Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
With launch of AHNC and Linea, the C+-segment has really warmed up for competition in 2009. What are your opinions about each one?
@RX135, I am not sure I understood the purpose of this thread. Because if it were to discuss the pros and cons of each of these cars, don't we already have enough threads where each of these cars has been dissected and analysed ?

Or if as your title suggests, this is a war between these cars, a poll would have been in order to see which one would win the war. Atleast the tbhp winner, which though in no way is a guarantee of that car emerging a winner in the market.

Do accept your logic of poll being skewed towards new entrants. But still would be interesting. Ofcourse for all I know, the Linea would emerge winner.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:27   #17
BHPian

@SB: You are right. A poll would have helped! More so, that Linea would have won in that case.

May be it will be interesting to see whether we carohlics vote Fiesta 1.6 above ANHC
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Do accept your logic of poll being skewed towards new entrants. But still would be interesting. Ofcourse for all I know, the Linea would emerge winner.
A poll would be an anti-climax. We know that Linea will trash everything soundly - just like what happened on COTY & Diesel cars polls.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 23rd January 2009 at 16:29.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
A poll would be an anti-climax. We know that Linea will trash everything soundly - just like what happened on COTY & Diesel cars polls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno;1142611Do accept your logic of poll being skewed towards new entrants. But still would be interesting. Ofcourse for all I know, [B
the Linea would emerge winner[/b].
I do hope these are your opinions.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Vishesh and Abhinav have almost given my thoughts so no need posting my view again for these cars.
It will be good if a poll is added otherwise i don't find much use of this thread as all these discussions have taken place already.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@RX135, I am not sure I understood the purpose of this thread. Because if it were to discuss the pros and cons of each of these cars, don't we already have enough threads where each of these cars has been dissected and analysed ?
The idea is to present consolidated view about all the cars instead of discussing individual cars in separate threads in bits n' pieces.

e.g. there are thread such as AHNC vs Linea or Linea vs Fiesta, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I was extremely tempted to add a poll with this thread. But, knowing our forum, I am sure that, Linea would emerge as distinct winner. That can prove to be a really skewed view 6 months later, when lot of AHNC/Lineas actually hit the road for a while.

More importantly, the moment it becomes choice of one from many, we invariably tend to overrate our personal choice and berate others. In turn, it leads to brand bashing, illogical arguments, personal flame-wars. So far, this thread has not gone that way and every one is contributing with their own views sensibly so far without being unduly harsh towards others.

But we may add a poll 3-4 months later (if possible that is).
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I do hope these are your opinions.
just stating the facts sir - if you look around - Linea blasted others in Car of the year Poll, and won the best diesel car package by a landslide. I have no reason to believe that another poll would fetch different results
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:04   #23
BANNED

Linea..............admirable......

As Skywalker has pointed out I think Linea is a car that takes the cake- whatever complaints anyone has to give about something in the Linea I bet that you will not get a VFM car like this one until Fiat comes up with something next. It beats the ANHC in mileage, Optra in styling, Aveo the same as optra + better fuel effciency, Verna in looks and fuel efficiency, Fiesta in all rounding features and performance. ITs the best VFM India hasnt seen in a long time and of course it is backed by the now superb A.S.S and revamped dealer network of Fiat. Trust the customised comparison UPDATED version from the previous few i had posted in other threads.

Cheers,

CR
Attached Files
File Type: doc Cars.doc (123.0 KB, 716 views)
Old 4th February 2009, 19:39   #24
BHPian

autocarcr,

The doc you attached seems to be created by FIAT marketing.
Can we believe everything in it?

Thanks
Old 4th February 2009, 22:32   #25
BHPian

Guys...

Had a very short TD today of the ANHC.. Was immediately impressed..
i could not even make it that the car was idling and i was cranking the engine... such butter smooth pickup... so much refined and better than SX4 in all aspects..
I loved the SX4 for al lthe features its size etc.. but this just wins over by a little margin...

I am going to have a detailed ride tom..

VERDICT: Guys Its Now its Decided...

I will buy the ANHC SMT...Wins over the SX4 over a small margin..(nothing to do with price....just features and the package..)
Colour is still not decided..I guess Wifey will do the honours and surely will not post for the colour choice on the Forum
Old 4th February 2009, 22:51   #26
BHPian

Can anyone confirm the actual FE figures of Linea ( in City & On Highways).
If Linea can give more than 15-16 kmpl in city and 20+ on highway (as its MJD Engine), This car is going to get famous even in general public( Not only TBHP).

For me, I am really stuck on the look of linea.

The other car which I find good in all respect is SX4, just because its from Suzuki backed by Maruti Network.

Last edited by greatDrive : 4th February 2009 at 23:01.
Old 5th February 2009, 09:49   #27
ashwinpak

Well, there are just statistics over there, no opinions. So what is there to distrust? If you have a doubt with the numbers, you can cross check with the the specs. Check carwale.com or grab a copy of autocar/overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
autocarcr,

The doc you attached seems to be created by FIAT marketing.
Can we believe everything in it?

Thanks

Old 5th February 2009, 10:37   #28
BHPian

Of all the cars mentioned here, most of these have had their share of limelight ( except the one from GM imho )at the time of introduction- guess novelty factor plays its part. This is probably the hottest segment and at least one version is hit as in case of Optra magnum and Verna Diesel . Ford has both the petrol & diesel versions in news for good reasons on this forum( read among enthusiasts).

SX4 has its VFM card trump and not too long back it taught lessons to NHC with its airbag , steering mounted audio control options.

As of now -IMHO- in petrol segment ANHC rules. In diesel , Linea is great. If got to choose among these two - I ll head to a honda dealer not because I will compare these two cars - but because of peace of mind aspect with a HONDA badge compared to a FIAT here meeting a stepbrotherly/ alien like treatment in a TATA dealership ( experienced it first hand last week and walked out).
Old 5th February 2009, 11:09   #29
BHPian

SX4: VFM ideal for anybody who can stretch their budget (who can afford Accent / Dzire / Logan).

Linea: the only problem with it is poor ***, Fiat needs to improve in this, otherwise, whatever they bring here, can only sell in average. Eventhough they have the best car, the will not be a competition to others.

Verna: overall a nice car but looks outdated, need a face lift & bit more gizmos inside.

ANHC: superb car, but agreed with everybody: Horribly overpriced
Maruti like interiors (You can't imagine this is a Honda from inside)

Fiesta / Aveo: Good cars, but still look like something is lacking (not appealing).
Old 5th February 2009, 11:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

German car?

Hmm, I have been thinking, there is so much German & Italian (car) bashing that goes on here in TBHP that one would think it is the allied HQ at the height of WW-II. Yet, praise is heaped on the ANHC which IMHO is now styled to look like the Chris-Bangled BMW. I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Frankly I hate the Bangle look of the BMWs. On the other hand I loved the look of the OHC as well as the older BMWs.

Oh, another thing. Japan was also member of the 'Axis' in WW-II alongwith Germany & Italy. Co-incidence that the 3 axis countries rule the automotive world today?

Cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed