Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2009, 08:38   #61
Team-BHP Support

The City Type 5 is not an ugly car. Compared to its predecessor, it's a beauty. However, parked next to something like the Fiesta, the confusion in the City's design is highlighted.
Old 7th February 2009, 09:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Exactly, thats what I wrote that " a car whose looks were altered from a hatchback ". I mean the skin panels were changed from the original Jazz unlike the G2HC where it shared most of the body panels. So surely it looks better than G2HC any given day, but not original. The car still evokes the fact that this was an evolution from hatch, something most other cars manage to hide. For a car of this price ( and hence class ) this profile is not tolerable. From the rear three quarter view, to me the boot was again added after the car was designed first. And to make the matters worse, the design looks confused. Looks like Honda did not have a proper plan to follow during design and hence they kept on changing the things every 5 minutes and finally ended upon a confused looking car, indicating the confusion in minds of designers.
Well, looks and design are somewhat subjective. I don't find the boot stuck on unlike what you feel. And to me the design has a central theme and looks great - except from the back where its kind of ok. I also don't think there is any similarity with the Jazz - front, side or rear profile !
Old 7th February 2009, 10:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Well, looks and design are somewhat subjective. I don't find the boot stuck on unlike what you feel. And to me the design has a central theme and looks great - except from the back where its kind of ok. I also don't think there is any similarity with the Jazz - front, side or rear profile !
Yes, one may like the styling of ANHC or not, but the car does have a cohessive styling theme. The surfaces have a kind of 'chiseled' effect marked by well defined lines flowing and blending very nicely. You can notice this on the boot as well, especialy on the tail lamps.

The same theme has been carried on to the interior as well.

There are certain elements I personally dont like but I think this must have been a dream project for designers. No wonder it has won the best design award from AutocarIndia.
Old 7th February 2009, 11:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
It is ugly. But after the NHC, even Om Puri fitted with 4 wheels and an engine would look sexier. So it's still better than the previous gen. Hopefully the next gen City looks as good as the OHC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If I were to pick amongst the best looking City's over the last few years it would be in the order of

1 - OHC
2 - ANHC
3 - Fugly Ugly NHC. (no offense to any NHC owners here )

Reality is that atleast for now , Honda has come up with better styling externally compared to the older NHC. I can live with it and to my eyes it looks really appealing than appalling like its predecessor NHC.
I endorse the above views. No other sedan was as odd-looking as the NHC.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th February 2009 at 11:28.
Old 7th February 2009, 11:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Face of ANHC looks like crocodile mouth.

Rear of ANHC looks like chopped boot.

Otherwise, ANHC is miss world.

Disclaimer: its purely my opinion.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 7th February 2009 at 11:53.
Old 7th February 2009, 12:01   #66
BHPian

ANHC in not a very good looking car in my opinion, it may be more practical, then the older ones, but as far as only looks are concerned, it's not a stunner by any means. OHC was the best looking amoung the lot, but not very comfortable for big people.
Old 7th February 2009, 12:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

ANHC is not a bad looker especially with the rear lamp cluster taking its cues from the 3 - series. But in terms of its cost and the equipment supplied, its no where close to value for money.

My 2 cents
Old 7th February 2009, 13:01   #68
BHPian

i am sure the designer was gay.
Old 7th February 2009, 13:29   #69
BANNED

For me, OHC is the best looking for the 3. NHC is very ugly. ONHC is slightly better than the NHC.
Old 7th February 2009, 13:49   #70
BHPian

the front looks ok but the rear is quite sad it will surely go through its own share of face lifts and changes, probably after a while

Also the cars in the same segment are no great shakes right now to say New City in not good looking, also please note that cars that look good on a poster may look quite sad in reality For Eg : SX4 (personal choice)
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else around who thinks ANHC is ugly?-comparrr.jpg  

Old 7th February 2009, 15:41   #71
BHPian

The ANHCs rear is a poor copy from BMW 3-Series as many have observed here. The front is definitely better than the previous generation of NHC. I hated the bulge and the centre-crease that was supposed to make the car look more aerodynamic.

But i do have a problem with the long nose (so called arrow) of the vehicle on speed-bumps and in underground parking spaces in malls / apartments. I pity (no offense) the ANHC owners who have to be very careful while going down on a ramp approaching its end.

Being a honda the engine and interiors are spot on though. The car will sell, because the name "HONDA" sells. Besides not many people seem to bother about aesthetics of a car design.
Old 7th February 2009, 16:37   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Also the cars in the same segment are no great shakes right now to say New City in not good looking, also please note that cars that look good on a poster may look quite sad in reality For Eg : SX4 (personal choice)
In my opinion, you cannot compare the looks of Fiesta & Verna with
the NHC. Fiesta & Verna are far better looking than both NHC & AHNC.
SX4, I would consider to be more or less in the same level of looks as NHC. ANHC is better looking than SX4.
Old 7th February 2009, 16:48   #73
Senior - BHPian

Purely on looks. My ranking-
1.Linea
2.ANHC
3.SX4
4.Fiesta
5.Verna

No offence to anyone.
Old 7th February 2009, 17:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
the front looks ok but the rear is quite sad it will surely go through its own share of face lifts and changes, probably after a while

IMHO, the Honda City is more space age than good design. The shock and awe protocol of Honda is more than visible here, and another good example of a pleasant looking vehicle, suddenly monstrosified in the name of revamp is the ungainly, ugly, frog of a Honda CRV!
the ANHC is not butt ugly, nor is it a bad looking vehicle. but its new on the roads, hence we appreciate the variety. Once it starts becoming ubiquitous, I am quite sure I shall start finding the design very average.
I like the rear more than the front (subjective)

here's my opinion on the collage by raj.barcode
1. Linea (pants, umm sorry , hands down). She's smoking hot.
2. Fiesta (in the newer avatar in SXI guise, and esp in Shocking Blue)
3. ANHC
4. Verna
5. SX4
6. NHC (the older NHC)
Old 7th February 2009, 17:48   #75
BHPian

Cant call the ANHC Ugly, But it could have been better.

P.S. It looks great in white
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks