Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which C/C+ diesel sedan is best overall package?
Logan 2 1.28%
Fiesta 6 3.85%
Verna 20 12.82%
Linea 71 45.51%
Optra Magnum 31 19.87%
Dzire 15 9.62%
Indigo 5 3.21%
Octavia 5 3.21%
Ikon 1 0.64%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 08:55   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Linea as its a VFM car and also the A.S.S at Bangalore isn't that bad either.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Woohooo! Linea ruling the voting! "What an Idea Fiat"!!!! Today's Times of India states that Linea has had a strong start in the market.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Linea as the best overall package. Car redefines categories and offers a brilliant VFM package.

Would vote for Magnum as the best drivers car of the lot (if there were two options).

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Today's Times of India states that Linea has had a strong start in the market.
I wont be surprised. Look at the bookings we had from TBHP itself. It would be interesting to see the sales chart in the next few months.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th January 2009 at 10:03.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Why I voted for the DZIRE

• The LOGAN is almost history. The joint venture is in tatters alongwith its future. Its not selling well and is being palmed off at hefty discoults to the taxi market, its frugal engineering with a very high price tag and not value for money at all
  • The FIESTA is coming from a sick company. FORD is tottering in the US, its seeing its worst days, and the spares are so costly, makes the whole experience of owning a FORD a unpleasant one
  • The VERNA you only go Korean when you can't afford Japanese.
  • The LINEA has to prove itself. Cannot be proclaimed a winner without passing through the test. Times of India gave Gajhini a bad rating and the film went on to become the biggest grosser in history
  • The OPTRA is nothing but a rebadged DAEWOO NUBIRA which is nothing but a evolved CIELO which was nothing but the OPEL KADET, and it goes on and on
  • The INDIGO is something you buy if you are on a shoe-string budget and cannot make your own decision and follow your Uncle. Its a guinea pig and TATA are getting an education manufacturing it everyday
  • The OCTAVIA was a brilliant car, but not current. Hema Malini still looks a million dollars, but can't replace even a Bipasha today
  • The IKON had its day in the sun, its going off into the sunset and is almost like a classic car that can be bought new
Coming to the DZIRE
  1. Its a MARUTI SUZUKI, which holds 50% of the Indian market, for decades and is still going very strong
  2. It has a world class award winning engine
  3. Its ironed out the SWIFTs shortcomings, more comfortable back seat and big boot
  4. Its priced the least among all rivals
  5. Its the only car in the country to have a waiting list still and that's since inception
  6. Looking at it head on, it looks just like a SWIFT
  7. Park it next to the company Vice-President's BMW bustle back and they would look like Brothers
Can go on and on
Old 20th January 2009, 09:50   #35
Team-BHP Support

TheARUN one question from your above reasoning. how many of the above cars have you driven. More importantly have you driven the Optra and Verna?
Old 20th January 2009, 10:09   #36
BHPian

Voted for Linea. Not because of the VFM and blah blah blah. Just because of the way people were looking at it on Saturday while someone was TDing it. I was also drooling over, honestly.

Truly said... "Admiration Guaranteed"!
Old 20th January 2009, 10:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

@TheARUN - surprised at your reasoning. Optra & Verna are trashed based on their genes and you question the decision making power of people buying the Indigo. Have you considered that an Indigo buyer knows all the +ves and -ves and still takes an informed decision?

And as for Dezire looking like BMW...

Last edited by SkyWalker : 20th January 2009 at 10:18.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The VERNA you only go Korean when you can't afford Japanese.
But in India, one goes for Japanese when he cant afford Korean.

Quote:
The OPTRA is nothing but a rebadged DAEWOO NUBIRA which is nothing but a evolved CIELO which was nothing but the OPEL KADET, and it goes on and on.
Alright! But I 'd say, it is the finest car from C+ segment.

Quote:
It has a world class award winning engine
from FIAT. Right?

Quote:
Park it next to the company Vice-President's BMW bustle back and they would look like Brothers
You must be kidding.

I have nothing against Swift/Dezire. Both are nice cars. Peace! cheers:
Old 20th January 2009, 10:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN
Its ironed out the SWIFTs shortcomings, more comfortable back seat and big boot
Agree about the boot, even if we ignore the part where it screws up the looks bigtime, but a comfy back seat ? Is there any difference between the rear seat of a Swift and Dzire ? I thought they were the same. Or did MSIL make changes to the Dzire's rear seat ?

Quote:
Its the only car in the country to have a waiting list still and that's since inception.
While a waiting list does indicate that there is huge demand, I would just think of it as a failing on the part of the manufacturer to capitalise on the demand and make hay while the sun shines.

Quote:
Park it next to the company Vice-President's BMW bustle back and they would look like Brothers
Come on. I am sure you were kidding there.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:27   #40
BHPian

Voted for linea. Reasons:
1. Brilliant road presence.
2. Well built quality
3. Excellent features and gadgets to play with(blue & me)
4. Good looking. Looks like a proper sedan
5. Refined engine with linear power delivery. Loves being revved
6. Decent handler and feels planted on road as i've learnt from this forum
7. Decent pricing if not spectacular.
8. Spacious and comfortable seats as well.
the only minus could be A.S.S. I just hope they improve upon it. Brilliant car which deserves a 1.6 engine.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:27   #41
BHPian

For me its Dzire. IMO its best suited for the city not too big not too small. It has options for Airbags/ABS/Sterring mounted Audio controls/Climate control. The engine is just perfect, powerful enough for the office going enthusiast and super milage. People driving by them selves don't really care for the rear leg room. Only if it looked better from the rear.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:29   #42
BANNED

Voted for Linea but still not sure about the long term reliability and A.S.S.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:38   #43
BHPian

Hi TheArun. You have more or less hit the nail square on the head My vote would have been for the Fiat Linea as i have always been a fiat fan right from the ownership of the UNO petrol and PALIO petrol 1.2 ELX. Its been seven long years with the palio and it is still my favourite car. The package of the Linea is really good but i did take a test drive of the diesel sedan last sunday and was quite disappointed with the amount of noise that the engine was making on accleration albeit that she is still new. The noise or grunt if one may term it is quite rough when compared to my Swift Dzire VDI which was silky smooth even when she was new and still is having just clocked about 3800 kms. And its getting better day by day. Its just my personal opinion of the Linea diesel. Maybe the roughness of the Linea diesel will settle over time. Still considering the Linea petrol as i already have the Dzire diesel though am really skeptical of the service levels of the Tata dealerships. A reason why i never went for the Palio Stile Multijet SDX after driving it. Oh how i wish Fiat was with Sundaram Motors the erstwhile and longstanding dealer of Fiat in Chennai My palio still gets herself looked after by them and NO complaints whatsoever.

Quote:
  • The LOGAN is almost history. The joint venture is in tatters alongwith its future. Its not selling well and is being palmed off at hefty discoults to the taxi market, its frugal engineering with a very high price tag and not value for money at all
  • The FIESTA is coming from a sick company. FORD is tottering in the US, its seeing its worst days, and the spares are so costly, makes the whole experience of owning a FORD a unpleasant one
  • The LINEA has to prove itself. Cannot be proclaimed a winner without passing through the test. Times of India gave Gajhini a bad rating and the film went on to become the biggest grosser in history
  • The OPTRA is nothing but a rebadged DAEWOO NUBIRA which is nothing but a evolved CIELO which was nothing but the OPEL KADET, and it goes on and on
  • The INDIGO is something you buy if you are on a shoe-string budget and cannot make your own decision and follow your Uncle. Its a guinea pig and TATA are getting an education manufacturing it everyday
  • The OCTAVIA was a brilliant car, but not current. Hema Malini still looks a million dollars, but can't replace even a Bipasha today
  • The IKON had its day in the sun, its going off into the sunset and is almost like a classic car that can be bought new
Coming to the DZIRE
  1. Its a MARUTI SUZUKI, which holds 50% of the Indian market, for decades and is still going very strong
  3. Its ironed out the SWIFTs shortcomings, more comfortable back seat and big boot
  5. Its the only car in the country to have a waiting list still and that's since inception
  7. Park it next to the company Vice-President's BMW bustle back and they would look like Brothers
Can go on and on
Old 20th January 2009, 11:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the DZIRE
Can go on and on
It seems you are the die hard fan of Swift / Dzire.

I think you forgot that the Linea's engine is the same as Dzire with more power, and you dont find Linea's engine a world class.

Its surprising to know that the Dzire's back seat is more comfortable and the boot is bigger than any other in the list.

Dezire is not the best priced when compared to IKON.

And finally it is the most ugly looking car with that attached boot ( IMHO).

Last edited by sridak : 20th January 2009 at 11:08.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Please members Why attacking on TheARUN ?? He has put his comments in professional way, so respect it.

I know other cars beat Dezire but for price sensitive Indian buyer Dezire is best Sedan. I have talked to many Dezire owners, they are very happy that its cheap and its maruti. I know it is not practical at all, but its not bad Sedan.

Lets stick to point rather than commenting on single person's statements.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed