Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 00:42   #61
BHPian

The Innvoa is about 2200 KGs, for its weight and size of the engine I think it does very well.. I am looking to buy a Innvoa myself
Old 6th July 2007, 13:03   #62
BHPian

Someone compared Innova with CRV!! Is there anyone here who has driven both ? Would you say the ride comfort is comparable or better in Innova than CRV costing so much more ?????? I don't mean space, just suspension and bad road handling...
Old 6th July 2007, 17:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Innvoa is about 2200 KGs, for its weight and size of the engine I think it does very well..
Its 1600kgs and with full load its going to be 2200kgs.

Also you cant compare a CRV with a Innova, since you can get 2 Innova's for the price of one CRV.
Old 6th July 2007, 17:18   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortfreak View Post
Someone compared Innova with CRV!! Is there anyone here who has driven both ? Would you say the ride comfort is comparable or better in Innova than CRV costing so much more ?????? I don't mean space, just suspension and bad road handling...
just because it costs more dosent mean it has to be better.
Old 6th July 2007, 18:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Corolla is flimsy... sat in a 4k kms old one and it had rattles coming from the front left door and glovebox. Ride quality when fully loaded at speeds even over 60 kph isnt good, it feels as if it would fall apart. Dunno if its just a "feeling" but its unnerving none the less. Besides I didnt liked the interiors, the clocks glow in a gorgeous pale blue just like your mobile screen, cant say that abt the rest of the dash. The buttons all glow in a cheap yellow light, like your nokia 3310 :P and the power windows buttons arent even illuminated! Yes the engine is fantastic but IMHO its an overpriced car.
Old 6th July 2007, 20:16   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Corolla is flimsy... sat in a 4k kms old one and it had rattles coming from the front left door and glovebox. Ride quality when fully loaded at speeds even over 60 kph isnt good, it feels as if it would

3310 :P and the power windows buttons arent even illuminated! Yes the engine is fantastic but IMHO its an overpriced car.
The thing is, Corolla is not really a premium car, even though it seems to have that image given its price. And the only reason for the huge price is the government of India.

If you look at US websites, you can see that Corrola is just a lower-midlevel car.
Old 7th July 2007, 11:40   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
The thing is, Corolla is not really a premium car, even though it seems to have that image given its price. And the only reason for the huge price is the government of India.

If you look at US websites, you can see that Corrola is just a lower-midlevel car.

Totally agree. Corolla is a poor man's car in the US.
Old 7th July 2007, 12:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
And the only reason for the huge price is the government of India.
And Indians blind faith in the H and T logos.

Quote:
and the power windows buttons arent even illuminated!
Old 9th July 2007, 11:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
just because it costs more dosent mean it has to be better.
A little difference yes, but something can't normally be double the price and less quality, not in a highly competitive market like cars.

Can anyone here compare ride comfort of Innova V/S CRV ?
Old 9th July 2007, 11:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

The honda crv if you take the price in america works out to be cheaper than the innova actually.Had the innova not been manufactured here plus it not been part of the toyota IMV project actually the innova pricing would have been much much more.
Old 9th July 2007, 15:31   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
the power windows buttons arent even illuminated!
Now, that is strange!! Was it the vehicle you drove, or is that the way the Corolla is? Shocking !
Old 9th July 2007, 15:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now, that is strange!! Was it the vehicle you drove, or is that the way the Corolla is? Shocking !
Shocking it is.... its not there! Not a malfuction with the Car I drove.
Old 9th July 2007, 16:37   #73
Team-BHP Support

Wierd comparison, ill give it a shot since i have one Crv at home and have taken one long haul in an Innova.

Crv is bumpy at rear (choppy rather) compared to Innova at low speeds (0-40), but at higher speeds its a different story, Crv will smoothen out most of the indian highways unless crater was imported from moon.

Acceleration is way faster in Crv and then Vtec engine does its duty well in Crv. Very easy to do slip stream overtaking on a highway in a Crv compared to Innova which is not very comfortable with point and dart and tend to sway lot more giving that uneasy feeling.

Seating comfort though i still felt Innova offered better at the rear, (executive chair set up, not bench seat).

For this wierd comparison sake i would say Crv if you drive yourself and wander out to highways regularly and also do some amature off-roading.

Innova if you are more a back seat traveler, who is not bothered about driving and parking in crowded city.
Old 10th July 2007, 00:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Illumination of power window switches cant be a malfunction since they are always on something like radium enabled which some watches have and hence glow in the dark.
Old 10th July 2007, 13:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Illumination of power window switches cant be a malfunction since they are always on something like radium enabled which some watches have and hence glow in the dark.
Dude its not radium... its a proper led beneath the pw button.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks