Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:38   #16

Re: Registration expiry and re-registration/renewal process

I am planning to purchase an out of state car which is 13 years old and would transfer registration to AP. Will I have to renew it again in 2 years (15 year life) or can I at the time of transfer, renew simultaneously for 5 years?
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I am planning to purchase an out of state car which is 13 years old and would transfer registration to AP. Will I have to renew it again in 2 years (15 year life) or can I at the time of transfer, renew simultaneously for 5 years?
Inter state transfer of car and re-registration process is very tedious and time consuming. Try if you can find the car you are looking for in the same state you reside. You will only be able to renew after 15 years are completed and not before.
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:53   #18
BHPian

Hi ,

I am planning to buy a RX and restore it. Before investing into it just wanted to clarify are there any complications in renewing the registration of RX being a 2 stroke. Seems the pollution norm are a bit stringent now. Any body with difficult situations ?
Old 10th July 2014, 18:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi All;

A friend is looking forward to Sell his 1997 Year 4 wheeler.RC expired in 2012,and has not been renewed.Is it possible to obtain the NOC from RTO without having re fitness test done;so that the new registering authority can re issue the fitness certificate and a new RC?
Old 16th September 2014, 16:17   #20
BHPian

Resurrecting this thread, I have an eye on a 1988 RX100 which was restored recently and i took it for a spin today and the feeling was out of this world. The bike is already 26 years young! The fitness certificate was given after 15 years and the next is due in 4 years.

The question I have is, is it worth investing/buying the bike now? The condition the bike is in, will easily run for the next 10 years...Folks please chip in with your opinions. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2014, 19:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
1988 RX100 which was restored recently
is it worth investing/buying the bike now?
You made a wrong post man. By this time you should have posted the ownership review. Yamaha RX (that too the early batch of RX100) is a gem of all bikes that were launched in India.

What is the intention of this particular purchase? If you need a trouble free & fuel efficient bike, RX isn't the choice. On the other hand if you need a simple machine with raw power & performance, go and get it with closed eyes.

PS: your post is a couple of months old, any updates?
Old 18th November 2015, 13:33   #22
BANNED

Dear All,

I'm looking to get myself a used superbike from another state. I see lot of good options in Delhi. I'm in Chennai.

what is the procedure to get a used bike from another state.

Any help here is appreciated.

Regards,
Venky.
Old 8th March 2016, 10:03   #23
BHPian

Hi all. Some assistance required. My dad's 48 year old honda bike registration expired 3 years ago. Last registration was done at Aurangabad RTO. However the bike is going to be permanently in Pune. Insurance has been kept up to date and is still valid. Bike runs perfectly. Please advise what is the procedure to renew registration. Also can the whole procedure be done at Pune RTO without having to visit Aurangabad RTO?

Thanks and Best Regards
Old 10th March 2016, 23:37   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Please advise what is the procedure to renew registration. Also can the whole procedure be done at Pune RTO without having to visit Aurangabad RTO?
I'm just giving an outline for Fitness test
Documentation part:
- Should have a valid Insurance
- (In your case) NOC from current registration RTO
- Pollution Certificate
- Original RC

Physical Condition:
- Aesthetically & mechanically in good condition
- All lamps and horn in working condition
- No (serious) modification
Old 1st April 2016, 16:46   #25
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I have a 1996 make Yamaha RXG (registered in Pune). The bike is in pretty good condition with the exception of the electrical system (I need to get the entire wiring, battery and the related parts replaced).
I was under the impression that the registration certificate of the vehicle is valid for a period of 20 years and hence was thinking of renewing it in the current year.
It was when I went through the posts on this thread that I realized that the renewal of my bike's registration has been pending for the last 5 years!
My mechanic advised me to get it renewed immediately failing which the bike may be impounded by the traffic police if they were to inspect the registration certificate.
Can something like this actually happen? I am a bit skeptical to even take my bike to the RTO now.
Any advice on this will be helpful.
Old 1st April 2016, 19:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
It was when I went through the posts on this thread that I realized that the renewal of my bike's registration has been pending for the last 5 years!
My mechanic advised me to get it renewed immediately failing which the bike may be impounded by the traffic police if they were to inspect the registration certificate.
Can something like this actually happen? I am a bit skeptical to even take my bike to the RTO now.
Any advice on this will be helpful.
They do have standing instructions to impound any vehicle > 15 years old and without re-registration and fitness certificate, about this I am sure.

Though you can still take the bike to the RTO for the re-registration and there should not be any issue with that. In fact they will inspect the bike before issuing the certificate and hence, you will have to take it there.

There is some penalty of 3 or 5k for delay in registration I guess.

Do update this thread if and when you are done with the registration, for I am also keen on restoring my scooter which is already 15+ years old now.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 15:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
They do have standing instructions to impound any vehicle > 15 years old and without re-registration and fitness certificate, about this I am sure.
Thanks Vinit, will keep you posted on any developments. I will have to get my bikes electrical system up and running to make my bike presentable at the RTO.
Speaking about the electrical system, does not having a working battery / proper electrical system affect the spark plug performance?

Last edited by ampere : 4th April 2016 at 15:35. Reason: Reduced quoted content
Old 26th April 2016, 23:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

My i20 is turning 5 next month. The registration is expiring on 12 May 2016 and I am already dreading the trip I have to make to the RTO.

Can someone please explain the current procedure to get the job done, time it takes and the amount of tax (approx) I have to pay.

My car is registered in Kolkata but I believe the rules are identical for almost all RTOs.
Old 26th April 2016, 23:30   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys!
My i20 is turning 5 next month. The registration is expiring on 12 May 2016 and I am already dreading the trip I have to make to the RTO. Can someone please explain the current procedure to get the job done, time it takes and the amount of tax (approx) I have to pay.
My car is registered in Kolkata but I believe the rules are identical for almost all RTOs.
Registration is valid for 15 years. It is probably the road tax which is due as WB has a system, rather an option to pay 5 yearly road tax.

For the amount, it should be approximately the same as your last tax paid. That should be mentioned on the tax token with you. Visit the RTO once; and if you feel the need of an agent, you may get in touch with one. IMO, it should not be much of a hassle.

Last edited by saket77 : 26th April 2016 at 23:34.
Old 26th April 2016, 23:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Registration is valid for 15 years. It is probably the road tax which is due as WB has a system, rather an option to pay 5 yearly road tax.

For the amount, it should be approximately the same as your last tax paid. That should be mentioned on the tax token with you. Visit the RTO once; and if you feel the need of an agent, you may get in touch with one. IMO, it should not be much of a hassle.
My bad. Yes it is the road tax. Any idea within what time after expiry I should pay the tax ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks