Old 9th February 2009, 08:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

the Hyundai Verna AT Crdi cost 10.22 lacs on road Bangalore
Old 9th February 2009, 09:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
the Hyundai Verna AT Crdi cost 10.22 lacs on road Bangalore
That's not too bad considering the City AT costs 10.4L on road bangalore.
Old 9th February 2009, 11:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

While the 4 speed tranny is a downer of some sorts, I wonder if a Petes Box would change a few things on the Verna AT.
Old 9th February 2009, 11:36   #19
BANNED

Good to see AT coming on more cars. I have owned small ATs since 1999, first a Zen and now a Santro. The Maruti auto (sam was there in the Esteem) was very poor 3-speed, while the Hyundai 4-speed is much better. However, non of these have an electronic clutch lock up, and are thus even more thirsty that they should be.

I hope the Verna Auto is not the same as the Santro (3-speeds on the shift, and the 4th labelled OD on a button on the handle).

Also, none of our Auto boxes seemt o be acompanied by a better braking system, since an AT puts more load on the brakes (no engine braking except in low range). In the west AT cars as a rule have uprates brakes. The consequence is that the disc pads in both the Zen and Santro last about 22,000km!
Old 9th February 2009, 11:42   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That's not too bad considering the City AT costs 10.4L on road bangalore.
How can I included a Honda whenever I even think of VFM
Old 9th February 2009, 12:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
was surprised to see Verna automatic was launched 10 days back
This car has been the best kept secret in the history of Indian automotive history! Any idea why Hyundai is treating the Verna A/T like it's some top secret project? The launch and marketing of this car sounds like it was handled by some guys Hyundai poached from Fiat India! 10 days into the launch and they haven't bothered to update their website. What's going on? Seems like the manufacturer is totally dis-interested in our market.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:21   #22
BHPian

Though late but a welcome version anyday. I always missed AT in Verna VGT whenever I was driving in city although on the highway it was never felt. However, a 4 speed AT is perhaps not too good for Verna VGT/ Sonata CRDi ( H Matic) may be just good enough. BTW Corolla also has 4 speed AT( tiptronic)

Santro with 4 speed AT is fantastic on highway as well as city. Hope Verna AT feels as great.

All Honda cars now have 5 speeds . Laura has 6 speed AT but may be power to weight ratio will still play in favour of Verna. Wish they added Airbags too and it would have been great VFM for AT lovers in diesel .
Old 9th February 2009, 17:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Based on this thread, I checked Hyundai's website which is not exactly very user friendly. Still no mention of AT, though it may be available, as some have pointed out. Could be order based delivery.
Old 9th February 2009, 17:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

AT is definitely a welcome sign - cant really complain about 4 speed in Verna since Corolla & Sonata, at higher level also come with 4 speed autos. However i would still say this car is overpriced, considering that that they don't have airbags.

Eager to see a review of the AT.
Old 9th February 2009, 17:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What's going on? Seems like the manufacturer is totally dis-interested in our market.
On the contrary, Hyundai seems to be the only active one in these tough times. i20 followed by sonata followed by verna update. sometimes we demand too much.

EDIT: Hyundai launched updated verna officially only today. So we can expect website update by tomorrow.

Last edited by Comrade : 9th February 2009 at 17:51.
Old 9th February 2009, 18:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Verna AT announcement

Hyundai launches new Verna
- Introduces the 1st Diesel Automatic in the segment

New Delhi, Monday 9, 2009: Hyundai Motor India, the country’s largest exporter and the second largest car manufacturer today launched the all new Verna with luxurious interiors and improved exterior features to further enhance its appeal to customers.

The new Verna range includes two petrol variants - 1.6 VTVT & 1.6 SX VTVT - and two diesel variants - 1.5 CRDi VGT & 1.5 SX CRDi VGT. In addition, Hyundai has also introduced Automatic transmission in VGT SX variant making it the 1st diesel A/T in its segment. Uniquely developed for a demanding segment of Indian consumers, the automatic version provides economy of diesel and the convenience of an automatic transmission in the same package.

The 1.6 litre petrol variant develops an impressive 103.2PS@5500 rpm as maximum power and 14.9 kgm@3000 rpm of maximum torque. The 1.5 litre diesel variant develops a whopping power output of 110 ps@4000 rpm and an impressive torque of 24 kgm@1900 - 2750 rpm. The top end diesel variant will be available with both - a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic transmission.

While the engine and the mechanicals remain the same the new Verna brings in a host of new features. The new Verna offers aerodynamic styling on the exteriors with a stylish new radiator grille, electrically adjustable ORVM, new chrome insert in waistline moulding, rear chrome garnish and a new full wheel cover for enhanced visual appeal.

The interiors of the new Verna boast several significant design revisions with premium, sophisticated new fabrics and detailed improvements in quality and finish. The audio console has been upgraded too and boasts of a high fidelity 2 DIN Music System with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The new Verna also incorporates safety features like ABS, reflecting Hyundai's emphasis on safety and security.

To add to these features, the new Verna comes in 6 new exciting colours to choose from: Blushing Red, Stone Black, Crystal White, Champagne Gold, Sleek Silver & Deep Ocean Blue.

Hyundai Verna launched in India in September 2006 with both petrol and diesel engine, created a different experience for customers with its exterior and interior features that redefined the automobile segment in the country. Since then, the Hyundai Verna has cut a niche for itself with its elegant styling and comfort, in addition to its time-tested quality and reliability.

Ex-Showroom Delhi : Prices
Verna Variants Price Ex-Showroom (Rs)
VTVT (Petrol) 637,700
SX VTVT (Petrol) 712,500
CRDi VGT (Diesel) 752,200
SX CRDi VGT (Diesel) 802,100
SX CRDi VGT AT (Diesel) 865,350

PS - IMHO no airbags is a big mistake, especially at a time when the City comes with them as standard in all variants and even Hyundai's i20 breaks new ground in the segment with six. At the very least they should offer them as an option with the Verna.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna Automatic launched!!!-nq_verna.jpg  

Hyundai Verna Automatic launched!!!-nq_verna1.jpg  

Last edited by StarScream : 9th February 2009 at 19:01.
Old 9th February 2009, 19:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Both the exterior and interior looks better and nice.
No airbags wont be a big issue as most people buy the diesel for its engine and by the numbers earlier Verna was sold this one will find a decent number too.
Anyone did a TD of AT yet?
Old 9th February 2009, 20:10   #28
BHPian

Excellent!! Finally a diesel AT car for less than 10L
Old 9th February 2009, 20:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a welcome addition to the AT world and with its diesel engine could provide serious competition to Honda City (also Civic/Corolla?). I am tempted but have no need for any car now.
Old 9th February 2009, 21:39   #30
BHPian

I find no difference between the new launches interiors to the old one. The interiors look exactly the same as the brochure that I have for my car. I guess its something that can only be judged when you actually sit inside the car. Hopefuly somone can go check it out and put up a few live snaps here!

Most Viewed