Team-BHP - ALL RISE! Toyota Landcruiser coming to India EDIT: Launched at 81 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   ALL RISE! Toyota Landcruiser coming to India EDIT: Launched at 81 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52643-all-rise-toyota-landcruiser-coming-india-edit-launched-81-lakhs.html)

*Gulp* According to TOI, a senior official of Toyota India commented yesterday that they plan to bring in the Landcruiser this year. It will be imported as a CBU while the engine on offer will be a diesel. 4.5 liter 300 BHP diesel clap:. Travelling cross country just got better!

They also plan to build the Camry locally (read : taking the Accord head-on).

Wow ! Great news indeed !

Guess this will be competing with the Montero, right?

I read the article tooclap:
The bollywood badshahs might be rejoicing. Its going to be the next most aspiratoinal vehicle, something you buy and settle down with, something you graduate to.

Hope they get the pricing right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1149136)
They also plan to build the Camry locally (read : taking the Accord head-on).

This was really needed.

Now the politicians have no excuse to access the rural areas

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheARUN (Post 1149144)
[*]The LANDCRUISER is coming with 100% duty and will retail for 40 lakhs (which means the actual cost would be 20 lakhs:Frustrati)

I'd say the LC will retail at 60 lakhs OTR. I only hope Toyota doesn't do a Fortuner on this and launches it in year 2045!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 1149140)
Guess this will be competing with the Montero, right?

The Landcruiser has grown over the years, and is now much larger / premium than the Montero. It is the smaller Prado that is direct competition to the Montero.

I doubt land cruiser will come to India, definately not in 2009. Its on TOI anyway - rumour god.

The only last reason we may see it here is because of demand crash in other countries, leading to some over supply - hence Indians making up for it.

And yes, it cant be 40L, it is sold for 50L+ all over the world. Good that the pricing is high, we dont want every Munnu and Chunnu driving around on already overcrowded road.

Promising plans, but going by Toyota's track record it might be a while. Good to see them waking up finally as the local import dealers took away a chunk of their business by importing LCs over the past few years.

Good news for SUV lovers!

But, being a Toyota and it coming as CBU, it will be priced super-premium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1149136)
*Gulp* According to TOI, a senior official of Toyota India commented yesterday that they plan to bring in the Landcruiser this year. It will be imported as a CBU while the engine on offer will be a diesel. 4.5 liter 300 BHP diesel clap:. Travelling cross country just got better!

Boy oh boy that is sweet music to my ears. The world's finest offroader and finally in India! Now we are talking serious machinery :D

Great news. But yes 40L looks very unrealistic.

Read the news in the TOI. This was really the need from Toyota. The Prado hasnt set the sales chart on fire, for one its offered only in a 4 litre petrol version. Since the Prado retails at around 50 lakhs, this will be sold at a higher price but I feel it is money well spent. The Landcruiser is huge, is a great offroader, has a fantastic track record accross the globe, reliable as hell (read Japanese) and to top it all will surely be easy on the pocket than its European counterparts in terms of maintenence.

Good move by Toyota and +1 to the locally made Camry. Will surely take away sales from the Accord.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1149206)
Great news. But yes 40L looks very unrealistic.

My friend just bought the V8 diesel at 92 lakhs. I reckon it would be closer to 75 for the same if imported directly by Toyota

I agree with all the folks here who say its not gng to be 40 L .. its probably gng to be priced above 60L. if 40 L for LC then I feel Prado should be reduced to 25L which wont happen.

Today's edition of Et has some write-up on the same and there also mention of small car launch , hope they launch Yaris hatch this year and it also mentioned that facelifted Innova was launched y'day any pics .