Team-BHP - Diesel War - Poll Updated
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Diesel War - Poll Updated (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52180-diesel-war-poll-updated.html)

Now that we have many strong contenders in c/c+ segment diesel sedans (Linea, Fiesta, Verna, Optra Magnum, Logan), thought of taking poll on all these vehicles in terms of "Total Package"
Which car has the best overall package ?

1. Verna
2. Fiesta
3. Linea
4. Optra Magnum
5. Logan

According to me Linea and Logan best choice! Both have VFM factor.

Linea: Unique Fresh look, best design/technology, VFM pricing, good space.

Logan: Cheap pricing, Comfy seats/ride, Best NVH levels, very good FE, easy to drive.

For actual Luxury it has to be Optra Magnum: Excellant build quality/ride/comfy interiors.

Fiesta and Verna come first from last when comapred with Linea/Logan/Optra.

Ravi.

Of the given options, it has got to be the Linea, considering the total package. Individually though, each has it's own strong points (Eg. Verna/Optra will beat the Linea silly in the performance part, Logan is much better than others in handling, Fiesta is the best in overall fit and finish and that upmarket feel, etc)

Why is the Octavia out if the Magnum is there?

PS: My vote goes to the Linea

I vote for Linea! Desirable Beauty, European Safety Standards, FIAT Multijet Diesel, Mouth watering price....is there any competition? :)

Cheers!!!

From the given choices, it has to be Optra Magnum. Others don't even come close.

P.S. Where is Octavia ?

P.P.S. Where are Indigo and DZire ? I see Logan there.

Why is the Octavia not there ?

You know what, none of the cars appeal to me. The closest that comes to being a car that I would buy is the Verna, but even then I feel its expensive.

1. Verna
2. Fiesta - Own an Ikon currently, not willing to own another one soon
3. Linea - Wary about the A.S.S. As a car, its brilliant.
4. Optra Magnum - Chevy does not inspire confidence at all with its service network and resale
5. Logan - Overpriced for what it offers + the looks.
6. Octavia - Skoda - Need I say more.

So can the option of "none of these" be added ?

At the cost of sounding like a finicky guy and being labelled as a Maruti Fanboy, the only diesel sedan that I would consider currently is the Dzire (inspite of its looks) coz of the VFM factor.

sorry folks
before i could add Octavia, Indigo and Dzire my laptop mouse pad screwed up somehow
Now I dont know how to add these options :(

MODS: Can we add these three options to the poll??

linea my friend..
excellent VFM package

Base Octavia wil be 11lac plus right? Lets have sedans within 10lac OTR.

Forget what is happening to GM, Magnum it the VFM package. If somebody is looking for a stylish, powerful car & thinking of owning for the next 5-6 years, it has to be Magnum.

My vote still goes for Verna - loaded with features in top trim ( except airbags) with its magnificent engine, good overall package and peace of mind in terms of service and ownership experience.

My vote is for verna - It is the best...

Note From Mod - Additional options added & previous votes removed

Voted for verna, it is The best among them :thumbs up