Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 09:17   #181
Senior - BHPian

thats a steep cut for the scorpio prices.. Xylo eating into scorpio's sales?
Old 9th March 2009, 10:19   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
thats a steep cut for the scorpio prices.. Xylo eating into scorpio's sales?
Well earlier they did steep hike in Scorpio price in April 2008 and then in May with introduction of mhwack VLX and discontinuing VFM 2.6 DX model and strategy did not work as you can see from last 4 -5 months on sales figure.
Finally M&M realized for good that an SLE with an mHwack engine + ABS - All unnecessary gizmos priced correctly is winning combination. I think with this Scorpio sales will pick up as they used to be before they discontinued 2.6 DX model.

Every vehicle manufacturer aspire to move up the pricing ladder and flirt with premium pricing model a-la Honda in India but thier marketing team should realize all over the world for mass manufacturers VFM market is the money maker and Honda in India is an exception rather then norm.

Last edited by amitk26 : 9th March 2009 at 10:21.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:31   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
what was the exterior colour?

There were 3 Scorpios at G3 - Nerul one was total white 2nd - black dual colour & 3rd - purple dual colour all had black interiors. Dual colour is with claddings in off white / Silver Colour.

Last edited by kiren : 9th March 2009 at 10:50.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:50   #184
RST

I heard that Scorpio VLX does not come with height adjustable driver’s seat. Is it true?

Does xylo has height adjustable driver’s seat?

This is one of the basic and must have feature in an SUV.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th March 2009 at 11:02. Reason: font tags
Old 9th March 2009, 11:39   #185
BHPian

With the price cuts, the Scorpio LX can take on the Sumo Grande. The higher spec Grande GX is available for around 8 lakh ex-showroom (Pune), but I guess a lot of people would prefer a Scorpio LX even if is doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sumo Grande GX. The Scorpio would have less niggles and quality issues.

Regards,

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 9th March 2009 at 11:43.
Old 9th March 2009, 12:52   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST View Post
I heard that Scorpio VLX does not come with height adjustable driver’s seat. Is it true?
Does xylo has height adjustable driver’s seat?

This is one of the basic and must have feature in an SUV.
yes this is true , but there are various things considered basic elsewhere but not here example Airbags , Traction control and over and above everything crash testing of vehicle before launch but who cares when consumer thinks safety means heavy metal gauge bonnet and most people think that crumbled bonnet in case of head on collision is a bad thing.

but what can be done when government thinks Automobile policy just means promoting export of small cars and increasing tax on vehicles above X lakh rupees / or Y tonnes of body weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
With the price cuts, the Scorpio LX can take on the Sumo Grande. The higher spec Grande GX is available for around 8 lakh ex-showroom (Pune), but I guess a lot of people would prefer a Scorpio LX even if is doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sumo Grande GX. The Scorpio would have less niggles and quality issues.

Regards,

Pradeep
No special reason to believe so but yes Scorpio Lx is competitively priced.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:54   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea what kind of discounts will be doled out on the Old look Scorpio with the Mhawk + ABS? If thats sold lower than the SLE Mhawk, then its a superb buy. The interiors are the damn same, and I dont care for the front change.

What are you guys thinking?
Old 9th March 2009, 21:28   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
I completely fail to understand, why cant Mahindra offer Airbags?? I am sure it can not be a cost factor. It has to do something with the dashboard design.
They are yet to learn that technology!. Their engineers are studying about Airbag technology in house, and their new SUV, with their all new Engine mVelociraptor will come up with Dual Airbags in 2019. There are Camouflaged test vechicles are already seen in the outskirts of Pune. They will test it throughly till 2019 like they did with mHawk and mEagle.

Traction control, EBD etc will come afterwards.

Last edited by agbenny : 9th March 2009 at 21:33.
Old 10th March 2009, 09:39   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Any idea what kind of discounts will be doled out on the Old look Scorpio with the Mhawk + ABS? If thats sold lower than the SLE Mhawk, then its a superb buy. The interiors are the damn same, and I dont care for the front change.

Wise decision if the discounts are good. You'll end up with a way better looking grille as well
Old 10th March 2009, 10:21   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

What if everyone thinks on same line and the demand of VLS ( mhawk + ABS) is more . dealers will charge premium rather then giving discounts ?
Old 10th March 2009, 10:35   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
What if everyone thinks on same line and the demand of VLS ( mhawk + ABS) is more . dealers will charge premium rather then giving discounts ?
That is true...lets see, I am waiting for the damn dealers to ring me back...I visited the Sireesh Motors stockyard on Saturday and found quite a few old-look Mhawks sitting there not delivered...
Old 10th March 2009, 11:44   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are yet to learn that technology!. Their engineers are studying about Airbag technology in house, and their new SUV, with their all new Engine mVelociraptor will come up with Dual Airbags in 2019. There are Camouflaged test vechicles are already seen in the outskirts of Pune. They will test it throughly till 2019 like they did with mHawk and mEagle.

Traction control, EBD etc will come afterwards.
Agbenny, I really found that funny enough to be laughing loud! You better patent that name before M&M takes it. After all the testing you will still get 'walrus inspired gold teeth'(instead of chrome teeth of late 2009!!)!! Product improvisation!! I must say!!
Old 10th March 2009, 11:57   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
After all the testing you will still get 'walrus inspired gold teeth'(instead of chrome teeth of late 2009!!)!! Product improvisation!! I must say!!
I suppose the gold tooth would be a feature on the 'limited' edition. Whoever okay-ed the tooth idea, i wonder?!
Old 10th March 2009, 18:54   #194
BHPian

Has anybody read the brochure? Its hilarious!

One 'priceless' quote:

Road armour bumpers
The Scorpio’s new bumpers remind you of the armour on a gladiator. They’re toughened,
to defend the body. And tailored to demean other cars.

LOL... funny.
Old 10th March 2009, 20:02   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Agbenny, I really found that funny enough to be laughing loud! You better patent that name before M&M takes it. After all the testing you will still get 'walrus inspired gold teeth'(instead of chrome teeth of late 2009!!)!! Product improvisation!! I must say!!
I am trying to attract them to notice this Airbag issue. How wried to to release an SUV without Airbags for such a price tag. If they try they can do that certainly, for reasons unknown M&M is yet to answer the Airbag needs.

This is the only good looking SUV to me, for an Indian, and we can surly be proud to have the vehicle like this built in house, while I see nothing fancy on the looks for certain high priced SUVs offered from Ford, Suzuki, Hyundai and Mitsubishi.

There was no Alloy wheels earlier, and then it was offered. There was no ABS, and then it was offered, like this way we can expect it to come Airbags.

I believe it is the only important feature missing now. , instead they are offering Cruise control, Walrus inspired Gold Tooth, Rhino inspired bumper etc.

Last edited by agbenny : 10th March 2009 at 20:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks