Team-BHP - Maruti plans to replace WagonR, Omni and Versa?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti plans to replace WagonR, Omni and Versa? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53028-maruti-plans-replace-wagonr-omni-versa.html)

Here's a post from Business standard
(Maruti plans to replace WagonR, Omni, Versa)

"Maruti Suzuki India is planning to replace two of its most successful models—the WagonR, and multi-purpose vehicle, the Omni—an industry source said today.
A person close to both the projects said the new WagonR is also being developed on the Suzuki’s MR Wagon platform, but would be distinctly different from the existing model.
“The new model would also be a tall boy design like the current one,” he said.
The existing WagonR and Zen Estilo models of Maruti Suzuki are both based on the MR Wagon platform.
On replacement of the Omni, the source said the new van would be based on the multi-utility vehicle Versa platform and replace both the van and Versa models.
When contacted, Maruti Suzuki Executive Officer, Sales and Marketing, Mayank Pareek, said the company follows a policy of refreshing models every five years.
He, however, declined to give any details.
“We do not comment on future model strategies,” he said."

A car other than Splash to replace Wagon R? Will it be purely India-designed vehicle or another discontinued model from Japanese Suzuki stable? Eagerly waiting to see the pics...

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1160059)
When contacted, Maruti Suzuki Executive Officer, Sales and Marketing, Mayank Pareek, said the company follows a policy of refreshing models every five years.

Hmmm...really?

By refreshing does he mean - putting sticker, chrome, new hub cap and a spoiler?

If they really believe in refreshing and launching new models every 5 years why do they still sell 800, Omni, Gypsy in the 21st Century?

They are not replacing ESTEILO?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepclutch (Post 1160153)
They are not replacing ESTEILO?

Nobody bought the estilo anyways so no need for replacement and experimenting with another failure rl:

Not surprising, since none of these are likely to become E-IV compliant. The old M800 engine (and its 4/3 variant) is very unlikely to be modified for E-IV. So they will need new engines (from the AStar stable?).

May be the engine in the Versa (same as Swift) will be modified for E-IV, but I hear that the Swift is in for a heart transplant and update. So the engine will go into the Versa as well.

A versa with a crde powerplant.

I would love that.

Well i dont think Maruti will replace it is coming years!

They are so successful models & unlike Honda, maruti has a habit of continuing old model for long.

May be they will come up with new models like Zen sports!!!lol:

Here is what "replace" means in the English dictionary, MSIL version:-

Replacing model A happens in 3 steps. In Step 1, it is published to all world that a new car, model B is to be launched to replace model A. Step 2 involves reducing prices of Model A. Step 3 is to launch model B, at about 25% above original price of Model A.

At end of the process, the customer has two choices - model A and model B. The sharp customer would have noticed that there is a vacuum at the original price point of model A. That will be filled by another model.

Since customer gets more choice, he is not supposed to complain.

i fail to see how a single model can replace both the omni and the versa. they occupy entirely different segments and price points.

No point in replacing Versa as i dont think it hardly sells, we did see recently some spike in Versa sales in Mumbai because some new Cab Company bought some. Othervise i dont think MSIL is selling any significant amount of Versa's these days.

We do need a new Omni here in INdia but that is not looking like a distinct possibility in future as the sales are very strong and added to that, the new Taxi's black and yellow ones are also now getting Omni's so another plus point for Omni Sales..

Would love to see a new Wagon R and hopefully with a 1.3 DDIS from Swift.

Maybe they can replace the Versa with the APV. But cost might be a factor.

APV:Exterior | Global Suzuki

That is a very good looking APV.

I love vehicles that can seat everyone in my family comfortably and this fits the bill perfectly.

i think they should stop the Omni altogether...:Frustrati:Frustrati

If the new Wagon R in India is going to be 'based' on MR Wagon in Japan, it's most likely that it will be the 'Wit' model there. If so, it will be a disaster - such an ugly one it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1160880)
If the new Wagon R in India is going to be 'based' on MR Wagon in Japan, it's most likely that it will be the 'Wit' model there. If so, it will be a disaster - such an ugly one it is.

:Shockked: And they call them radical designs.

Really ugly, lest others forget the lovely SS80's, the M-800 Type 1, All those well designed Gypsy's, and the Baleno's, and the older Zens.

OMG,Those were what you call designs.:)

Omni and Versa's were just "Jugaad"