Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 16:20   #31
BHPian

damm! can't believe i missed this thread sounds like fun!! best of luck guys!
Old 15th February 2009, 14:21   #32
BANNED

Went for the test on Friday.

I didn't like the simulator. Even a pro in NFS cannot drive well that simulator at first go because the brakes were quite hard and non-PS steering derived from Alto was having more play than Alto's !

Also the roads are not of India, they belong to Europe !

Banged to a Esteem after 3 mins and stopped the business...

In a nutshell : Another corporate marketing gimmick !
Old 16th February 2009, 11:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

i was through the test on friday. initially i found the simulator weird. in the practice session the engine died on the first gear. the next time i revved hard to keep the pace. the simulators engine and all other parameters are so unreal.
but in the final session i got through all the passes narrow lanes etc etc without any hitch. basically they were testing your patience and traffic sense.
the autocar person also asked me to stop the car on incline and asked me to move again where there was a truck right behind me. without the car coming back even a bit on the incline you had to move it forward. thankfully the simulator wasnt able to fool me.
the main thing was reaching the destination within 10 minutes. i got there in 9.56 min.

after this on saturday i got a call from them again asking all my details, license number DOB, adress etc. now i dont know what this was for.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

I didn't like the simulator. Even a pro in NFS cannot drive well that simulator at first go because the brakes were quite hard and non-PS steering derived from Alto was having more play than Alto's !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i was through the test on friday. initially i found the simulator weird. in the practice session the engine died on the first gear. the next time i revved hard to keep the pace. the simulators engine and all other parameters are so unreal.
but in the final session i got through all the passes narrow lanes etc etc without any hitch. basically they were testing your patience and traffic sense.
the autocar person also asked me to stop the car on incline and asked me to move again where there was a truck right behind me. without the car coming back even a bit on the incline you had to move it forward. thankfully the simulator wasnt able to fool me.
the main thing was reaching the destination within 10 minutes. i got there in 9.56 min.

after this on saturday i got a call from them again asking all my details, license number DOB, adress etc. now i dont know what this was for.

I was informed that the stimulator was based on Alto but the Gear lever has so much play, the steering not too responsive, I banged into a divider, car stalled at the incline etc, something which It would never happen in my real car. the only positive point was I managed to brake on time when a lady came in front of me JLT and it was a near miss according to the instructor.

@ amit, did they not take the details of license and all when you went for the test?

Mansi
Old 16th February 2009, 14:39   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

The roads have been based upon certain roads in Delhi.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 16th February 2009 at 14:43.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
I was informed that the stimulator was based on Alto but the Gear lever has so much play, the steering not too responsive, I banged into a divider, car stalled at the incline etc, something which It would never happen in my real car. the only positive point was I managed to brake on time when a lady came in front of me JLT and it was a near miss according to the instructor.

@ amit, did they not take the details of license and all when you went for the test?

Mansi
i can say the simulator was based on no car. no car will drive like this. the accelerator had no relation with the speed of the car. the steering was vague. and the gears were moving from north to south and east to west.
but i immediately got used to it in the practice session. i dint dash anywhere, and yes the lady who jumps right in front of you is horrible, luckily i saw her while jumping and i managed to brake.

they had taken all the details while giving the test, but again i received a call from mumbai autocar and they took the details again.
Old 17th February 2009, 21:41   #37
BHPian

I qualified for the 2nd round.. A girl called me this noon asking details and informed me about the place to go.

Any tips for the 2nd round guys??

Last edited by GTO : 18th February 2009 at 12:36. Reason: Keep your flirting experiences off the forum please
Old 18th February 2009, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys---I mean those who've already gone through the second round---how did you get information of the venue,date and time of the 2nd round?
My son got an sms that he qualified for 2nd round a week ago, but has not got any details after that.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:33   #39
BHPian

Did anyone receive any call for the 3rd and final round. ??
Old 25th February 2009, 17:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Did anyone receive any call for the 3rd and final round. ??
bump - any updates?
the 3rd round is supposed to be in delhi right?
Old 25th February 2009, 19:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

i think if at all anyone is selected they will start calling us after 28th. after the second round i just received a call from them for my address and other details.
Old 25th February 2009, 19:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

on their website, they've mentioned that they would intimate the finalists by 25th Feb.I haven't received any call yet!
Old 28th February 2009, 12:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

hasnt anyone made it to the final round?
Old 28th February 2009, 15:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

well i didn't make it.Sigh!
Old 17th February 2010, 12:32   #45
BHPian

Just gave the first round. Did not do all that well. Maybe I will re-appear for the online test, lets see..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks