Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 20:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Has anybody read the brochure? Its hilarious!

One 'priceless' quote:

Road armour bumpers
The Scorpio’s new bumpers remind you of the armour on a gladiator. They’re toughened,
to defend the body. And tailored to demean other cars.

LOL... funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am trying to attract them to notice this Airbag issue. How wried to to release an SUV without Airbags for such a price tag. If they try they can do that certainly, for reasons unknown M&M is yet to answer the Airbag needs.

This is the only good looking SUV to me, for an Indian, and we can surly be proud to have the vehicle like this built in house, while I see nothing fancy on the looks for certain high priced SUVs offered from Ford, Suzuki, Hyundai and Mitsubishi.

There was no Alloy wheels earlier, and then it was offered. There was no ABS, and then it was offered, like this way we can expect it to come Airbags.

I believe it is the only important feature missing now. , instead they are offering Cruise control, Walrus inspired Gold Tooth, Rhino inspired bumper etc.
totally agree to you, specifically the one marked in BOLD. i can vouch that mahindra does listen to customer feedbacks. one such experience from my side is that i had complained about the useless oval vents in the scorpio CRDe, they rectified that in the later variants. i heard many complained about lack of rear leg space, so mahindra introduced sliding rear seats. then came ABS. now let me try my luck & complain about the absence of airbags!
Old 10th March 2009, 21:30   #197
Senior - BHPian

teh new scorpio is certainly lookking a more tempting proposition, and at this price point i would have seriously considered it were I in the market today for an SUV.

when I bought my Safari, model to model the scorp was at least a lakh more, and I felt that the extra money was not worth it...

But no such constraints now, and what really seals it is the presence of ABS in the SLE.

Good move by M&M....lets see how and if Tata responds to this.
Old 11th March 2009, 01:25   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
But no such constraints now, and what really seals it is the presence of ABS in the SLE.
SLE is the best option for people who don't care about the electronic gismos but want the 2.2 engine with the common power options. The new seats look better contoured than the outgoing model. Looking forward to a test drive.
Old 11th March 2009, 09:44   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
one such experience from my side is that i had complained about the useless oval vents in the scorpio CRDe, they rectified that in the later variants.

now let me try my luck & complain about the absence of airbags!
Yes, I think you should - if they listen to you, they may gain a few more customers.

By the way, can someone enlighten me on whether 4x4 is now available on all the variants? If not, which ones & is it that same two or three month waiting or is it a more reasonable waiting period?

Last edited by suman : 11th March 2009 at 09:47.
Old 11th March 2009, 10:38   #200
Senior - BHPian

On the Airbags in Scorpio Issue, I have written/spoken to M&M people upto their senior ups from last 3 years atleast!
I had a discussion with them recently and the update is that the 2010 or later Scorpio is being modified to take care of the airbags. As this involves the M&M to replace the current Dashboard design with a new one.
My feeling is that M&M is driven by the OEM suppliers to a large extent in their car designs to keep the costs low. So any changes to the dyes(plastic or metal) would mean new cost from the OEM!!
I might be wrong...but still miss the airbags in my mHawk!!
Also, from a market positioning perspective- M&M hardly has any trouble as the model sells!! So, who would want to invest on a selling model? my 2 cents!
Old 11th March 2009, 11:40   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
On the Airbags in Scorpio Issue, I have written/spoken to M&M people upto their senior ups from last 3 years atleast!
I had a discussion with them recently and the update is that the 2010 or later Scorpio is being modified to take care of the airbags. As this involves the M&M to replace the current Dashboard design with a new one.
My feeling is that M&M is driven by the OEM suppliers to a large extent in their car designs to keep the costs low. So any changes to the dyes(plastic or metal) would mean new cost from the OEM!!
I might be wrong...but still miss the airbags in my mHawk!!
Also, from a market positioning perspective- M&M hardly has any trouble as the model sells!! So, who would want to invest on a selling model? my 2 cents!
yes, thats true. but mahindra should take cues from the toyota innova. their highest selling variant is the 'V' with ABS & Airbags. so i dont think customers would disagree to pay a premiuim for airbags.

moreover, if dashboard design is the culprit, cant they use the space above the glovebox, the scooped out recess above the grab handle for the front passenger is enough space to accomodate a airbag, i think. if not, atleast cant they offer an airbag for the driver, the steering is big enough.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:32   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you're saying makes sense. So, nothing before 2010

Quote:
if not, atleast cant they offer an airbag for the driver, the steering is big enough.
That would be a half baked measure - what about the person in the passenger seat? Unless this is a "bachelors only" vehicle
Old 11th March 2009, 12:42   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

The person in the passenger seat can hold a pillow against their chest and sit. Actually, everyone can tie pillows around their chest when in the car. Should inform M&M about this low cost add-on.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:42   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
What you're saying makes sense. So, nothing before 2010

That would be a half baked measure - what about the person in the passenger seat? Unless this is a "bachelors only" vehicle
yes, that is true. but since mahindra is showing no concern for the passenger as well as the driver & as surya mentioned, it has more to do with the design of the dashboard, it better to protect the driver atleast for the time-being rather than waiting till 2010.

btw, i read that:
Scorpio becomes the first product in India to offer a BS-IV compliant version.
true?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 11th March 2009 at 12:55.
Old 11th March 2009, 12:58   #205
Senior - BHPian

Hi As I said, Scorpio sells without the Airbags even now!! How many are like us-TBHPians? Not many I guess interms of sales figures!

So, M&M is going for more "appealing gadgets" than safety equipment on thier rides
Old 11th March 2009, 13:38   #206
BHPian

As regards to the micro hybrid feature, there is a switch to disable the feature. This ensures vehicle running in the normal mode.

Quote:
there may be many like me who dont care a damn about this silly 'micro hybrid' & still wanna opt for the VLX. what about them?

i feel mahindra will offer a non micro hybrid VLX. if they dont, they are foolish. prospective bolero customers & prospective scorpio customers think differently.
Old 11th March 2009, 13:45   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi As I said, Scorpio sells without the Airbags even now!! How many are like us-TBHPians? Not many I guess interms of sales figures!

So, M&M is going for more "appealing gadgets" than safety equipment on thier rides
Very right, Getsurya.
Though I don't necessarily agree with that line about how many are like us T-BHPians!
There is a surprising number here amongst us who did not opt for the airbags, for one reason or the other!
High ground is very easy to take on a forum!
Old 11th March 2009, 16:03   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a surprising number here amongst us who did not opt for the airbags, for one reason or the other!
High ground is very easy to take on a forum!
Agree with you Anupji. As you would have guessed it correctly, I was leaning towards a more learnt car buyer vs an average Indian(who form the large chunk of buyers, anyways!!
Old 11th March 2009, 19:25   #209
BHPian

I actually liked the front profile of the new Scorpio. I will not be surprised if their pik-up going to be launched in the US gets this new face.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:58   #210
rippergeo

LX version with mHawk?

Just checking something I saw on the Scorpio website.
The base version scorpio now comes with the mHawk engine for 716500 Ex showroom. Is that true? It may be an error for all we know. The pricing looks too good to be true, hence the doubts.

There was talk on this thread about price cuts, but I didnt find any specific posts about the base version at this price with the lovely mHawk engine.
Can someone clarify? I hate going to that particular showroom but will have to soon for a mHawk TD if this news is confirmed.

And, is it safe to assume that the suspension setup changes that were applied to the higher end mHawk has been retained in the base version also?

What about the 4WD rumours for the mHawk? How long will that take? I can afford to wait another year before looking at a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks