Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 22:16   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Mhawk lx is available for the price you mentioned. Mhawk 4wd is now available according to the brochure from the website. Go td at the showroom! 4wd will obviously be available on order.
Old 11th March 2009, 22:20   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Just checking something I saw on the Scorpio website.
The base version scorpio now comes with the mHawk engine for 716500 Ex showroom. Is that true? It may be an error for all we know. The pricing looks too good to be true, hence the doubts.

There was talk on this thread about price cuts, but I didnt find any specific posts about the base version at this price with the lovely mHawk engine.
Can someone clarify? I hate going to that particular showroom but will have to soon for a mHawk TD if this news is confirmed.

And, is it safe to assume that the suspension setup changes that were applied to the higher end mHawk has been retained in the base version also?

What about the 4WD rumours for the mHawk? How long will that take? I can afford to wait another year before looking at a new car.
The news is Indeed true. With the new Scorpio they have actually brought down price while making the mHawk engine standard on every variant.
Old 11th March 2009, 22:31   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Just checking something I saw on the Scorpio website.
The base version scorpio now comes with the mHawk engine for 716500 Ex showroom. Is that true? It may be an error for all we know. The pricing looks too good to be true, hence the doubts.

There was talk on this thread about price cuts, but I didnt find any specific posts about the base version at this price with the lovely mHawk engine.
Can someone clarify? I hate going to that particular showroom but will have to soon for a mHawk TD if this news is confirmed.

And, is it safe to assume that the suspension setup changes that were applied to the higher end mHawk has been retained in the base version also?

What about the 4WD rumours for the mHawk? How long will that take? I can afford to wait another year before looking at a new car.
yes, LX is available with the mHawk engine at that price & it has been discussed before in this thread. see post #158, #159 or #164.

yes, the suspension setup of the VLX mHawk will be retained in the LX as the mHawk engine is very much lighter than the CRDe, so suspension changes are but obvious.
Old 11th March 2009, 23:05   #214
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Go td at the showroom! 4wd will obviously be available on order.
Will do! Have to start thinking about how to deal with that snooty salesman there who seems to hold a personal vendetta against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, LX is available with the mHawk engine at that price & it has been discussed before in this thread. see post #158, #159 or #164.
Thanks for that. went back and checked the posts.

So, my understanding is, that the LX can be ordered with 4WD. If I can stretch my budget. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm glad mahindra repriced the scorpio and put it back in contention.

Old 11th March 2009, 23:16   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not sure if mahindra will allow you to order an lx 4wd. Knowing these guys they might push you to go for the highest variant with all the electronic crap plus 4wd. But do check with the showroom and post back.
Old 12th March 2009, 10:34   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
On the Airbags in Scorpio Issue, I have written/spoken to M&M people upto their senior ups from last 3 years atleast!
I had a discussion with them recently and the update is that the 2010 or later Scorpio is being modified to take care of the airbags. As this involves the M&M to replace the current Dashboard design with a new one.
My feeling is that M&M is driven by the OEM suppliers to a large extent in their car designs to keep the costs low. So any changes to the dyes(plastic or metal) would mean new cost from the OEM!!
I might be wrong...but still miss the airbags in my mHawk!!
Also, from a market positioning perspective- M&M hardly has any trouble as the model sells!! So, who would want to invest on a selling model? my 2 cents!
So, I will not write/ask about 'that missing one' till 2010, I will wait and watch, But going to check the new variant in a day or two. :-)
Old 12th March 2009, 11:17   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
I completely fail to understand, why cant Mahindra offer Airbags?? I am sure it can not be a cost factor. It has to do something with the dashboard design.

no no. its not a cost issue. the management was once asked the same question. when the m hawk was launched in press conference. he replied that there was an ongoing R&D development program for airbags. in short they are working on airbags. he admitted that it was one of the companies shortcoming and work is going on to provide airbags in future.

its not a cost issue. its R&D and indigenous research issue. but i am also baffled. this was long time back. they must have put airbags in Scorpio at top end version.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:39   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, I will not write/ask about 'that missing one' till 2010, I will wait and watch, But going to check the new variant in a day or two. :-)
Agbenny, I wish they do it before 2010> I would love to be proved wrong on the above for once!!
Old 13th March 2009, 16:11   #219
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new varient, I still prefer the looks of my "old" model mHawk.
Specially the toothy Xylo like grill.

The front bumber & the fog lamps look better, now they have reinforced the skirt in the Bumper. Other things apart from the Scorpio logo in the cladding, cosmetic scoop, electric OVRM's (only the glass moves not the entire assembly) and the gear shift remain the same.

The best thing about the New Scorpio is the price I should have waited 6 months.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Old 15th March 2009, 00:31   #220
BHPian

IMO the cool thing about the new scorpio is the front grill with new zooming out headlamp and fog lamps.But they could have kept the old grill as it is without changing it to the dead looking grill in Xylo.

May be some of the mahindra ad makers contributed to the making of that grill.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:13   #221
BHPian

Interior Colors

I just tried to book a VLX AT in Fiery Black (exterior).

After repeatedly being told that it's available with both Beige and Black interiors, I found out that it’s only available with Black interiors when I’m about to hand over the cheque.

In fact, Rocky Beige (exterior) is the only shade that is paired with the Beige interior. Considering that all the promotional material (brochure/website) show only the beige interior, I find it a bit odd that they only offer it in 1 out of 7 exterior colors.

Since I hadn't seen a post facelift Black interior, (the only time I’ve seen the Black interior is over a year ago, so the memory is pretty faint) I decided not too book the vehicle and wait until the dealer received a post facelift VLX with Black interiors that I could view (a further 7-10 day wait :( ).

Does anyone know if the dealer's information is accurate?

The salesperson called his contact in M&M in front of me and confirmed the info, but I would trust the information I receive on Team-BHP more.

Also, does anyone have pictures of a post facelift VLX with Black interiors? I have seen the pictures on the 'other' auto site, but they don't give me a good idea of what it looks like.

Thanks
Old 18th March 2009, 23:25   #222
BHPian

The Black VLX - new which i have seen is a dual colour model with its cladding in a silver colour. The seats are of fabric & are black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarty View Post
I just tried to book a VLX AT in Fiery Black (exterior).

After repeatedly being told that it's available with both Beige and Black interiors, I found out that it’s only available with Black interiors when I’m about to hand over the cheque.

In fact, Rocky Beige (exterior) is the only shade that is paired with the Beige interior. Considering that all the promotional material (brochure/website) show only the beige interior, I find it a bit odd that they only offer it in 1 out of 7 exterior colors.

Since I hadn't seen a post facelift Black interior, (the only time I’ve seen the Black interior is over a year ago, so the memory is pretty faint) I decided not too book the vehicle and wait until the dealer received a post facelift VLX with Black interiors that I could view (a further 7-10 day wait :( ).

Does anyone know if the dealer's information is accurate?

The salesperson called his contact in M&M in front of me and confirmed the info, but I would trust the information I receive on Team-BHP more.

Also, does anyone have pictures of a post facelift VLX with Black interiors? I have seen the pictures on the 'other' auto site, but they don't give me a good idea of what it looks like.

Thanks
Old 19th March 2009, 00:02   #223
BHPian

That is a new twist, both the brochure and website show a single tone Fiery Black.

Did the dual tone paint job look good?
Old 19th March 2009, 09:56   #224
BHPian

I didnt like the black dual tone, but there was a purple dual tone which was good. Only white was in a complete white single colour .
Old 19th March 2009, 12:15   #225
Senior - BHPian

Any TD reports?
How is the middle row comfort and Brakes?

In general, is that true that Scorpio brakes are unreliable at top speeds? What is the max speed you achieved?

Most Viewed