Team-BHP - After facelifted Innova; now facelifted Scorpio (launched!)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   After facelifted Innova; now facelifted Scorpio (launched!) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52541-after-facelifted-innova-now-facelifted-scorpio-launched.html)

just spotted this on autocarindia
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
they say it will only be available in 2.2 mHawk. 2.6 Crde will be discontinued.
any clues?
EDIT: PICS ADDED

Oh great! Now they have ruined the Scorp as well, with that silver tooth fascination of theirs!

Hasnt someone told them as yet that it looks ugly? :Frustrati

First they create Xylo.
then they create or lift off the grill and put it on the scorpiolol:

From the pictures on the ACI website, there seems to be changes in Front Bumper, Projection Headlights, OVRMs. All of them are looking pretty neat.

I think mHawk and mEagle are going to become their flagship engine line-ups. I guess, M&M would want to move the CRDe to Bolero.

So, the new scorp has gifted some features from Xylo. The front chrome diaper grill, the electronic(iam guessing here)oRVMS etc. Also the bumpers and Side claddings are new.
M&M has all the will in the world to do anything to scoprio(the working horse, yet!!)

looks like it finally has the much needed electical side view mirrors

People will soon start selling old scorpio grills and make money.

The bumper looks good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1146470)
Hasnt someone told them as yet that it looks ugly? :Frustrati

Agreed. but not as "good" (read ugly) as Xylo. Xylo wins hands on in this.

Seems like the fog lamps is taken from safari.

Looks very much like the Hyundai Terracan now. anyway better than the current look !

will it be called the mpeacock ?

The aliens are coming, and everything without the sign of the Silver Tooth will be vaporized.....
You have been warned!

please god, do not let mahindra change the naked door hinges on the rear door.
that would surely be going too far with innovation by mahindra's standard.

the are ruining it.. hope they put LED tail lamps on this one.

I believe the central silver tooth is not an obsession but a legal copy right violation to distinguish from Chrysler liberty jeep! I remember M&M had specific grilling by Chrysler on the grill & tail lamp violation!

New scorpio front looks better with baralled head lights, synchronising front bumper with oblong fog lamps but what about the butt lift of Scorpio!

Providing mHawk with A/T on base+ mid range models will increase sales. As A/T will draw more people to buy M&M cars rather than Cruise/rain sensor/Tyre pressure monitoring/Auto lights on features.

Come on M&M provide mHawk with A/T as an option across all models of Scorpio / Xylo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1146534)
Looks very much like the Hyundai Terracan now. anyway better than the current look !

will it be called the mpeacock ?

The Scorpio looks less and less butch as the years go by. The first gen Scorpios look the 'butchest'.

I guess this will be called mHen.:D

This is what I browsed upon.
Source :
Mahindra to launch new Scorpio | Vicky blog | Indian Automobile blog

Article :
Quote:

Mahindra which tops the headlines with the launch of Xylo is heading another big launch. When a reporter quipped Mr.Pawan Goenka, President Automotive Sector, Mahindra and Mahindra, Will Mahindra phase out scorpio as the machine flying around for almost 7 years, He replied why should we? when scorpio sales are still going strong.

Mahindra which launched the scorpio in 2002 has constantly upgraded the product to make it contemporary. In 2006, Mahindra added plush seats and rear centre arm rest and dual tone exterior colour. In 2007, Mahindra fitted advanced m_Hawk engine under the hood of scorpio. In 2008, Scorpio got automatic transmission. Mahindra also launched cheaper M2DI variant of scorpio to cater to the needs of rural customer and expand the product’s reach. We are happy to inform you, Scorpio is due for a facelift again in 2009. The all new scorpio will get styling changes both inside and outside the car. Oval shapes will be replace by razor sharp edges. The new scorpio will have a completely different front profile. A new bumper and a headlamp will give a refreshed appeal to the car. New stickers on the body panels will tell you this is a new scorpio. Mahindra is also said to be further fine tuned the suspension of scorpio for better handling chracteristics. Regarding the powertrain, the 2.6L CRDe will be phased out and the superior m_Hawk engine will replace it. Currently the m_hawk contributes for 40% sales of scorpio. The new facelifted scorpio will replace all the existing variants of scorpio - from M2DI to top end m_hawk Automatic variant. Though we expect a marginal increase in prices for the new scorpio, reliable sources tells us there will not be any price change. Also, we learnt that the new scorpio is ready to hit the market as early as March 2009 but we have to wait when Mahindra takes a call.
I am not sure whether to trust this source or not, but I think Mahindra is definitely doing something new with Scorpio. I hope the new Scorpio will be based on Xylo and changes made to powertrain with the availability of 4X4.