Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Are you booking Nano?
Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts 59 16.39%
No, I am not interested 164 45.56%
I will wait and watch 137 38.06%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 20:41   #181
BHPian

You wont believe..as u all know i booked 3 nano LX.(got one).While booking i selected to retain my booking with one of cars for second lot.but that one was not selected.So i thought they will retain my booking.I called Tata today and they told that they made a draw of one lakh customer and then 55000 from the people who selected to retain there booking.Since you are not selected in any of these u will get your refund.
Well its good for me that they have not retained my money.But still i dont think so they mentioned about the second draw before.
Strange....

Last edited by keralshobhit : 1st July 2009 at 20:42.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:14   #182
BHPian

I am unlucky to get the Nano during first lottery. I will have to wait now till the second lot of Nano comes in the market, but as per Ratan Tata told at launch that from second lot' the price will not be the same.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:07   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
Well its good for me that they have not retained my money.But still i dont think so they mentioned about the second draw before.
Strange....
IMHO it was declared in advance that all those applicants(Form) which have opted to retain booking beyond 1L initial allottee, only selected would be given chance to retain booking. Hypothetically speaking if 10L opt for booking retention TATA would have to pay them interest beyond bank rates is not good commercially.
thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 15:22   #184
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who are booking Tata Nano? EDIT: 2012 refresh

This thread is relevant once again with the Nano refresh 2012. The question is 'Who are booking Tata Nano 2012'. Mods Pls make the EDIT in thread Name if you find it good enough and the options would be just and reset the responses to 0-

Yes
No
Maybe

The Nano is all the more appealing with the latest improvements and may become a very relavent alternative to people looking for a entry level car. Slowly but surely we are seeing more and more cute Nanos on the road at least in Blr. So the real question remains to be answered all over again!
Old 9th December 2011, 15:33   #185
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Who are booking Tata Nano? EDIT: 2012 refresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
This thread is relevant once again with the Nano refresh 2012. The question is 'Who are booking Tata Nano 2012'. Mods Pls make the EDIT in thread Name if you find it good enough and the options would be just and reset the responses to 0-

Yes
No
Maybe

The Nano is all the more appealing with the latest improvements and may become a very relavent alternative to people looking for a entry level car. Slowly but surely we are seeing more and more cute Nanos on the road at least in Blr. So the real question remains to be answered all over again!
Girish originally when the Nano came out there was a waiting period of that could even run upto 2 years with the 2L booking that they got. Hence that was relavent then.

But today there are many cars like the swift that have a much longer lead time and much larger number of vehicles put on the road per month.

The 2012 nano though definately a great buy is available off the shelf so one does not need to commit to buy, plan and then book. One can just go pick one up.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:23   #186
BHPian

Re: Who are booking Tata Nano? (TeamBHP Members)

Test drove a Lx nano 2012 yesterday. its a huge huge improvement. You can hear the noise from outside if you are standing behind , but inside with all windows up, its as silent as any small petrol car. No vibrration at all in steering, gear lever. Pick up was very nice , peppy , steering was quite light and easy to control. Seating position is high and gives a commanding view of Road ahead.
A major change is seats - very neatlt cushioned, and thight support also. Beige color dashborad gives a feel of a clean and large car....
really really impressed guys!

Just waiting for GTO's formal test drive of 2012 Nano ..to get a final rubber stamp to go for it in Jan.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:37   #187
BHPian

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. After seeing the upgrade, I am seriously contemplating to book a Nano for not so Nano member of our family (Read Wife) :P lol

I mean look at it, it is such a practical option if its your wife's first car. In mere 2 lakh rupees you get a brand new car, which is economical to run and cheaper to maintain. Really nice to start with option.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, the poll should have an option which reads: Waiting for Nano diesel.
I would select that.

Most Viewed