Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 19:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles.....i agree with you on that mate
1.ohc
2.Anhc
3.very ugly Nhc

Last edited by agspins : 6th February 2009 at 19:37.
Old 6th February 2009, 19:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Different Grill

A lot of folks here have spoken about the grill. Honda does offer a different grill as an accessory, which I think can be painted body color behind the chrome H sweep.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else around who thinks ANHC is ugly?-ext_31.jpg  

Old 6th February 2009, 19:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I dont get it. There are so many cars on the road & for each car there would be a crowd which likes it & another set which hates it. So what??? looks are subjective .
Most infact almost all the people who saw the ANHC after it was launched gave it thumbs up on looks and most of the magazines still do which made me perplexed because I didnt liked it one bit and hence this thread.
Old 6th February 2009, 19:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Most infact almost all the people who saw the ANHC after it was launched gave it thumbs up on looks and most of the magazines still do which made me perplexed because I didnt liked it one bit and hence this thread.
Well we had a thread on ANHC before/after launch & it did have mixed reviews. I myself dont think its the best looking around , but it isnt Ugly. Well lets not bring magazines/ almost all people here. You didnt like it -agreed , but why this :-

Quote:
ANHC received thumbs up all around for its styling when people saw if for the first time
My point is that with so many cars on road , obviously people will hate some /like some .
Old 6th February 2009, 19:56   #35
BHPian

hey guys,i dont think we have to take it personal.its just sharing opinions and ones own view.
anything above it is uncalled for.and remember looks are subjective.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Well we had a thread on ANHC before/after launch & it did have mixed reviews. I myself dont think its the best looking around , but it isnt Ugly. Well lets not bring magazines/ almost all people here. You didnt like it -agreed , but why this :-

My point is that with so many cars on road , obviously people will hate some /like some .
When the general view on a car's styling is a thumbs up even though you find it 'ugly', there has to be something wrong and the overwhelming response to this thread has made things quite clear.
And do realize that people here mean my friends at t-bhp and not some layman on the road which would find anything from Honda good looking.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:02   #37
BHPian

Good! i thought i was the only one who hated the ANHC. Like many of you here i too hated the cheap looking grill.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
When the general view on a car's styling is a thumbs up even though you find it 'ugly', there has to be something wrong and the overwhelming response to this thread has made things quite clear.
And do realize that people here mean my friends at t-bhp and not some layman on the road which would find anything from Honda good looking.
Well, there isn't a poll, so one can't objectively state if many agree or disagree with the title of this thread

And BTW, the title of the thread is judgemental, inviting negative comments - just my opinion.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:09   #39
BHPian

well we indians seem to overrate everything the japanese bring us - including the humble 800 and altos from Suzuki (only exception might be the Swift and maybe maybe SX4 to a certain extent) or Honda City ANHC here.

The OHC had lots of character and looking back if I had the money then (i.e. way back when i was in college i would have gone out and bought it). That time my dad has a Ikon 1.6 and IMHO that car had character too. (we sold it off after 2 years because it was heavy on the pockt).

The NHC was an ugly iteration i felt particularly the short blunt front. Somehow the car looked out of proportion with the sharp small nose and the ANHC takes it further - call it some arrow shot form or somethign else - its downtright ugly. I must also admit though the back looks fantatstic (particualrly the members of the opposite sex seem to agree on this).

There is no honda city is the US (would not have sold anyway). Civic is a poor mans car and accord is like a budget mid range car that gained some following because fo sobre looks and most importantly FE. Then again because of the increse in size in the 2008-09 iterations there have been mixed feelings about that too.

One look at the European cars will tell you exactly what ANHC is in compariison to a BMW or even a SKODA that exudes more character and class.

PS: To me your car or bike is an extension of your soul - somehow ANHC falls between a wannabe and could have been.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
hey guys,i dont think we have to take it personal.its just sharing opinions and ones own view.
anything above it is uncalled for.and remember looks are subjective.
I dont think its taken personal. All taken in right spirit.

Quote:
It would have been better if you had mentioned that instead of talking of layman here.

Im saying it again. I dont think its the best looking around.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

PS : I DONT WANT TO SPARK A NEW SUZUKI VS HONDA ARGUMENTS. THE FOLLOWING POST IS JUST MY OPINION.

When we had Baleno with abruptly ending rear end, the general response was that " its bad looking ". We have faced this comment at more than one occasion when we took baleno to marriage or some other social functions.

Now when almost similar profile is found in G3HC, its not screamed upon like the way it was done with Baleno. IIRC, Baleno tail lights were based on aerodynamics clue taken from German engineer. Nobody threw light on that, but Baleno was just not appreciated for physical appearence.

I think this is Honda effect upto a large extent. Indian public is more used to gulp what Honda has to throw on us.

Again no offfence meant to any one here, I was just posting my view.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I think the ANHC is a bold designing move by honda and I appreciate them for it. Personally, l thought it looked awesome in 2D and looks ok in its new avtar. Between the OHC and the NHC for me, (best to worst)
Old 6th February 2009, 20:28   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
PS : I DONT WANT TO SPARK A NEW SUZUKI VS HONDA ARGUMENTS. THE FOLLOWING POST IS JUST MY OPINION.

When we had Baleno with abruptly ending rear end, the general response was that " its bad looking ". We have faced this comment at more than one occasion when we took baleno to marriage or some other social functions.

Now when almost similar profile is found in G3HC, its not screamed upon like the way it was done with Baleno. IIRC, Baleno tail lights were based on aerodynamics clue taken from German engineer. Nobody threw light on that, but Baleno was just not appreciated for physical appearence.

I think this is Honda effect upto a large extent. Indian public is more used to gulp what Honda has to throw on us.

Exactly my thoughts! Not only Honda, somebody here have the same addiction to even Hyundai!
Old 6th February 2009, 20:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Indian public is more used to gulp what Honda has to throw on us.

Wah, again! Why should people who don't like the looks of a particular car or the maker think that all those who buy them are brainless? Well, my friend, everyone has their choice of choosing what they would want, for they are paying for it!

And BTW, I too think ANHC looks better on the computer screen and magazines than in person!

Last edited by pmbabu : 6th February 2009 at 20:32.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:31   #45
BHPian

Compared the the NHC (which IMO looks like Honda and Tata Indica's ahem..! child) this one is better.

But the 2nd (type2 ?) whatever you want to call it, is the best looking from the outside , inside its ugly to put it mildly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks