Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 16:07   #226
Senior - BHPian

is there any confirmation with pictures to be seen for new scorpio's interior parts are concerned??
Old 24th March 2009, 01:39   #227
BHPian

I was not able to take TD of the refreshed scorpio however found out following.
1. 7 seater is spacious. 2 Only SLE & Rocky Beige VLX have Tan & beige interiors all other VLX has black allure interiors. 3. The cladding colours for SLE & VLX are eithe mist silver or soft gold for all colours except Diamond white. 4. LX does not have any cladding and interiors are in new grey.
Old 24th March 2009, 09:56   #228
BHPian

I managed to drive a post facelift VLX MT. The exterior was white and the interior black. The black interior isn't too bad, though the beige in the brochure looks better.

The only difference is that I was told that the black VLX would be single tone. I was trying to decide between white and black, if the black is two-tone then I’ll probably stick to white.

Both dealers, Silver Jubilee earlier and Sahyadri this time, brought demo vehicles with the speedometer connected. Hopefully this is a sign that they don't use customer vehicles for test drives.

I was told that I need to pay 50,000/- at the time of booking and the actual price would be decided at the time of delivery, based on prevailing prices. Is this accurate?

Thanks
Old 24th March 2009, 10:53   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

1. 50,000 booking advance is bogus. I paid 10k. Stick to that.
2. Prevailing prices? What do they mean? You should hold them to the prices when you booked the vehicle. Otherwise you are eligible to cancel the booking at the time of delivery of the prices change. Is it not?

I am going to have a word with my dealer and ensure I get this in some form of writing. I remember reading the fine print on the booking form that the prices prevailing at the time of vehicle delivery will be enforced.

What I am worried about is that Post March 31st, will prices increase? I understand that the Govt's CENVAT cut could go for a toss post March 31st.
Old 25th March 2009, 10:08   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I remember reading the fine print on the booking form that the prices prevailing at the time of vehicle delivery will be enforced.

What I am worried about is that Post March 31st, will prices increase? I understand that the Govt's CENVAT cut could go for a toss post March 31st.

Unfortunately, this is true, the prices prevailing at the time of delivery needs to be paid. You can hope Mahindra doesnt increase its car prices after 31st March.

Any other BHPian paid at old price at delivery ?
Old 25th March 2009, 18:24   #231
Senior - BHPian

I Have a VLX (Sep '08), I have done 145+ (the car was willing to go more, but I decided to call it quits).

Middle row seat comfort is good (thats what my family / frnds tell me), i have not had a chance to enjoy the middle row drive.

The last row front facing is meant for kids only, and is bumpy.

The Brakes (with ABS) are excellent, I have come to a dead stop from nearly 120 without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any TD reports?
How is the middle row comfort and Brakes?

In general, is that true that Scorpio brakes are unreliable at top speeds? What is the max speed you achieved?
Old 29th March 2009, 13:51   #232
BHPian

Hello All,

I am talking to the M&M dealer at Hyderabad for the new Scorpio that I am interested to purchase. My interest is in the VLX version with BS4. He mentioned that BS4 will take time for delivery (atleast 1 month from booking).

Can anyone please help me with the difference of BS3 and BS4? Also BS4 is costlier by Rs. 10000.

Also the dealer mantioned a discount of Rs. 12500 (Corporate discount Rs. 7500 and incidental charges waived worth Rs. 5000) on the on-road price. Please let me know if other dealers are providing better deals on the VLX MT (diamond white is my choice of exterior, not sure what interior it comes with).

Find attached the detailed pricelist. Please ignore the Standard Fitment prices as those are extra and needs to be deducted from the total on-road price.

Thanks,
Sudipta
Attached Files
File Type: xls SCORPIO REFRESH.xls (636.5 KB, 476 views)
Old 29th March 2009, 15:05   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Something wrong here...I believe the standard warranty is 2 years + 50k kms and the extended is an additional 2 years and another 50k kms (bringing the total upto 4 years and 100k).

Why have they put the standard as extended? Furthermore, the only real discount is 7.5k for the corporate discount - the incidental charges is the bribe they take to get your car registered. If you do it yourself, you will save a LOT more than that 5k. And take insurance externally from a third party directly.

The only difference between BS3 and BS4 is that BS4 will be confirming to new pollution standards (and thus slightly that much more fuel efficient). I would say, save the 10G and go for BS3.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:20   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only difference between BS3 and BS4 is that BS4 will be confirming to new pollution standards (and thus slightly that much more fuel efficient). I would say, save the 10G and go for BS3.
i would say care for mother nature & go for the BS4. 10 G is not a big amount when you are investing almost 9 lakhs.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:45   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Then buy a reva man!
Old 29th March 2009, 21:14   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Then buy a reva man!
problem is the coal based power plant needed to produce electricity to charge the reva will cause more pollution and harm to the enviornment
Old 30th March 2009, 12:42   #237
BHPian

@ Sudipta

If you have 70% of City drive than it maked more of sense to go for BS IV and If you have other way round than there is no point going in for BS IV.

Now you calculate according to your needs!
Old 30th March 2009, 15:56   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then buy a reva man!
if reva can handle rough like the scorpio, seat 8 people and give me reasonable comfort & image, than why not?

infact you should have suggested the civic hybrid, still understandable!
Old 30th March 2009, 16:25   #239
BHPian

Mine will be around 70% city drive....so I would like to go for the BS 4 option. But the dealer is giving me a hard time with the delivery. He is asking for a month and I need to get that before 14th April at any cost.

Any one having good contact at Mahindra to help me make this happen will be of great help.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:33   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
if reva can handle rough like the scorpio, seat 8 people and give me reasonable comfort & image, than why not?

infact you should have suggested the civic hybrid, still understandable!
Believe me, that perspective of having a car for image/status because its a big gas guzzler is going to change the next time Oil hits 200US a barrel, and the way the US economy is going about bailing everyone out - its going to happen very soon indeed.

And its not far off that India will put in place a differential pricing regime for Diesel. This honeymoon of lower diesel prices to boost the commercial economy is going to come to an end. But we are going absolutely - let the discussions get back on BS3 or BS4!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks