Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which C/C+ diesel sedan is best overall package?
Logan 2 1.28%
Fiesta 6 3.85%
Verna 20 12.82%
Linea 71 45.51%
Optra Magnum 31 19.87%
Dzire 15 9.62%
Indigo 5 3.21%
Octavia 5 3.21%
Ikon 1 0.64%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 11:58   #46
BANNED

What is this fan business? Did you vote for Linea only because you are a Fiat fan? If so thats sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridak View Post
It seems you are the die hard fan of Swift / Dzire.
Let me illustrate: I am not a fan of Shah Ruk Khan. But I voted Chak-De-India as best movie of 2007.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:22   #47
BHPian

i voted for linea, but i think we will have a car worthy of this poll when the new indigo vista breaks cover
Old 20th January 2009, 12:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
TheARUN one question from your above reasoning. how many of the above cars have you driven. More importantly have you driven the Optra and Verna?
Dude, the poll says best overall car, not the best car you have driven. Start another one for best driven car if you wish.

The seat angle of the DZIRE is different from the SWIFT and it is wider too because of different rear doors.

Agreed that the engine is made by FIAT, but it has found its soulmate only in the SWIFT. The SWIFT DDiS is the best seller even when PALIO has the same engine. People buy the PALIO and VISTA because they cannot wait for the SWIFT. Indians are not crazy to pay money upfront and wait for months on end, we know what value for money is, which other country can have so many rags to riches stories of citizens going abroad and working and going from poor to rich just because they are careful with their money

The LINEA is nothing but a GRANDE PUNTO with a boot. Ya its well integrated and does not look pasted on like the IKON, but it still is a boot plus car and not something designed ground up like the ACCENT.

Korean cars are copies of Japanese ones. Look at their lifestyle, they are the 'me too' brigade. They just ape the Japanese.

Think about this, the DZIRE is a made in India car, the MARUTI engineers put their own caps on and designed the car exclusively for India. It gives you everything you ask for at the cheapest price, the IKON is generations old, its not a new design, it should be priced more in line with the INDIGO.

To all those 49 Bhpians who voted for the LINEA, all the best with your 'gamble'.

If you want to know the real value of a FIAT, buy one, bring it out of the showroom and try selling it, a car's real value is how the majority percieves it. The DZIRE in diesel will hold its value the best, years from now. The 1.3 on a car the size of LINEA is stretching it too far, the DZIRE is only 30 kgs heavier than the SWIFT and can cope better, the LINEA and GRANDE PUNTO, don't have the figures, but its anybody's guess

Last edited by TheARUN : 20th January 2009 at 12:52. Reason: addition
Old 20th January 2009, 12:40   #49
BHPian

i voted for logan because of following reasons:-
1) good diesel engine
2) cheap spares,low maintenance
3) excellent space inside
4) huge boot
5) cheap pricing

it has lately been in news for all the wrong reasons like partnership breakup, boxy design, wrong pricing n stuff. But i guess with all those discounts its now extremely value for money vehicle and i am voting logan because of technicality,features and space vehicle is offering.

@The Arun - I have not found a single reasoning in your post in which you have rejected other cars on technical,feature terms.
you have given reasons for rejection based on assumptions of market news/speculations about the future of companies , partnerships ,rebadging,old desing n stuff which i feel is wrong.
Please consider other factors also in this case the car itself instead of assuming on basis that company is not doing good in US and stuff !!
Old 20th January 2009, 12:49   #50
BHPian

I voted for the Magnum. Yes, it's expensive and has started to look a little old now. But interiors and overall comfort whether in the front or at the back, are fantastic. It looks big and classy, Ride is great and handling to, not too bad and u just can't argue with the 120bhp Tcdi Engine. i tried the car once and i'm hooked....

Didn't like the new design Clarion Sound system and the Climate controls, though. Also the long wheelbase & low ground clearance is a bit of an issue. Still, it is the best of the lot IMHO.

The Liena looks good on paper, haven't seen one in the flesh but as initial reports suggest-
-It's engine is not really all that powerful,
- Rear Headroom-Legroom is an issue,
- A lot of Engine clatter(?),
- & Worst of the lot- U gotta Deal with the Tata showroom guys..

That turns me off big time.

Verna- maybe. The others, though cheaper, are not in the same league for an enthusiast looking for a good looking, classy, powerful Diesel C-C+ segment car.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
Why attacking on TheARUN ?? He has put his comments in professional way, so respect it.
Hello, no one here is attacking anyone. He put down some points about the cars in question and others (including me) put down our viewpoints on the same. That is not attacking, but an online discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
I have talked to many Dezire owners, they are very happy that its cheap and its maruti. I know it is not practical at all, but its not bad Sedan.
May I know what is so im-practical about the Dzire ? I for one hate its looks, but otherwise I do not see much wrong with it. And all these guys lining up to buy it are not really ignorant either IMO. The Swift seriously lacks boot space - a grouse with my Dad who would have unhesitatingly gone for the Dzire if it was available when he bought the Swift. He cares two hoots about the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN
Dude, the poll says best overall car, not the best car you have driven. Start another one for best driven car if you wish
Hmmm. You do have a point there.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Regarding DZire rear seat, yes its a bit different from the Swift rear seat. The backseat has more angle as against relatively upright stance of Swift. Its more comfortable and better contoured as well. Wheelbase wise though, both are same, so legroom is same. The rear windows of DZire are bigger which takes away the claustrophobia effect of the Swift.

I do agree that the DZire is one hell of a practical VFM Car, even with the ugly looks.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Forget what is happening to GM, Magnum it the VFM package. If somebody is looking for a stylish, powerful car & thinking of owning for the next 5-6 years, it has to be Magnum.

How is The Magnum with repect to its Dealer Network, A.S.S & Cost of Spares.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:11   #54
BHPian

I have voted for Magnum, As own the beast!

Its a madening machine, everything else seems slow, loves to be revved Happily and above all when my chauffer drives I enjoy the drive as well.

Do's the great job for its price.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Please members Why attacking on TheARUN ?? He has put his comments in professional way, so respect it.
Ravi - i don't think the following statements can be considered really professional. No problem in anyone voting for Dezire or any other car - thats what a poll is for anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
  • The VERNA you only go Korean when you can't afford Japanese.
  • The INDIGO is something you buy if you are on a shoe-string budget and cannot make your own decision and follow your Uncle. Its a guinea pig and TATA are getting an education manufacturing it everyday
Old 20th January 2009, 13:52   #56
BHPian

Chevy Optra Magnum is the best. Awesome power and torque, comfortable ride and good interior space.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • The VERNA you only go Korean when you can't afford Japanese.
This statement is not acceptable from my side.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:46   #58
Team-BHP Support

My point was only that you can't put down a car only because the Chevy Optra is also called the Daewoo Nubira and Daewoo also made the cielo.

Even through the thread is for overall package and it is not important if you drive it or not. It could be possible that after driving it you may find that the Optra is actually the better overall package.

It has a fantastic engine, great comfort, all the features, good ride and decent handling and now also comes with the 3 year maintenance plan. Even the FE is not bad. That too me is a good package.

I'm not trying to debate on your decision for the Dzire as your reasoning is spot on. My only concern was the reasoning you had for putting down the Optra and Verna.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The LINEA is nothing but a GRANDE PUNTO with a boot. Ya its well integrated and does not look pasted on like the IKON, but it still is a boot plus car and not something designed ground up like the ACCENT.
Then what is DZire my dear?
A pathetic copy & paste job done my Mauriti engineers!

Atleast, Linea looks a fantastic well-built sedan.

Good, you like Dzire & voted for it, but please don't undermine other Cars!
Old 20th January 2009, 18:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its very clear Linea is best Diesel Sedan. The day we saw it in showroom, everyone in my family liked it.

Not every point can be typed while posting the comment. So If members here are matured enough they should come out from EGO and think BIG to post right comments. Members would give overall feeling while they compare the car.

About Dezire (my relative owns it) I can see its rear seat is better than Swift (I owned it). But according to me its not practical Sedan but attracts Indian public for other reasons.

I remember the days when I had to travel by Pathetic Swift and Dezire is same as Swift with boot and ugly looks. Maruti is worst ever car manufacturer I saw in India according to me. Please note that I make this statement after owning and travelled 50,000+km in many Maruti cars.

All the best Linea, I wish it would sell in good numbers

Optra is more luxurious than Linea, but over all Linea is good Sedan but again its member's taste to decide.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS Please note that when one member question other member for particular post dragging that matter too much by multiple members shows such members still need maturity!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks