Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Yeldo those cars are as diffrent as possible!

We know you want a Diesel and a AT, but for what purpose?

Elito
Sir, Regarding the 3 series, I intend to replace either my Verna or Scorpio. So I looked at Linea first, then heard about the Sonata, then about the Captiva, and then was tempted by a white 3 series at the showroom. Now I'm in a fix!

Similarly I am out to replace my W211 E220CDI. I looked at the Q7, liked it. Then at the GL, also liked it. Still in the process of deciding

Let me TD the 320d Highline next week and then decide on it first.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Called Platino Classic, Cochin BMW Dealer. 320d Highline is 33.83OTR with insurance, RTO and tax. Service pack might be extra. White still offered. TD vehicle already arrived. Going to take a look tomorrow, taking a TD next week as tomorrow is a busy day. Now utterly confused: Sonata Transform CRDi AT or Captiva AT or 320d Highline.
for 30+lacs bmw is a good buy. but a captiva is 20 odd lacs and sonata crdi is 16 lacs but not 30 lacs.

sonata has its own charm but its a hyundai not that its a bad thing but if you are image concious and want badge value them bmw is worth it.

if u want utility with chic urban looks, 7 people carrying capacity suv. then captiva is the best one in the market.

3 series is compact luxury sedan, whereas sonata is quite spacious.
but nothing beats the beemer. it awesome. compact sporty,luxurious,elegant etc etc etc.

Last edited by Caramelo : 23rd January 2009 at 14:41.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yeldo: You may also wait for couple of months and look for New Skoda Superb. Simply a superb car with acres of leg room, comfort, better ride and handling, incase brand is not an issue.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:23   #19
BHPian

I was hoping BMW would launch atleast 2 new engines with the updated 3 series. It would be nice to see the 335i and the 330d added to the line up.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
I was hoping BMW would launch atleast 2 new engines with the updated 3 series. It would be nice to see the 335i and the 330d added to the line up.
335i would deffinately be one hell of a engine but am doubtful at what price it would be sold. 335i and 135i which share the same engine, a 3.0L inline, twin turbo has won many awards and acolades across the globe. I guess if they do launch it am sure it would cost close to 50-55 Lakhs.
Doubtful how many would sell in nos. But, deffinately one to have, would be more like having a junior M3.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:03   #21
BHPian

Maybe they can bring in the 335i on orders only. If priced below 45 L it should attract a lot of buyers. Wonder how many 3.2 Fsi audis have sold ?
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

refreshed 3 series pics

new 320d highline pics with added bluetooth and usb interface, new i-drive.
prices are same as the outgoing model.
Attached Thumbnails
Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00141.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00142.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00143.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00144.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00135.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00136.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00138.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00139.jpg  

Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here-dsc00140.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2009, 17:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics Sid

This segment is surely hotting up now!
Old 23rd January 2009, 21:20   #24
BHPian

That's also a new colour they have introduced with the facelift.
Looks very tempting, especially with the cream interior.
Old 24th January 2009, 01:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
335i would deffinately be one hell of a engine but am doubtful at what price it would be sold. 335i and 135i which share the same engine, a 3.0L inline, twin turbo has won many awards and acolades across the globe. I guess if they do launch it am sure it would cost close to 50-55 Lakhs.
Doubtful how many would sell in nos. But, deffinately one to have, would be more like having a junior M3.
I've driven a 135i coupe and it was a real hoot to drive! As much torque as the M3 and plenty of punch as well. Definitely a quick car, as quick as you could reasonably want, but no M3, not by a long, long shot.
Old 24th January 2009, 03:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I've driven a 135i coupe and it was a real hoot to drive! As much torque as the M3 and plenty of punch as well. Definitely a quick car, as quick as you could reasonably want, but no M3, not by a long, long shot.
Hey Kbk that's really cool, I guess you have an M3, think saw it a Koregoan Park if you know what I mean Magnificent choice must say. Am sure M3 is one of the mean machine to posses but all I meant was that it could be as close as M3 with the amount of performance upgrade available. A little off the topic but here's one take a look at it with 414hp. Vishnu Performance Systems

Here's a link which reviews Vishnu's performance upgrade for 335i
Follow-Up Test: Vishnu Tuning BMW 335i Coupe

Here's another interesting article, an 335i with 395hp and 616NM of torque
*** Review - 395bhp (approx) DMS Remap on E92 335i *** - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Also a 335d can be remapped to deliver 345hp and 715NM of torque. I wonder how fast would it be in gear acceleration compared to the petrol ones.

M3 will always be a dream to have but for those who can't stretch their budget can always go for 335i or 335d and get a remap, closest one can get.

SID: Thanks for those lovely pics. Am sure the car would look quiet meaty in person. And it's good to know they give this at the same price of the outgoing model.
Old 24th January 2009, 03:46   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

That new color is fugly! I wish they had not given the orange treatment to the indicators of the tailamps. Orange LEDs on clear glass would enhance the rear looks greatly.

The new iDrive is brilliant... i played around with it in the new 7 series, seemed to have a lot more features. Much better layout.

Now that the bluetooth comes standard on the 3, i am sure the 5 would get the same treatment soon including new iDrive which is already out in the European 5's from this month.

Last edited by Sahil : 24th January 2009 at 03:48.
Old 24th January 2009, 04:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Are those LEDs on front Headlamp? I also notice that even the taillamps now have LED treatment to them. I guess the rear taillamp makes it look as though the car is wider than the outgoing model, now looking at specs I know it is by little margin, but feels more than that little margin. Quite like the new tail lamps though.

Sahil can you point the differences in older and new Idrive system has or rather I should say what's new add on to it?
Old 24th January 2009, 11:24   #29
BHPian

the new one looks more sporty. the last one was plane and boring.
Old 24th January 2009, 12:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Are those LEDs on front Headlamp? I also notice that even the taillamps now have LED treatment to them. I guess the rear taillamp makes it look as though the car is wider than the outgoing model, now looking at specs I know it is by little margin, but feels more than that little margin. Quite like the new tail lamps though.

Sahil can you point the differences in older and new Idrive system has or rather I should say what's new add on to it?
Yes, those are LEDS on the front.

I am not sure what all features have been ommited by BMW on the new idrive in the 3. But the 7 had a web browser and 80gb hardisk etc.
The whole interface was much better designed, the shortcut keys makes it easy to reach imp functions.

Most Viewed