Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki - Autocar Young Driver 2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki - Autocar Young Driver 2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/52722-maruti-suzuki-autocar-young-driver-2009-a.html)

Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India have launched a nationwide search for India's best young driving talent. The winner will also become the ambassador for promoting safe driving in India through Maruti Suzuki and Autocar. This competition tests the competitors' knowledge of traffic rules, awareness of road safety along with their real-world driving skill. This contest is open to all individuals, between the age of 18 and 30, with a valid Indian driving license.

Read about it here.
Maruti Suzuki - Autocar Young Driver 2009

So, how many BHPians applying?

I was about to apply, but on the registration window, they asked for mobile number. Now I dont have any issue giving my mobile number for valid reasons. But I am sure this will be supplied for commercial purpose to many other institutions/individuals for their own marketing.

And what I seriously dont want is getting those " Spam " calls about confirmation and interests. Very, very irritating. And its not that this will stop after just one confirmation call. They are repetitive. I am not in this because of this single reason. My college supplies information and address to various other institiutions and their calls have till now made me almost mad.

I like the initiative of teaching about safety, but I also believe discipline being self-observed. Whatever one tries, till the individual is not observing self discipline, mostly the outcome of all these efforts will not be very good, but at the same they are tyring to take the lead in doing this.

The mobile number is for Autocar so you can be contacted in case of selection for the second round.

Drifter

I'm thinking about it. Might apply in the coming week.

Have attended the online quiz, lets see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1151688)

So, how many BHPians applying?

@ aditya,

are you applying ?

you will be fit in that age limit regardless actual age.:p

please, go ahead, i am sure, i will get winners party from you.[ cheers: no smilies]

No use. I'm so old that soon, a gear stick will be of no use to me. I'll need a walking stick.

i have already registered! let's hope i succeed to further rounds.

I just gave the internet test.
Inshallah I will qualify for the next round. Although what i am scared of is the simulator round:Shockked:.. cause i hav driven on a simulator before and it is very different from real world driving. It gives you no feel of the car at all. But lets hope for the best. :I Rule:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1151688)
Maruti Suzuki and Autocar India have launched a nationwide search for India's best young driving talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1152207)
No use. I'm so old that soon, a gear stick will be of no use to me. I'll need a walking stick.

Bhude log ka masti kar rahe ho?

I think it is great, I would love to apply and see if I can make the cut.

answers to the quiz any one? :D
took the test. thought it would be cake walk but some were a bit tough

got selected for round 2.

They have emailed me and asked to attend a simulator test between 12 – 23rd February 2009.

anyone has a clue of what to expect in the simulator test .
they also have a theory test on driving and road safety.

I qualified the first round!
Have the simulator round on the 13th.. Wish me luck!! Cheers!
Jai Kimi!:I Rule:

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadf00t (Post 1165232)
got selected for round 2.

They have emailed me and asked to attend a simulator test between 12 – 23rd February 2009.

anyone has a clue of what to expect in the simulator test .
they also have a theory test on driving and road safety.

I too got a call from them, have got selected for second round with 80 % marks in the first round. Have been called for the 2nd round on the 13th Feb at Maruti Driving School, Navi Mumbai.

What to expect from the test. Inputs would help, so Kindly pour your in suggestions.

Thanks

Mansi

Just got a call from the autocar. Have qualified for 2nd round scoring 84%. The 2nd round a stimulator round, at sanpada, new bombay on 13. From 10-11am. Not too sure would be able to make it. As have a meeting on that day. My bad luck. One who clears the 2nd round will be taken to Delhi for 3rd final round. Where the test would be on real driving, one who scores the most wins an A-star.

Manaa45: Hey Congrats. I was told that the stimulator test would be based on visual screens where 3 screeens will aid the view of the road. Driving will be something like playing those stimulator games. Driving time would be about 20mins. Now as far i remember had seen this in news about it, all I can say it's not gonna be that easy to drive on stimulator.

Here's the video on youtube about Maruti driving school.
YouTube - Maruti Driving School