Pal.
I drive a palio and it just sails
Old 25th April 2005, 14:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
it is the other way round, Pal.
I drive a palio and it just sails
I was not talking about Fiat cars (Do you think I'll say that, when I own a Petra?). It was for Fiat India management + marketing.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Again, the thread is turning into "my fiat can do this/that and its much better than the competition". Like Rx135 said, so much is being talked about but no concrete evidence of anything happening. So why are we speculating so much?

Mods: Haven't we reached a point where threads such as this should be considered spam?
Old 25th April 2005, 15:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Note from the Admin : Post Deleted. Watch your tone. Theres no need for personal attacks when a sensible issue is being discussed.
Deeps, do you agree with Admins that it is a sensible issue being discussed? Even though I am a Fiat fan and very keen to know related developments, I'll say that these news are taking us nowhere. First with Ashok Leyland, then ICICI + Hinduja, now Tata. May be we should have only one "Fiat India Updates" thread and keep on updating it with such news items, than spawning a new thread for each news item.
Old 25th April 2005, 20:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes its a sensible enough topic. But there are countless other Fiat threads where this discussion has already or can take place. What i find unnecessary is opening up a new thread everytime we want to speculate something abt Fiat.
Old 25th April 2005, 22:02   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Deeps, do you agree with Admins that it is a sensible issue being discussed? Even though I am a Fiat fan and very keen to know related developments, I'll say that these news are taking us nowhere. First with Ashok Leyland, then ICICI + Hinduja, now Tata.
The Economic Times finds the Ashok Leyland / ICICI tieup "sensible" enough to publish a story on it. So does an Italian news service (of decent repute) on the Fiat - Tata partnership.

I dont know about you, but there are some 30,000 monthly buyers who find speculation about Fiats future sense enough to stay away from their cars. I, for one, am highly interested in reading about developments on Fiat Indias pitiful fate.

If you have a problem with Fiats threads on these lines...I suggest staying away from them instead of bringing in ridicule.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks