Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 22:21   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

they have beaten the safari in the price game too.
Yes, another important feature ABS starts at GX level in Safari, while Scorpio Sle has ABS at full Rs.2 Lacs cheaper. IMO, the braking circus of both demand ABS. So, indeed a good feature.

BTW, do you want to discuss other games in this thread too?
Old 7th March 2009, 23:32   #167

query?/////////confused

hi
i wanted to know one thing , i saw the pics of new scorpio on various sites . I am planning to buy the VLX model white colour. The old scorpio comes with beige interiors in white colour but the pics r showing that the new white colour vlx scorpio in black interiors (black allure ) . I don't like the black interiors . The car is not yet launched here in jaipur . So please if anyone can confirm that the new scorpio vlx ( diamond white colour ) available in beige theme ..please

Mod's note: Do not put up entire posts in bold.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th March 2009 at 14:05.
Old 8th March 2009, 01:00   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavraj View Post
hi
i wanted to know one thing , i saw the pics of new scorpio on various sites . I am planning to buy the VLX model white colour. The old scorpio comes with beige interiors in white colour but the pics r showing that the new white colour vlx scorpio in black interiors (black allure ) . I don't like the black interiors . The car is not yet launched here in jaipur . So please if anyone can confirm that the new scorpio vlx ( diamond white colour ) available in beige theme ..please

i am sure that they wont have vlx with black interiors. vlx is the top model. and they should have beige interiors for sure. wait for the launch there in jaipur. see it with your eyes before booking. india has a fasination with beige colour. its peoples choice. no offence to anyone.

wow they have discontinued with the CRDE and brought the mhawk. ABS is cheaper and power ORVMs not bad M&M. new bumpers dont look that bad. but i hate the silver tooth. i feel i want to break the designers front tooth and fix him silver ones to make them feel what they have done. now i dont think they can undo it. lolz. i guess we will have to live with it.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th March 2009 at 14:07. Reason: Quoted post changed
Old 8th March 2009, 01:07   #169

confused !!

[
see this link .. the pics of new scorpio ( vlx model in ugly black allure theme interiors)
.http://www.******************/new-fa...rpio-launched/

]i am sure that they wont have vlx with black interiors. vlx is the top model. and they should have beige interiors for sure. wait for the launch there in jaipur. see it with your eyes before booking. india has a fasination with beige colour. its peoples choice. no offence to anyone'

see this link .. the pics of new scorpio ( vlx model in ugly black allure theme interiors)
.http://www.******************/new-fa...rpio-launched/

wow they have discontinued with the CRDE and brought the mhawk. new bumpers dont look that bad. but i hate the silver tooth. i feel i want to break the designers front tooth and fix him silver ones to make them feel what they have done. now i dont think they can undo it. lolz. i guess we will have to live with it.[/quote]
Old 8th March 2009, 01:10   #170

no beige interors for the top model ??

no beige interiors for the top model or it is optional , if any one visited showroom for td please tell

see this link .. the pics of new scorpio (vlx model in ugly black allure heme interiors)
http://www.******************/new-fa...rpio-launched/
Old 8th March 2009, 12:44   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi
i wanted to know one thing , i saw the pics of new scorpio on various sites . I am planning to buy the VLX model white colour. The old scorpio comes with beige interiors in white colour but the pics r showing that the new white colour vlx scorpio in black interiors (black allure ) . I don't like the black interiors . The car is not yet launched here in jaipur . So please if anyone can confirm that the new scorpio vlx ( diamond white colour ) available in beige theme ..
vaibhav, surely wait till its launch in your city and have a look, topends does comes with two tone beige interiors, surely they would have it in your model.
Another thing what i feel is misssing in this monster is airbags, still i dont understand why does mahindra doesnt feel providing it atleast as optional which is necessary for that power.
Old 8th March 2009, 12:53   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Yes, another important feature ABS starts at GX level in Safari, while Scorpio Sle has ABS at full Rs.2 Lacs cheaper. IMO, the braking circus of both demand ABS. So, indeed a good feature.

BTW, do you want to discuss other games in this thread too?
nopes, thank you. i have already earned a bad reputation for being blunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i am sure that they wont have vlx with black interiors. vlx is the top model. and they should have beige interiors for sure. wait for the launch there in jaipur. see it with your eyes before booking. india has a fasination with beige colour.
wow they have discontinued with the CRDE and brought the mhawk. ABS is cheaper and power ORVMs not bad M&M. new bumpers dont look that bad. but i hate the silver tooth. i feel i want to break the designers front tooth and fix him silver ones to make them feel what they have done. now i dont think they can undo it. lolz. i guess we will have to live with it.

mahindra colour codes its interiors. the white, rocky beige & silver scorpios gets beige interiors whereas the green, brown & black scorpios get black interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
vaibhav, surely wait till its launch in your city and have a look, topends does comes with two tone beige interiors, surely they would have it in your model.
Another thing what i feel is misssing in this monster is airbags, still i dont understand why does mahindra doesnt feel providing it atleast as optional which is necessary for that power.
cos they are fools! atleast if they are not providing airbags, as a compensation, they have decreased the price by a huge margin. but i bet many wont mind spending a premiuim for their safety.
Old 8th March 2009, 16:52   #173
BHPian

I completely fail to understand, why cant Mahindra offer Airbags?? I am sure it can not be a cost factor. It has to do something with the dashboard design.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:02   #174
BHPian

Quote:
hi
i wanted to know one thing , i saw the pics of new scorpio on various sites . I am planning to buy the VLX model white colour. The old scorpio comes with beige interiors in white colour but the pics r showing that the new white colour vlx scorpio in black interiors (black allure ) . I don't like the black interiors . The car is not yet launched here in jaipur . So please if anyone can confirm that the new scorpio vlx ( diamond white colour ) available in beige theme ..
I have seen the VLX, it has seats in black fabric & intriors are also black.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:48   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I have seen the VLX, it has seats in black fabric & intriors are also black.
what was the exterior colour?
Old 8th March 2009, 18:26   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
thanks sid, checked the website. the prices mentioned in the website are:
LX 692600
SLE 789700
VLX-BSIII 887900
VLX-BSIV 898000
VLX-AT 965400

thats a drop of almost 1.5 lakhs for the top end VLX.
I had almost finalized on the Safari GX 4x4 when Mahindra hit me out of the blue with this. The SLE has 4x4 option according to the brochure. The SLE also has all the options that I think are necessary and doesn't have the the electronic crap like rain sensing wipers, Tire pressure sensor etc, which I don't care about.

I think the SLE with ABS is huge VFM over the Safari (purely my opinion, you don't have to agree with me). The other two things that I like are the fact that the third row faces forward since the kids prefer this to sitting side ways. Also the rear ac is integrated into the center consol giving me space on the roof to attach a larger DVD player for the kids.

From some other posts, I gather that the Mahindra has some revisions to the suspension as well improve the ride and handling. If this is true, I think my decision has been made. First thing i will probably do is to take it to Road And Track and change the front grill. Anybody want a second hand Walrus tooth grill, please IM me ;-)

Last edited by 4x4addict : 8th March 2009 at 18:28.
Old 8th March 2009, 18:50   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think the SLE with ABS is huge VFM over the Safari (purely my opinion, you don't have to agree with me).
I purely agree!
BTW, what is the price difference between sle 2wd & 4wd? And is 4x4 available in m-hawk engine? Even if it is a crde 2.6ltr unit, with ABS & 4wd this woud be pure VFM product!

Last edited by breezydrive : 8th March 2009 at 18:57.
Old 8th March 2009, 18:57   #178
BHPian

i think the interiors depend on car colour
dark shades have light colour interior and lighter shades have dark interior
Old 8th March 2009, 23:06   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I purely agree!
BTW, what is the price difference between sle 2wd & 4wd? And is 4x4 available in m-hawk engine? Even if it is a crde 2.6ltr unit, with ABS & 4wd this woud be pure VFM product!
mahindra has discontinued its CRDe engine on the scorpio. now all scorpio variants including the base LX comes with the mHawk engine.

i think the decrease in the sales of the scorpio due to many prospective scorpio buyers opting for the xylo forced mahindra to slash the price of the scorpio.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 8th March 2009 at 23:07.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:12   #180
BHPian

Quote:
I purely agree!
You can expect the 4WD to be about a lakh more expensive. As per the brochure specs, it looks like the 4WD is available in all variants. The SLE with 4WD & ABS at around 9 lakhs ex-showroom would be a great deal.

Quote:
mahindra has discontinued its CRDe engine on the scorpio. now all scorpio variants including the base LX comes with the mHawk engine.
The Scorpio Getaway still comes with the CRDe engine, but I think they are at the verge of discontinuing this model - poor to no sales. All the other versions, LX, SLE, VLX & VLX-AT, come with the mHawk. Maybe now all the Bolero versions will get the CRDe?

Most Viewed