Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you booking Nano?
Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts 59 16.39%
No, I am not interested 164 45.56%
I will wait and watch 137 38.06%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 16:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Who are booking Tata Nano? (TeamBHP Members)

I read some news that booking of Tata Nano would start in February itself. It can be booked in Tata Showrooms or in State Bank of India Branches across the India. Right now 100 SBI branches will be having booking facility and later it would be extended to 1000 branches.

70,000 Rs is booking amount for Nano.

I want to know, who all the Team-BHPians booking Nano? How many of you have curosity to book Nano in initial phase.

On the contrary, news paper reported that booking and allotment of Nano would attract high premium, it means once it is allotted you can sell it off quickly with some earnings.

Edit - 1: After posting, I realized, purpose of this thread would be serve better by a poll. I hope mods can do something in this regard.

Edit - 2: Thanks Sam for your help. I have added poll.

Last edited by anujmishra : 5th February 2009 at 17:12.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

You can still add a poll, anuj. Click on thread tools quickly.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:16   #3
BANNED

I am booking one.
Not much in the necessity for another ride. But want to own one of the biggest pride of our mother nation as soon as possible. It will be a good city run about too.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:18   #4
BHPian

Yes I will book one for my Father, he really want to own one.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

I too am booking one, and hoping for delivery in 2009
Old 5th February 2009, 17:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

With the current production level at 3,000 unit a month and the expected booking limit at 1lak, I see a long backlog. Seems like they will take the booking and then allot the vehicle on a lottery system.

But things will change for the better when the second plan (now where was that, forgot! ) will start production by 2010, the capacity there is said to be 35,000 unit a month.

And with TATA, with no offense to the initiative, I would suggest everyone to keep away at least from the first set of wheels that are rolling out. Remember the Indica experience?
Old 5th February 2009, 17:25   #7
BHPian

I'm not going to book Nano - already have 3 cars at home. Don't want to escalate the parking mess!
Old 5th February 2009, 17:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And with TATA, with no offense to the initiative, I would suggest everyone to keep away at least from the first set of wheels that are rolling out. Remember the Indica experience?
I have to agree with this. For some reason Tata always launches beta versions first and then do trouble shooting based on customer feedback.

I have voted for I will wait & watch. If the feedback is good then might buy one for the wife's city run about and shopping sprees.

Last edited by vikram_d : 5th February 2009 at 17:28.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:31   #9
BANNED

Well.... I will wait and watch - mostly because I already own a car, and do not really require another in the near future, and also, lack of vitamin M. ;-)

<prediction>
On T-bhp, unless people are looking for a 2nd car, I guess most will say "wait and watch". Because we already own cars.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

As a Salute to Mr. Ratan Tata and His Team, I shall Book a Couple of them.
In case Im not lucky with the draw lots, shall buy one among the first few hundreds, at market driven rates.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:35   #11
jp1
BHPian

I am booking one, provided I can organize 70k by then
Old 5th February 2009, 17:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

For me its wait and watch. Let it prove itself. Then let me have a look at traffic conditions.
The output on infrastructure is going to be bad. Nano will show to the world that we have no town planning and roads are built just for the sake of being built.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:42   #13
A.R
BHPian

I will sell my M800 and get a Nanao for my Dad. I will help me as a backup car and also during city drives - easy to park & manuvre.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

It is good to have Nano for daily driving car as it will fit in many small parking space. But by the time we get car, all parking space would be occupied by Nano itself.

I am not looking forward now to book Nano, but I don't know what will happen in future.

Tata kept booking price quite high keeping in view that only genuine buyer will book Nano in first phase.
Old 5th February 2009, 17:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Naah. No Nano for me. But I am quite unhappy with the delay in Nano getting released.

Why ? Because I expect MSIL to cut prices on the M800 as soon as the Nano comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels
I see a long backlog. Seems like they will take the booking and then allot the vehicle on a lottery system.
I completely fail to see the logic behind the lottery system. Why not just allot it on a first-come-first-served basis, which is so logical ?

In the early eighties MSIL did this stupidity with the M800. We booked it in '83, but due to the lottery system got it only in '85, while those who booked years after us got it before us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami
Nano will show to the world that we have no town planning and roads are built just for the sake of being built.
As if the world does not know about our bad planning now. Let us not blame bad roads, lack of planning, crowded roads, escalated traffic etc on the Nano. All these are already a part of our life, without the Nano in the picture.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 5th February 2009 at 17:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks