Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 15:32   #16
BHPian

If WagonR is going to be replaced they should really try to bring the latest version.
http://www.**************/cars/marut...uzuki-wagon-r/

This is based on the extended wheel base and similar to exiting design.

I just hope that MSIL will think to bring the latest version.
Old 6th February 2009, 15:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
i think they should stop the Omni altogether...

I don't think that they should stop the Omni. It is one of the leading multi-utility vehicle in the Indian car market. Infact I have heard that the company is planning to introduce a new variant of the Omni known as O2.
Old 6th February 2009, 15:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If the new Wagon R in India is going to be 'based' on MR Wagon in Japan, it's most likely that it will be the 'Wit' model there. If so, it will be a disaster - such an ugly one it is.
Looks like Maruti is liking froggy eyes which recently is seen in Astar
Old 6th February 2009, 16:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
And they call them radical designs.

Really ugly, lest others forget the lovely SS80's, the M-800 Type 1, All those well designed Gypsy's, and the Baleno's, and the older Zens.

OMG,Those were what you call designs.

Omni and Versa's were just "Jugaad"
Also day by day the Size of the Vehicle is getting smaller though you are paying more.

M800 will be replace by M80 one '0' will eliminated and will all remember Bajaj M-80.
Old 6th February 2009, 16:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is not going to happen anytime soon. But what I wonder is what next after Splash i.e. Ritz. We will have new Kizashi based sedan, but what in case of small cars.
Maruti can be cooking anything and may bring in the new Wagon R from Japan, and will even go ahead put Versa to stop, but by no means it will stop Omni.
The APV I think came in to international markets in 2006/7, but it never came to India. And the potential of versa is underutilized. They must add that 1.25 ltr diesel to this car and see it being lapped up. Poeple will look beyond that looks and as a good alternative to Omni.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the omni will be repalced anytime soon.Its still selling in decent numbers.
The gypsy was expected to be replaced a few years back by the Jimny.
The wagon-r maybe replaced by the Ritz or a complete new model, and knowing maruti i wont be surprised to if the continue with all three(wagon-r,ritz, MR wagon)!!
Maruti reminds me of a doting mother who just cant part with her sons like M800 and all if if they have grown way to old!!!!
Old 6th February 2009, 19:26   #22
BHPian

Could this be the next Omni ?

スズã‚* エブリイワゴン
Old 6th February 2009, 20:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
u freaked me out!! cant imagine that on roads here.
Old 7th February 2009, 13:25   #24
BANNED

Another news from Cartradeindia (Car News India, Bike News India, Auto News India | CarTradeIndia.com

"India’s largest car manufacturer and second largest car exporter is ready to phase out Maruti Suzuki Versa in India. It will launch the new Maruti Omni O2 in India to replace its Versa model. The new Omni O2 will be launched by end 2009 or early 2010. Maruti Versa had been experiencing extremely poor sales since past few months and in December 2008, Maruti managed to sell only 28 Versa in India. Omni is one of the most popular vans in India and had helped Maruti to capture a large market share in India when it was launched decades ago. The current model of Omni was built on M800 model but the new model will be built on Versa platform. The new Omni O2 will be placed at a premium over the existing one when it hits the showrooms in India which will be most probably end of this year or early next year."
Old 7th February 2009, 18:23   #25
BANNED

The vehicle in indivic's link looks too much like a WagonR.

And re-reading romeomidhun's post confirms my suspicion that it is the versa which is going to be replaced with O2; and not the Omini.
Old 7th February 2009, 19:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
TWe will have new Kizashi based sedan, but what in case of small cars.
But I had thought they had killed the Kizashi. Read a couple of reports to the effect.
Suzuki Kills the Kizashi - worldcarfans
Old 8th February 2009, 08:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
But I had thought they had killed the Kizashi. Read a couple of reports to the effect.
Suzuki Kills the Kizashi - worldcarfans
I think that was some sort of unconfirmed fact or rumor or may be internet grapevine as per this :Reports of Suzuki Kizashi's demise highly exaggerated, coming to NY - Autoblog

I dont think Suzuki will finally cancel this sedan after developing coming to a phase where testing had started. Not so soon and Suzuki is not the worst affected manufacturer so it has to kill this sedan. I am expecting it with a 2.0 ltr. turbo diesel that suzuki has been developing since ages now.
Old 8th February 2009, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am sure that this is the vehicle to be launched in place of Versa.

APV:Product Features | Global Suzuki
Old 8th February 2009, 14:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Another news from Cartradeindia (Car News India, Bike News India, Auto News India | CarTradeIndia.com

"India’s largest car manufacturer and second largest car exporter is ready to phase out Maruti Suzuki Versa in India. It will launch the new Maruti Omni O2 in India to replace its Versa model. The new Omni O2 will be launched by end 2009 or early 2010. Maruti Versa had been experiencing extremely poor sales since past few months and in December 2008, Maruti managed to sell only 28 Versa in India. Omni is one of the most popular vans in India and had helped Maruti to capture a large market share in India when it was launched decades ago. The current model of Omni was built on M800 model but the new model will be built on Versa platform. The new Omni O2 will be placed at a premium over the existing one when it hits the showrooms in India which will be most probably end of this year or early next year."
So It would be an updated Versa. Probably a facelift...
Old 8th February 2009, 15:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
So It would be an updated Versa. Probably a facelift...
While the APV (its like someone naming his son as "son") looks great, we will get the "all-new" Versa ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed