Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 10:56   #16
BHPian

Update:

Nissan's 370Z sports car to race into India by Jan

Chandigarh: Nissan Motor India is planning to launch its sports car 370Z in India by January 2010. The company has drawn up an aggressive plan for India which will see a business model comprising five locally-made cars and four imported models by 2012.

The company considers India as one of the key market and expects to sell 300-odd units of its Teana and X-trail models, which have already been launched in the Indian market. It has appointed Hover Automotive India as its service partner for marketing, sales, after-sales service and dealer development in the country.

Under the service provision agreement, Hover will undertake the implementation of Nissan's marketing and sales strategy and support dealer development in India.

Speaking to Business Standard, Hover Automotive India Vice-Chairman G M Singh said: "We are planning to launch the sports car 370Z in India by January 2010. Although, the market size for sports car is small, the demand will definitely increase in the near future and we are bullish on it."

He added Nissan is already investing close to $1.4 billion for setting up a manufacturing facility in Chennai, having an initial installed capacity of 200,000 units per annum and which can be upgraded to 400,000 units per annum.

The new plant is likely to be operational in the first half of 2010.

The company has plans to launch its hatchback car Micra also in first half of 2010. Singh added: "Micra will be built on new platform and we will launch the car by the end of June 2010."

It has also plans to export Micra to Europe and 100 other countries.

Nissan India, which already imports the X-Trail SUV and the Teana sedan as CBUs (completely built-up units), plans to sell over 300-odd units of these cars. On the supplier front, he added that the company has plans to source 70-80 per cent of the components locally over a period of time.

"We have already opened seven dealerships across India and plan to take the number up to 18 by the end of this financial year," Singh said.

Nissan's 370Z sports car to race into India by Jan - 1 - Â*Business News - News - MSN India
Old 27th September 2009, 21:00   #17
BHPian

Yay! this is good news. I used to drool after the 350Z a friend had.

Time to beg, borrow or steal then Banks beware!

Or else, go the old fashioned, boring route and save up for years.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:05   #18
BHPian

An update

Photos & Slideshows - Yahoo! News India

Still no idea about the expected price :(
Old 16th December 2009, 13:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Is that a wise move now ???

I don't think Nissan is even sellin properly the X-trail and Teana in the first place. How on Earth will it sell the 370 Z in India.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nissan is planning for 9 vehicles to get release by 2012. Let see what they do with the A.S.S. Are they going to tie-up with some other company like TATA-FIAT?
Old 16th December 2009, 19:33   #21
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I don't think Nissan is even sellin properly the X-trail and Teana in the first place. How on Earth will it sell the 370 Z in India.
The 370Z is always going to be a niche product in our market but its sure to be a huge image-booster for Nissan and is certainly an important model for Nissan's future operations in India as they are about to launch a hatchback soon. So they need a good image primarily. The Teana and X-Trail failed to make huge sales record as they are exhorbitantly priced being CBUs plus the limited dealer network made things worse for Nissan. I hope Nissan opens a lot of dealerships and service centres before they launch a small car in India.
Old 16th December 2009, 19:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Did the sc**w up the design in 370Z? 350Z looks much better than this

I think they should also bring Altima and Maxima to India

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th December 2009 at 19:38.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think it's going to cost at least 45 - 50 lacs.

The interiors look top !!
Old 15th January 2010, 20:03   #24

Specifications of 370Z in India

Hi everyone,

Get ready for action as Nissan 370Z is getting launched in Mumbai very soon.

Heard that the trainings for the same has been over and it seems that Nissan is all geared for big stuffs in India.

The car is coming with 333 PS / 7000 rpm and 363 NM / 5200 rpm.Also heard that Nissan has brought high performance tyres 245 front and 275 rear. Isn't that a wow?

Saw one in red color hitting the streets in mumbai early in the morning some 6 days back . Man, it was in red colour and believe me, an absolute beauty. Slightly masked, but you could figure it out from the 2 door make and its side silhouttes.

Sorry guys, but couldnot take any pics.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th January 2010 at 20:37. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 21:26   #25
BHPian

Does anyone know if Nissan plans to bring their mass selling vehicles like Altima, Sentra, Versa, Maxima etc to India? Read in a seperate thread that they plan to have 10+ models very soon, I hope it includes these cars also. All of them are quality vehicles and fun to drive.

Last edited by SunilM : 15th January 2010 at 21:36. Reason: Removed Altima from the list.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:04   #26
BHPian

price and other things

While I would love it if the 370Z was launched at 32 Lakhs, I feel it would be much closer to porsche boxster territory, obvsiouly a tad cheaper than the german, so around 45 Lakhs is my guess.

Personal preference the 370Z is a touch overdone, the 350Z somehow looks cleaner. Would still be a great buy though.
Old 15th January 2010, 23:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Does anyone know if Nissan plans to bring their mass selling vehicles like Altima, Sentra, Versa, Maxima etc to India? Read in a seperate thread that they plan to have 10+ models very soon, I hope it includes these cars also. All of them are quality vehicles and fun to drive.

Not really, i was in dallas recently on a business trip and we used rent cars every weekend, the first week we got a farely new Nissan Versa (sedan) and all of us ( me and my 3 colleagues) didnt like it at all, the next time on we got a Ford Focus and we all loved it from then that was our only choice.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:51   #28
BHPian

Nissan India To Launch 370Z On 20th January

lauching on 20th jan confirmed.. watch out guys!!
so, who is the first taker of the car in team-bhp??!!!
Old 18th January 2010, 12:09   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Get ready for action as Nissan 370Z is getting launched in Mumbai very soon.

Heard that the trainings for the same has been over and it seems that Nissan is all geared for big stuffs in India.
Quote:
Nissan India To Launch 370Z On 20th January
Holy sweet! There have been plenty of CBU launches in the last 2 years, but not too many have interested us as their pricing is way out of reach.

Considering this car's international pricing, Nissan has the potential to bring it within 40 lakhs. Now that will be something. A petrolhead only has two options for 45 lakhs today : The 530d or the A4 3.2 FSI. A sportscar with 300+ BHP on tap, tight chassis and super after-market support? My mouth is watering already. Nissan, please don't disappoint us with the pricing.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Just 2 days remain to the ‘Z’ cars launch in India. One of Japan’s most popular coupes will soon be landing up in Nissan showrooms across the metros. Known as one of the most entertaining coupes to drive, the 370Z stands in stark contrast to its clinical German adversaries. Elsewhere in the world it is also priced a good couple of lakh rupees cheaper than its rivals. It also debuts with a clever gizmo which automatically blips the throttle and matches the revs to the engine speed on downshifts, even with the manual gearbox!
But as the 370Z is coming through the CBU route, India will get only the top of the line versions, just like the Boxster. Sadly, the real ‘value for money’, variants won’t make it to our shores thanks to the 40,000$ minimum price limit enforced by our government on CBU imports. The Z car might not be anywhere in the league of its big brother GT-R but it will be a worthy adversary to German coupes be it the Porsche Boxster, Audi TT, BMW Z4 or the Mercedes SLK.

Source : Motoroids
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks