Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 20:35   #46
BHPian

For me all Honda cars looks somewhat similar, except for the front grille. The NHC is the only exception, looks different than other Hondas.

I don't think there is anything revoultionary with ANHC's styling. It is not bad, could have been better.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Wah, again! Why should people who don't like the looks of a particular car or the maker think that all those who buy them are brainless? Well, my friend, everyone has their choice of choosing what they would want, for they are paying for it!
Nothing against a person. I appreciate Honda for their powertrains. But a car whose looks were altered from a hatchback and then selling it for Rs. 9 lakh, without proper tyres to handle the motor is not a nice combination IMO.

What I think that the madness behind anything Honda makes honda believe they can throw anything at us. Thats all.
Everybody has a right to buy a car who he/she likes. I never refused this, but for Honda, I think, the Indian public must pour in more logic. THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY.

Once again, I am not pinpointing at anyone, neither do I want to take this thread into negative direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Exactly my thoughts! Not only Honda, somebody here have the same addiction to even Hyundai!
Yes, correct. But lets think of that as love towards thier machines and not pinpoint at anyone.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th February 2009 at 20:41.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Why don't we add a poll to this thread?
Will give a better picture.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:54   #49
BANNED

Almost everything in the World finds Critics, it was about time Honda City had its own!
I personally found the 2nd. gen. worst designed, 3rd. went ski-fi. Though according to me, the car looks smaller in profile, which does not fit well in the so called "big" car category!
But noticeably there are "uglier" offerings in the market, City doesn't top the charts by any standards.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Its just the grill that does not gel with the rest of the car.

Hondas always grow on you and age better. Hope this does too. But the tail end is no where as abrupt as the old Baleno. Thats taking it too far in my opinion. If you want some great cars which have started turning ugly, try BMW (especially the 5 series). But then they don't compete with a certain car (only car)!!
Old 6th February 2009, 22:03   #51
BHPian

Its front is unconventional/radical to say the least but the rear is downright ugly
Old 6th February 2009, 22:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Ugly? No way!!! Looks stunning from every angle. The rear could have been a little original though.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I think ANHC and Ugly are antonyms

ANHC in white looks stunning! Even better than Civic (in my opinion). Somehow some of the other colors dont gel with the design though!
I like the ANHC looks a lot. White in ANHC is smashing. And ANHC is definitely more stylised and better looking than NHC, Verna, SX4 and the lot in my book. Personally, the front is what I like most and the rear ok to me.

I also like the Linea looks a lot. So, no ANHC vs Linea, please ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Nothing against a person. I appreciate Honda for their powertrains. But a car whose looks were altered from a hatchback and then selling it for Rs. 9 lakh, without proper tyres to handle the motor is not a nice combination IMO.
I think you are mistaken if you think the styling and body panels of ANHC resemble the Jazz. IIRC, all the body panels of ANHC are different from the Jazz, and the wheelbase is 100+mm longer. That is why its not _ugly_ like the NHC.
Pricing is a different story - Honda always overcharges :-(

Last edited by lancer_rit : 6th February 2009 at 22:41.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:45   #54
BHPian

honda designers must have been blind to let the rear design pass on to the final product. This car has a gem of an engine but looks so uninspiring that i would settle for fiesta anyday over this even though i swear by honda engines.
look at linea on the other hand...it looks so good that everyone is excited about the car.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:48   #55
BHPian

is it only me who is feeling that this thread looks like honda hate thread or somebody else is feeling the same too?.
Well i respect everyone has his/her own invidualistic opinion and tastes but singling out one vehicle , stripping it down part by part its really not serving the purpose is it? It is better to have a comparison , a poll vis-a-vis competition to judge where the actual product stands.
As far as looks is concerned i dont like city's plastic grill as much as i hate linea's boot (looks too big and out of proportion from behind compare to sleek front).
Old 7th February 2009, 00:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

Bangle leaves!

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Maybe Chris Bangle (who perpetrated that unspeakable assault on the BMWs) was so flattered by Honda imitating him - that he quit BMW (much to the relief of several fans of BMW).

In this case, the original was bad and Honda made a bad copy of it.

BMW from Germany and Honda from Japan, I just hope it does not set off a rash of decidedly ugly cars from the rest of the world.

Cheers
Old 7th February 2009, 00:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly ugly, but confused, yes.
Old 7th February 2009, 00:41   #58
BHPian

I won't say its bad looking, only its odd. A lot of folks who would go for the old NHC would probably double take on seeing the new one for its brashness; too bold, they want something quiet, sedate and responsible.

Other folks will find the back a bit weird, its not consistent with the front, and sticks out like a sore thumb, imho the design doesn't flow smoothly from front to back, there is a disruption halfway, you won't see this in the Civic or another example BMW.

But overall in its segment in India, its the most acceptable looking to me at least, its different and there is some challenge, idiosyncrasy, sense of design. Its not a safe or generic choice so designers do require some pats at least for effort. The new red pic they are using in the ads, see latest business world, makes it looks more streamlined but that's good photography.
Old 7th February 2009, 00:52   #59
BHPian

i like japanese designs as they are just purposeful but the anhc is not to my taste and it has definately missed the plot.It has got cheap interiors and high price along with low equipment and i wish this car bombs which would give honda reason to think.
Old 7th February 2009, 08:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post

I think you are mistaken if you think the styling and body panels of ANHC resemble the Jazz. IIRC, all the body panels of ANHC are different from the Jazz, and the wheelbase is 100+mm longer. That is why its not _ugly_ like the NHC.
Pricing is a different story - Honda always overcharges :-(
Exactly, thats what I wrote that " a car whose looks were altered from a hatchback ". I mean the skin panels were changed from the original Jazz unlike the G2HC where it shared most of the body panels. So surely it looks better than G2HC any given day, but not original. The car still evokes the fact that this was an evolution from hatch, something most other cars manage to hide. For a car of this price ( and hence class ) this profile is not tolerable. From the rear three quarter view, to me the boot was again added after the car was designed first. And to make the matters worse, the design looks confused. Looks like Honda did not have a proper plan to follow during design and hence they kept on changing the things every 5 minutes and finally ended upon a confused looking car, indicating the confusion in minds of designers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks