Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 22:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Try climbing up a steep hill with 4 adults on board or flooring it on an open road.
Lets take it up a notch. Try going up to a hill station with 4 adults with luggage with A/C on and is so happens that the tire pressure is low. . Perfect recipe to fry the engine.
Old 19th February 2009, 03:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

Let's not forget that A fiat Palio does duty with an even punier 1.1 litre engine. Do the same thing on this car. Imagine the situtation now.
Old 19th February 2009, 14:57   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Let's not forget that A fiat Palio does duty with an even punier 1.1 litre engine. Do the same thing on this car. Imagine the situtation now.
Lets not forget that the Palio 1.1 went down to bargain basement pricing (unlike the premium Fabia). Also, no one really thinks that the Palio 1.1 had the power deserving of a big hatch either.
Old 19th February 2009, 20:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

I still didnt get the point.

Palio had a 1.6 model which they spoiled completely. Their 1.1 is weak for a 4 lac car. You now get a better equipped Fabia 1.2 for something less than a lakh.

Swift has a more powerful engine and Fabia has better quality and interiors. Fabia has a tough time matching Swift's value trying its best.

Why blame them? they are still a small player in the market.
Old 16th March 2009, 09:58   #50
VKJ
BHPian

Marketing gimmicks, the numbers are well worked out at actuals. You would be surprised when you visit them how they bring that to the base price. New tantra's mantra's.

I have seen similar thing that happened recently in bangalore and this was in real estate, the promoters Orange prperty gave colorful adds in paper only to bring huge crowd...people later realized the real numbers played there!!!!!
Old 10th June 2009, 21:56   #51
BHPian

Discount once again

Saw another Ad. in today's Times of India - Mumbai. Fabia Diesel at 5.21 Lakhs, Price ex-showroom Thane. Another attempt like Getz D to steal the show from Punto. Though with better A**, 5.21L would not have been a bad price. After Jazz's pricing everything else is looking like VFM, Punto pricing will clear the pciture.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:32   #52
BHPian

No matter what, the Fabia would be ripoff once it comes to the service part, my friend is suffering badly and his pocket is bleeding because of the high spares cost and maintenace.
Old 11th June 2009, 10:46   #53
BHPian

damn i liked fabia so much when it was launched. now the market is flooded with jazz puntos, ritzzss, i20sss, etc....... me waiting for polo(sounds stupid). but its my first car. dont want to get it wrong.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:25   #54
BHPian

New ad in the paper today

This is the advert in Mumbai Mirror
which says diesel fabia at 6.4L ex-showroom
yesterday I remember seeing the advert quoting a price of 5.21L ex-showroom. Now what is this a typo or change in plans!!!
Attached Thumbnails
SHOCKKKKER!!!! Skoda Fabia for 4.39L for 4 days-getimage.jpg  

SHOCKKKKER!!!! Skoda Fabia for 4.39L for 4 days-getimage.png  

Last edited by schitre05 : 11th June 2009 at 11:45.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Have Test Driven both,

Totally Agree. Just shut the door of the Fabia, no other hatch compares, even the new city and Civics "Clank" in comparision to the "Thud".

At a certain VFM level feel the same about the Indica vs the other Hatches - Run the risk of being laughed at but that is my take on it.
Well I always get amused by Thud vs Clank thing , a thud is function of rubber ingot placed somewhere and down the line when lining wear down converts to clank , Can be converted back to thud by replacing the rubber linings and ingots.

Please do remember when two sheets of metal strike however thick they may be the sound is never a thud but a metallic clank.

How does it affect the drivability or build of the car ?

If you really want to compare metal thickness take a screw gauge open the door panel and try to measure the sheet thickness.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:54   #56
BHPian

The discount should be true. I was offered the Fabia base model petrol @ 4.38 ex showroom- but i went in for the diesel classic again with discount.

This is in Kerala.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:58   #57
BHPian

The only difference I see is that the 5.21 has the following words

"Exchange your existing car for a brand new Skoda"

So maybe the 5.21 L is after some sort of exchange?
Old 11th June 2009, 12:29   #58
BHPian

Another SHOCK
just spoke to JMD Skoda Thane
According to them the Skoda Active diesel is just a paper product
It is not in production!!
So the advert actually is to lure innocent customers to their showroom and sell the xpensive classic and ambient version
The quote i got for Classic Diesel after a discount of 45K is 6.28L O.T.R Mumbai
But I would like to ask
why to put such misleading adverts?
Is it not a case of cheating of trying to sell a product which does not exist and advertising it in a national newspaper?
anyways following is the contact number for JMD Auto thane
Old 11th June 2009, 12:35   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The only difference I see is that the 5.21 has the following words

"Exchange your existing car for a brand new Skoda"

So maybe the 5.21 L is after some sort of exchange?
Let me take a wild guess...the "old car" is the one month old car advertised in the above add

Seriously, I could have dreamt of taking a car loan and buy a fabia, but what held me back was unavailability of "car repair" loans to get it serviced!

Regards,
Old 11th June 2009, 12:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

I guess JMD & Autobahn both price their cars differently ( 1 lac difference !! )

And we all know SKODA ( international ) does not interfere with the dealers way of working

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks