Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Are you booking Nano?
Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts 59 16.39%
No, I am not interested 164 45.56%
I will wait and watch 137 38.06%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 22:18   #76
BHPian

Nano For Me Sure

Hi Mates

I might be one among the 19% of "Yes, definitely I am booking as soon as booking starts" Poll but I am the the most proud INDIAN to say the world will follow us now for the revolution.......

I surely WILL HAVE ONE NANO....

Hats off to Ratan Tata the man who kept his promise of a family car below $2500, The pride of real Indian lies in his/her achievement...

Ratan Tata Did keep his promise of not a car but a FAMILY CAR below $2500 even after a lot change on the economy, raise of cost in raw materials, etc...

I would say AN INDIAN IS ALWAYS AN INDIAN IF HE STANDS TO HIS WILL.....

But that can happen by support of we Indians.....

BE Proud to be Indian Guys... Try to get one Nano

Dont be Shy..... of society.. this society is nothing but we ourself... dont be shy of yourself....

People in India still ride a bicycle without shy..... its prestegious to us.... NANO is our invention to the World....

Be proud to say.... I Love NANO ... U buy it or not....

NANO is no way comparable to Second hand 800...... NANO has passed more test of quality and rigidity that the New 800

Get geared up on whats happening around and speak....

Sorry if I hurt someone.. But as an Indian I Mean it...

Love, Respect and Help Fellow Indians

....JAI HIND!

Note: I am only a true Indian and no way concerned with TATA Motors...
I am a working professional for an IT Frim
I am a Team Bhpian who says.... Share but Dare
Reach Me....? if admin permits then mail me at reitz@dr.com
Old 7th February 2009, 23:35   #77
BHPian

i dont know what the craze for nano is about if people with a two wheeler wanted to move to a car they can buy 2 secondhand maruthi 800s for the price of nano the only people i can see buying a nano are the affordable already owning cars and want the nano as a second or third or fourth car
Old 8th February 2009, 01:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Owning a new car especially a new model, is a very important factor to us Indians. Also its easier getting a loan for a new car rather than an old one.
Anyways other than power the Nano will easily trump the 800 in everything else (space, mileage, looks, safety...) , which is not saying much since the M800 is in its 30s.
Old 8th February 2009, 03:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

The question that remains to be unanswered id whether or not Tata will be able to provide the reliability and ease of ownership that comes with the Maruti 800/alto.
Old 8th February 2009, 20:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

There is no denying that reliability hasn't been Tata's USP. But perhaps the long gestation period of the Nano and the various delays it has incurred would have given Tata more than enough time to test and sort the Nano, fingers crossed. Also the fact that engineering wise the car is kept simple and basic as possible would also help its reliability.

I for one hope this car does well, not just because of the national pride involved. Tatas have been through a lot to get this project going-
  • First the intense scrutiny and mocking from the domestic and international Media/Public/Competitors regarding launching a car at this price. Till they were awestruck when they saw one in metal.
  • Pricing pressures due to fluctuating inflation, metal prices etc.
  • Last but not least huge losses incured due to partisan politics a la Mamta aunty.
Old 9th February 2009, 00:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yeah,TATA has put in really serious efforts and I too hope the car does well,And yes,TATA did show the domestic/international manufacturers and critics how to show a dream and then fulfill it.Then there's nation's pride involved with it as well,I for the first time hated Jeremy Clarkson and sent a long mail to TG because they riducled the Nano.Soon after TATA acquired Jaguar & Land rover,the two iconic auto-companies of UK,so much for their crapy atitude towards tata.
Old 9th February 2009, 09:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

well simply no.(Cos i wont Fit in it ^_^)
Firstly im predicting a drop in two wheeler sales
traffic in cities will increase two fold.

accidents will also increase because the same old imbeciles who used to drive bikes thinking the rules are not for them.. don't be surprised if you see a nano trying to squeeze between a tight space between your car and some other just to get through the traffic.

Safety:after looking at the nano i feel the OMNI is a safer bet. Atleast it wont tip over due to a strong wind gust

affordability:see if people were so desperate to buy a 4 wheeler they would go get a second hand car.Plenty of options in the market,a good m800 can be picked for 70K or so.,Cielo's for 30K etc
Old 9th February 2009, 10:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
affordability:see if people were so desperate to buy a 4 wheeler they would go get a second hand car.Plenty of options in the market,a good m800 can be picked for 70K or so.,Cielo's for 30K etc
Used car will be used always and new car will be new always. There is no point in comparing a used expensive car and new inexpensive car. People will more than happy to buy new car than used car.

I feel prices in used car market for small cars like 800, matiz, santro, alto etc would further down to atleast 20 - 30% in order to cope up with Nano demand. Sure, in that price bracket they have option for new car i.e. Nano
Old 9th February 2009, 10:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Two of the top three menaces on Indian roads are owned by the Tatas - the Sumo and the Ace. Question is with the launch of the Nano whether Tatas can manage to dislodge the "auto" and take all the top three pride of place for themselves.
In terms of Nano for myself - I would prefer to wait for the Nano9 when it is launched sometime in 2020. Tatas have always used the Indian consumers to test their vehicles and their vehicles are generally always a work in progress. I don't want to be a guineapig in their hands.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 9th February 2009 at 10:24.
Old 9th February 2009, 10:40   #85

Yes i am booking the nano more so because it is an engineering marvel by a truly INDIAN COMPANY.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:24   #86
SBR
BHPian

It will always be a GOOD FACTOR to own a NANO. However, I will buy one only if there is a need for it.

For past few years, there have been upteen used cars in the market with AC for that budget so why buy NANO unless it is required.

I own a M800 and as a next step will look at buying a Sedan or MUV as an upgrade.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:26   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

My dad want's to sell the santro and buy the nano; trying to convince him outta it but he seems damn adamant. let's see if i can persuade him not to.
Otherwise, i'll need help here to mod the nano as soon as it comes...
Old 9th February 2009, 12:27   #88
BHPian

Its definitely a good / great thing happening to us Indian car buyer people at large specially those who need a car and can afford it now. However, those who already have a their dreamcars in their hands and looking forward to upgrading may like to save the price to rather buy something better.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

No money now. will wait for the recession to get over.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

Nano with CVT should encourage a lot of new drivers, I think.

Most Viewed