Team-BHP - Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelift BMW 3 series is finally here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52373-facelift-bmw-3-series-finally-here.html)

The New 3 series is already here. Saw ad today in times of India regarding the New BMW 3 series. It has more aggressive look with more lines on the hood, bumper and on sides and also new Headlamp and taillamp. Overall a very appealing design changes. Available with the same range as 320i, 325i, 320d an 320d highline.
Anyone has any info regarding the prices by anyone? Are there any new colours an features added to it?

What are the differences from the old one?any idea about pricing?

Called Platino Classic, Cochin BMW Dealer. 320d Highline is 33.83OTR with insurance, RTO and tax. Service pack might be extra. White still offered. TD vehicle already arrived. Going to take a look tomorrow, taking a TD next week as tomorrow is a busy day. Now utterly confused: Sonata Transform CRDi AT or Captiva AT or 320d Highline.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldo (Post 1142244)
Called Platino Classic, Cochin BMW Dealer. 320d Highline is 33.83OTR with insurance, RTO and tax. Service pack might be extra. White still offered. TD vehicle already arrived. Going to take a look tomorrow, taking a TD next week as tomorrow is a busy day. Now utterly confused: Sonata Transform CRDi AT or Captiva AT or 320d Highline.:Frustrati

Hey that's great. Does'nt seem that there is much price difference between older and the new model.
320d is completely different league compared to the one you mentioned. If you can go for 320d nothing like it. I read somewhere they have made changes to front and the rear track, its widen little more than earlier model. It's gonna be better handler than the earlier model.
Go for the 320d highline if you got the dough.

Check out the BMW India website. It talks about 'M' Styling kit for the 3 series plus lots of little exterior and interior changes (don't know if the styling kit is available in India yet):
BMW 3 Series Sedan : Overview

The launch is supposed to be within the next few weeks.

Did A4 overtook 3 series in sales as I is doing in UK? Let us see 3 winning some market share back.

BMW should have also brought more powerful engines with the revised looks, considering Audi already has relased more powerful engines.

The new exterior changes are a welcome ... However, I do agree with a lot of people, BMW should get a more powerful beast to compete with Audi's A4 3.2 FSI and load it up with some goodies as is the case with Audi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashish22 (Post 1142336)
BMW should have also brought more powerful engines with the revised looks, considering Audi already has relased more powerful engines.

A 335i would be nice. A 330i atleast?

The engine range is same.
There is updated idrive too.
I had once used the idrive on the 3 and it was very confusing at first, but heard this one is easier to use.

With audi getting 3.2 litre v6, 2.0Tdi and 2 more engines ( don't remember specs stupid: ) and much better looks et all ( atleast for me) , i think BMW should have done more changes than just to the idrive, adding lines across the hood and body.

Introducing 'Halo' models like the 330i or 335i is all fine and weel, but from a business point of view, you need to think of the numbers they sell in?
How many Audi A4 3.2 petrol models have they sold? In comparison, BMW have got it right in offering the models that average person wants, a good combination of performance, economy and specification.
There is hardly a few items missing from the new 3 series spec list that a customer wants?
Apparently even bluetooth phone is now included BMW 3 Series Sedan : Communication

In the mid Rs30L range, tell me another make that offers similar, performance and specification? (They are even making me forget about the Mercedes C)

No doubt about both the car's, the Audi and BMW look equally good. Some might say Audi has an edge with choice of engines available and some might say BMW is a better handler. I feel both are great cars to own.

Surely Audi has a edge here as its offering more choices of powerful engines than Beemer. I think its high time BMW should bring in the 330 version of their both petrol and diesel, would be ideal choice. Am sure it may not sell in numbers just like A4 3.2fsi but would surely be great for someone looking for more powerful car. Now I know it would land in close to 5series starting range.

Giving M series option pack is a great feature. Any idea how much does it cost additional?

Somewhere down the line I feel BMW is slightly better drivers car than Audi though Audi A4 3.2 winning the Autocar driver's car award.

Ok so this is the "suprise" element that the BMW 7 series launch invite mentioned.
Will check it out next week at the event.

I hope they have changed those ugly alloys that the current 3 series line up has.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldo (Post 1142244)

Yeldo those cars are as diffrent as possible!

We know you want a Diesel and a AT, but for what purpose? :)

Elito