Team-BHP - Anyone else around who thinks ANHC is ugly?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Anyone else around who thinks ANHC is ugly? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/53062-anyone-else-around-who-thinks-anhc-ugly.html)

'Shooting Arrow Stance', 'Civic's look alike albeit smaller', 'Stunner'... these are the words people say to describe ANHC but I find it ugly (no offence to Honda owners)

I feel after every iteration Honda in trying to make the City look futuristic and appealing has lost the plot. The second generation City was the best looking of the lot imho, nice well formed lines, sophisticated, beautiful rear end, very European in appearance.

The ANHC is confused, lines, even more lines, creases, more creases with no method to them, only madness. The rear is especially horrible and I fail to understand what Honda designers were thinking. At first I thought it was the weedy small tyres but then I saw one with low profile tyres with bigger alloys which did make it appear better but not as much.

Is there anyone else on the forum who finds the ANHC ugly or is it just me?

P.S. I must tell you that I am a fan of European designes, nice well formed lines each having a purpose and the stance which is confidence personified.

I don't think it's ugly but Im not too sold on its looks either. IMHO it is a design that will age very fast. I don't like the back.

I liked the tail light design of the original NHC, not ZX. As I've mentioned elsewhere, The NHC may be pilloried for its goofy looks but it was a very futurisitc design that will stay current for years to come.

Well I like it better than the older version (which looked like a boat overturned by a Tsunami... no offence to respective owners). The OHC type 2 is also quite a looker in terms of contemporary styling.

IMO, the new one is in some way's a "poor man's civic" at least lookswise.

I love its look from the front.
The back could have been better.

Looks best in black. :D

Quote:

(which looked like a boat overturned by a Tsunami)
LoL ,thats a new one.

Yes I think it's down right ugly. The front grille reminds me of ventilator slats. Less said about the rear the better. But it will sell - Its a Honda :)

Am one. I find the front grill damn ugly and back we all know is a copy of BMW 3.
IMO first generation city was best looking- style and substance. NHC was a toyish look. And this one is the worst.
Civic still remains the best looker for Honda as the new accord has a snoobish look and if we take all Honda vehicles till date in India then 2nd generation Accord takes the crown.

@Aditya- Tsunami one was kool:D

there are some designs which look ugly initally and after a couple of years they are not so ugly or even pretty. the nhc and the current g3hc are the opposite. I initially felt that the euro styiling of the nhc looked good then after couple of years i hated it. the current one looked good initially and i think i am not liking it now. see a g3hc in the basement daily. so to me both don't. ohc type 2 still wins me. a nice alloy on the OHC worked wonders. they didn't on the nhc and the g3hc and tha's a problem. only the looks are taken into consideration here. other factors differ in opinion.

Anyway, it's far far better than NHCs, Accents, Vernas, Elantras and Logans

Yes, I do believe it looks ugly. It has no specific design theme, purely confused looks. The headlight design lets it down even more. The grille is just about OK. Then entire car looks tired in the first place if you have a glance at it. Also the rear looks like a bad copy of BMW.

Not the best looking one like what the G1HC was. People had speculation that the G3HC will be very nearer to G1HC, but when I saw the shy shots, I knew its not going to be the real 3 box sedan.
The problem lies in the fact that this car is based on Jazz. This time they have changed the panels to give it a look different from Jazz, but the roots are clearly indicated. I mean look at Verna, Fiesta and even SX4 for that matter. They have some design theme, and they look like proper sedans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 1161220)
Anyway, it's far far better than NHCs, Accents, Vernas, Elantras and Logans

The problem is it doesnt competes with the Logan's or the Accents. Verna looks OK to me.

I love the front grille, but something has gone awry with the back.

Overall, I quite liked the design... that is, until I saw the Linea!

My neighbour has one and I hate the way it looks. But its much better than the previous gen City. It has good mod capabilities though.

I think what happened is that honda engineers spent so much time designing the front that they overshoot their deadline and as a result came up with a uninspiring rear.
Jokes apart the ANHC seems to be selling really well which brings us to the question that whethers indians are buying the car just because of the honda badge even though interior plastics and build quality isnt really upto the mark.

Well i personally like the looks. Just that quality of the grille could be better and rear could have been better designed. But i think it ll take time to get used to the rear.

P.S.:-

No offence to the thread starter- But i dont find much need to open this thread. Looks are subjective.

have you ever noticed that an outstanding dress would be noticed quick and once people see enough of it they get much bored compared to an usual normal dress!!:D

same goes for the ANHC.. its too sharp and too sexy which is not my liking!!i was wow at first but thats fading real quick!!and about being ugly..hmm,not yet but sometimes soon.

ya looks are subjective but i guess the front went too much this time.
one reason why i opted for the fiesta over the ANHC:)