Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2005, 16:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

I meant Hyundai India. Lol.

Revv
Old 6th May 2005, 02:18   #17
BHPian

Hyundai's Future ??!!

Within a span of 10 months (i guess) , Hyundai has launched 3 new vehicles in india and 2 more are expected anytime now ,but are they really surving the purpose ??!!

The Getz , though is an excellent vehicle but i think days are numbered as Swift is just round the corner .

The accent , Already looks outdated , we 've been seeing this model for dont know how many years now , the latest design should be here ASAP.

The Elentra , Again a beautiful machine , does everything very right and is better than its rivals in few things but i wish i could say the same for its looks !

The Sonata(current) , Need i say anything about this cheap ,boring machine .

The Tucson , Latest offering from Hyundai and clearly shows that Hyundai can make and does make preety decent cars , but how can they even think of pricing it close to CR-V , but now when they 've , a blunder which they 've to pay sooner than later .

The Terracan , again a sky high priced SUV , no way near being called as a VFM and sales chart does show that .

The NEW Hyundai sonata , Dont know much about this car but If they (dare) price close to the accord (the way they did with the Tucson , pricing it just under Cr-v ) then god saves them !!!

The Coupe(expected this year) , IMO , such market in india doesen't exist and if it does then i am not sure how many of us would like to buy a Hyundai at that price .

Now, we are left only with their bread and butter model , the Santro but dont know for how long as it will soon be facing stiff comptetion from number of other small cars , ready to be launched this year .

Well , that makes me think what future does Hyundai hold in india !! I mean way back when the sonata was launched , Hyundai were celebrating like anything(very rightly so) as they were the leaders (sales) in each and every respective segments they were in (just what honda is now) .

IMO , if it continues the way it is , the day is not far when Hyundai would be packing their bags because they 've been surviving in india mainly coz of the VFM factor but lately they are getting it all wrong or the other way of survival is , simply concentrate enough on Exports .....
Old 6th May 2005, 03:41   #18

you know what i think korean cars are crap.only reason people prefer to buy them is because they are cheap..
Old 6th May 2005, 04:49   #19

If we look at the ratio,we can see hyundai cars atleast in 5:1ratio........ie if 5cars pass by(diffe manufacturer) the sixth car is obviously the Hyundai....Santro has captured the market and according to the latest company issues,the xing is back in demand....
Old 6th May 2005, 04:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Moderator Note: Threads merged. Discussion can continue here.
Old 6th May 2005, 09:50   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Product wise - Hyundai may not be in as much trouble as made out to be. They have a couple up their sleeves :

1. The new Accent has already been launched globally, and Hyundai India has sometimes been very fast in launching Indian versions within weeks of their International launch. We all agree that this car seems to look pretty contemporary and offers fabulous room inside.

2. The Santro is due for an entirely new generation by 2007. Thats about 1.5 years from now. Dont expect it to look as quirky as the current gen if Hyundais new designs are anything to go by. A big +++ is that the new Santro will be engineered to accomodate a 1.1 liter CRDi engine from day one.

3. They are aggressively looking at the MUV market, and if theres anyone who can match the Toyota Innova / Chevy Tavera for the quality : rupee ratio - Its Hyundai not Tata and Mahindra. Period.

Except for the Accent, I dont think any of their mainstream products are outdated compared to what the competition has to offer (Santro).

But their real strength is the brand value that they have built in India in less than a decade. Image, trust and perceived quality count a lot in the market place.

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks